Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 3:46pm

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I'd be a happy camper if they made a custom controller that I could stick in my drum, that would toggle the buttons by creating different tones, and a game to go with it. I have a LED system in my drum that responds like that and they have the microphone for Guitar Hero etc, so it seems quite possible, but with a limited market.
    I never pictured you as a drummer... you usually sound pretty smart.

Anyway, sounds like a fun idea. However, yes, the market seems kind of limited... were you thinking of something like the rocksmith game or rather a game that uses the instrument in a more abstract way?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 5:05pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    I never pictured you as a drummer... you usually sound pretty smart.
    I...you...but...

Anyway, sounds like a fun idea. However, yes, the market seems kind of limited... were you thinking of something like the rocksmith game or rather a game that uses the instrument in a more abstract way?
    I was originally thinking like the Rocksmith one, but if they could find a convenient way for me to use a drum to fly a spaceship or shoot a fireball at Ryu that'd be cool too. The main technical problem I see is that a lot of people, especially kids, don't have the patience to learn to play the same note consistently.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    2/03/2013 7:03am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Here's some gameplay with commentary for Devil May Cry in Dante Must Die mode.

Posted On:
    2/03/2013 10:13am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The gameplay looks pretty good. Is Dante as godawful obnoxious as all the previews make him out to be?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2013 10:30am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ,WT,Escrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gaming mostly on week-ends,PC user all the way:

-Fallout: New Vegas.I keep going back to it from time to time,and plugging in new mods.
    -Assassins Creed 3.Fun but i dont see myself picking it up again once im done.

As a side note. my full-time job now is in game dev: Im one of the artists working on Dead State,the Indie zombie\survival RPG.

Posted On:
    2/03/2013 10:35am

Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Bullshido Video Games Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Escrimator View Post
    Gaming mostly on week-ends,PC user all the way:

-Fallout: New Vegas.I keep going back to it from time to time,and plugging in new mods.
    -Assassins Creed 3.Fun but i dont see myself picking it up again once im done.

As a side note. my full-time job now is in game dev: Im one of the artists working on Dead State,the Indie zombie\survival RPG.
    Anything you can tell us about "Dead State"?
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2013 10:54am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since you asked,I hope this doesnt come off as spamming\shilling the game here:

Dead State is the brainchild of Troika\Bioware veteran Brian Mitsoda,better known by some of you as the lead writer for Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines,now heading his own Indie studio,DoubleBear productions.

Paraphrasing Brian,Its the zombie game about humans. Every fan of the genre knows thats what the best stories in it are about, from Romero to Brooks,etc How people cope with a catastrophe and being forced to pull together to get by.

You assume the role of the leader of a shelter and its survivors,having to face the everyday logistics and issues stemming from ordinary people put into stressing circumstances and tough choices. More than just the undead roaming about,id categorize other survivors and even some of your own people as the true problem.

http://www.deadstate.doublebearproductions.com/ you will find a lot more information here.

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/03/2013 2:51pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Spamming is shitty adverts. You are telling us about a game to try.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2013 3:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Duly noted,IIF. I certainly encourage anyone interested in finding more about DS,and will be very happy if people like it. More than a paycheck,it also happens to be a labor of love for me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2013 4:06pm

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Escrimator View Post
    Since you asked,I hope this doesnt come off as spamming\shilling the game here:

Dead State is the brainchild of Troika\Bioware veteran Brian Mitsoda,better known by some of you as the lead writer for Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines,now heading his own Indie studio,DoubleBear productions.

Paraphrasing Brian,Its the zombie game about humans. Every fan of the genre knows thats what the best stories in it are about, from Romero to Brooks,etc How people cope with a catastrophe and being forced to pull together to get by.

You assume the role of the leader of a shelter and its survivors,having to face the everyday logistics and issues stemming from ordinary people put into stressing circumstances and tough choices. More than just the undead roaming about,id categorize other survivors and even some of your own people as the true problem.

http://www.deadstate.doublebearproductions.com/ you will find a lot more information here.
    Sounds like the walking dead.
Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 404647484950 51525354 ... LastLast