Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/05/2012 11:14am

Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I don't know if any of you like the Lego games or not, but Lord of the Rings is set to be out soon. Oh and there is this Halo 4 game, not sure if anyone has heard of it yet lol. I have high hopes for it and hope it lives up to my expectations.
    Halo 4 sounds like it's going to suck ass just like all the new halos. Halo 2 was great, let's go back to that, a world without armor lock and jet packs. A world where you shot some one in the head a few times and they died.

Posted On:
    12/04/2012 1:45am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Recently finished episode 5 of The Walking Dead. Man, what a great story. I won't say anything more to not give anything away, but I really can't recommend this game enough.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2013 3:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...r-vaughan-bell

The number of aliens you kill may directly contribute to an improvement in your brain. This may not sound like a typical scientific discovery, but it has come from some of the world's finest neuroscience laboratories. In fact, it is the genuine outcome of studies on how action video games can improve your attention, mental control and visual skills. We're talking here about fast-moving titles such as Halo, Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto, which demand quick reflexes and instant decision-making. They're often portrayed as the most trashy, vapid and empty-headed forms of digital entertainment, but it looks as if they may be particularly good at sharpening your mental skills.
    Not only are video games making me samrter, they also don't make me into a killer. Just a little short term aggression bump. I'm going to go buy Halo 4 now, because nueroscientists told me I should.

Posted On:
    1/12/2013 11:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not to sure where to post this little gem so I decided to post it here
    Check it out people you can learn Self Defense from the comfort of your own homes using kinect
    Self-Defense Training Camp by Ubi Soft
    http://www.amazon.com/Self-Defense-T..._sim_sbs_vg_25

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 11:12am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I both hate, and want to buy that.

Reduce Your Risk Of Being A Victim - The game will feature more than 30 real self-defense moves that are taught by real-life self-defense coaches with years of experience.
    Become Confident In Your Abilities - Utilizing Kinect's superior tracking technology, the game will follow your movements and give you immediate feedback that make mastering self-defense moves more accessible to everyone.
    Yikes.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 12:27pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Not to sure where to post this little gem so I decided to post it here Check it out people you can learn Self Defense from the comfort of your own homes using kinect Self-Defense Training Camp by Ubi Soft
    Good ol' Ubisoft.

This is probably like Guitar Hero. Does GH teach you to play guitar? No, but it could improve motor skills useful for guitar, such as eye/hand coordination, finger speed, and basic musical skills like tempo and rhythm.

Because Kinect requires you to stand and be mobile, maybe there is something to it....maybe this type of game becomes the segue from couch potato to "I'm gonna sign up for real MA classes".

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 1:39pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, this thread came back from the grave! Sweet.

I've been playing Castlevania: Lords of Shadow recently. It's pretty much God of War plus Shadow of the Colossus in medieval Europe with Patrick Stewart narrating and seeming sinister as hell. I know there's been a lot of consternation about it's not really Castlevania, but the series really sort of started to go to hell after Symphony Of The Night so a reboot isn't out of line.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 2:09pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Castlevania + Patrick Stewart? **** yeah.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 2:29pm

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    No, but it could improve motor skills useful for guitar, such as eye/hand coordination, finger speed, and basic musical skills like tempo and rhythm.
    Like any game with quick time events.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    1/15/2013 3:06pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd be a happy camper if they made a custom controller that I could stick in my drum, that would toggle the buttons by creating different tones, and a game to go with it. I have a LED system in my drum that responds like that and they have the microphone for Guitar Hero etc, so it seems quite possible, but with a limited market.
Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 394546474849 50515253 ... LastLast