Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/01/2012 2:52am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kickboxing?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's another shameless plug for my mates game. Seeing as how he's released a Beta. It's due for release on December 21st, 2012.

If you like "oldschool" grid based RPG's you may like this. I do some voice acting for characters.

Malevolence: Sword Of Ahkranox

http://www.malevolencegame.com/index.html

Forum is up.

http://www.malevolencegame.com/forum/

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    11/01/2012 4:36am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    after having played xcom for a while, im a bit on the fence.

1- its much better than the previous ufo games (afterlight, aftershock, etc) but TBH that doesnt mean a lot cos they were fucking awful.

2- this game lacks character. the soldiers could really do with some personality. they are basically all clones randomly assigned to be sniper/support/etc. Apart from gaining a little bit of health and choosing between two talents each level, there is no customisation. perks, traits, etc could have gone a long way to making you care a bit more about your soldiers. not to mention they all sound like the same american grunt. the ability to change their race/name etc is also a bit fucking stupid really. this game needs to go and look at a few other squad based tactical games for inspiration (jagged alliance in particular)

3- for the most part its a graphical update and in a lot of regards actually a step back. annoys me how you can never sneak up on, or really be snuck up on. it makes stealth play impossible and kills what has the potential to be a massive part of the game, made even more ridiculous by how the first mission in the tutorial pans out.

4- its hard to believe that in this day and age, games still have issues with camera control. the way theyve done the multi layering in this is pretty crappy TBH, it can be a real fucking pain to tell whether you are behind a wall or not, or a door, etc.

yeah i guess my biggest complanit is that other than a gfx update they havent actually improved on much. so while its good, there is a huge untouched potential being wasted. hopefully some modders can change this.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    11/01/2012 7:44am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAd MMAx View Post
    Anybody playing Dishonored?
    Just finished it yesterday morning.
    I liked the game well enough, basically though, if I were to make a single pointed criticism, I would say that the game actually has a very excellent combat system, but the game discourages you from entering combat.

Basically, to play the game 'properly' ie - get the 'good' ending, you need to sneak around everywhere and use non lethal tactics, (rear naked choke or sleeper dart) when what you really WANT to do is use the awesome melee combat and assassination system.

I'd call that a fail.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/01/2012 7:57am

supporting member
     Style: DocePares/MMA(YawYan)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've just started Dishonoured. Clearly heading for the "bad" ending.

I suffer from a combination of violent urges and lack of anything resembling sneaking skills.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2012 9:30am

Style: judo, boxing -noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, fcuk Diablo. FCUK it. I'm gonna buy this.

Sorry if it has been mentioned before.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2012 7:06pm

Style: JJJ/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Finished Dishonored (I'd spell it right but that's how it is on the box) and I thought it was pretty fun, but far too easy.

As Colin says, best ending you need to sneak and not kill people, so no drop assassinations, no pistols, grenades, springrazors or calling rats to eat people alive. So basically, most of the game.

One last gripe, I bought this for the PS3, whereas I mostly play games on the PC. I know there's not as many buttons but it really pisses me off the million or so times I've snuck up behind someone and instead of choking them out I block with my sword because I'm slightly too far away.

Has anyone played I Am Alive yet?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/02/2012 12:33pm

Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just traded in all but 2 of my xbox games for ACIII. So far it's awesome. But I'm a gigantic nerd and freaking love AC. The game play really isn't that great, but that's not why I play AC. I play it for the awesome story and history lessons. And sneaking up and killing people. Mostly British this time. Oh, and multiplayer. It's an endless run of tricking dumb people.

Posted On:
    11/02/2012 3:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know if any of you like the Lego games or not, but Lord of the Rings is set to be out soon. Oh and there is this Halo 4 game, not sure if anyone has heard of it yet lol. I have high hopes for it and hope it lives up to my expectations.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    11/03/2012 4:36am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I actually reviewed Dishonored:

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/03/2012 8:30am

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Currently I'm playing two newly released indie games:

Primal Carnage & Natural Selection 2.

PC is a dinosaur vs human multiplayer shooter. Currently only has team deathmatch, but objective based maps on the way.

NS2 is an RTS/FPS hybrid similar to Savage crossed with a starcraft-like setting.

Being indie games, they're both pretty cheap.
Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384445464748 49505152 ... LastLast