Sponsored Links Spacer Image

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    5/23/2012 2:40pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, you didn't need to mod the Saturn to play imports, you just needed an action replay cartridge.

Posted On:
    5/23/2012 2:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Not in Australia. The Sony launch price was $1499 (yes I know it is a bad joke) and the Saturn was $899.

You're not comparing like to like. You're talking about the 6 launch titles for the Saturn available in May, At which time the sony was not even out yet. The Sony came out in September, and for the first month, it had what? Battle Arena Toshinden. Tekken came out in October - which was a good game obviously - but in the case of both systems, the best games were not launch titles.

In fact the best game of that entire generation, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, was available on both systems, and it ran better on the Saturn due to it's awesome processing power.

The Sony did get some great exclusives like Resident Evil, and Final Fantasy - but I just think you haven't seen the right Saturn games. Have you played Guardian Heroes? Widely regarded as one of the best beat em ups of all time. Furthermore, I think you might be forgetting some of the early Sony games which were also quite dreadful. In fact - most early 3D games on all systems were pretty horrible.
    Well I don't hate you as much now after the symphony reference. Did you get the full 205% complete on it??

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/23/2012 2:46pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not in Australia. The Sony launch price was $1499 (yes I know it is a bad joke) and the Saturn was $899.
    WTF? You wacky aussies.

You're not comparing like to like. You're talking about the 6 launch titles for the Saturn available in May, At which time the sony was not even out yet.
    cause Sony didn't push the launch date so they could say FIRST.

The Sony came out in September, and for the first month, it had what? Battle Arena Toshinden. Tekken came out in October - which was a good game obviously - but in the case of both systems, the best games were not launch titles.
    Battle Arena Toshinden was the ****! Its the first fighting game that had lateral circling (at least that I'd played). Better than Tekken IMHO. And the game worked in a CD player so you could jam to the soundtrack!

In fact the best game of that entire generation, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, was available on both systems, and it ran better on the Saturn due to it's awesome processing power.
    That was a really great game, didn't know they made it for Saturn. I mostly played it on a computer so can't comment on how it runs.

The Sony did get some great exclusives like Resident Evil, and Final Fantasy - but I just think you haven't seen the right Saturn games. Have you played Guardian Heroes? Widely regarded as one of the best beat em ups of all time. Furthermore, I think you might be forgetting some of the early Sony games which were also quite dreadful. In fact - most early 3D games on all systems were pretty horrible.
    I have pretty limited experience with the Saturn. That is to say, limited to the experience of lame games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Well I don't hate you as much now after the symphony reference. Did you get the full 205% complete on it??
    I did!

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    5/23/2012 2:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Trick question? it was 200.6% and yeah I got it.
    (the sword brothers glitch didn't work on the Saturn version)

Posted On:
    5/23/2012 3:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trick question? it was 200.6% and yeah I got it.
    (the sword brothers glitch didn't work on the Saturn version)
    It was real pain in the ass to get that glitch to work anyway, leveling that sword up enough took forever.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    5/23/2012 3:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was pretty fucking cool when it changed shape at level 50 and again at 75 though.
    At level 99, it surely hit like a truck, too - although my favourite weapon had to be the Crissaegrim.

Posted On:
    5/23/2012 3:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was pretty fucking cool when it changed shape at level 50 and again at 75 though.
    At level 99, it surely hit like a truck, too - although my favourite weapon had to be the Crissaegrim.

I always liked the heaven sword, it was like a boomerang of death. They actually put symphony in the Dracula x cronicles on the psp and made some slight improvements.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/23/2012 5:06pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Crissaegrim kinda made things too easy. I liked the Medusa Shield cause it was also a weapon.

Posted On:
    5/23/2012 8:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Crissaegrim kinda made things too easy. I liked the Medusa Shield cause it was also a weapon.
    That's really my only complaint about it, it was a little too easy. I played the whole game through with just the combat knife once just for a challenge. Even that really wasn't that hard. I'm hoping for a remake someday, the ones on the ds just were not the same.

LVL 99 Photomancer

Posted On:
    5/27/2012 11:10am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just did a review of Magna Carta 2.
    A bloody good game.