Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2011 11:49am

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Battlefields. I am really too lazy to go digging for references on this subject, so it is good to have someone who can provide such. As I said, I don't see why it should be done except in certain medical conditions. However the argument isn't that contentious either, as it consists of mostly rebuttals to reasons for why it is still practiced.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2011 12:07pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    uncut and the American girls love it.

Just sayin'

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    11/27/2011 1:36pm

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I suppose Rabbit is just trying to justify why he is missing part of his schlong, as are other advocates.
    A useless part that statistically lowered my chances of early death and a slew of infectious diseases? Completely removed the need to have the foreskin removed, say, at 50? Not to mention easy to clean and handsome too?

Nope, not missing anything other than an ugly piece of skin. My appendix is more important and I still have that.

Quote Originally Posted by pokeroo View Post
    W. Rabbit
    While you make a good point of how Jewish Doctors would have an interest in why their cultural practices might be beneficial for health reasons, I find quoting the old testament of the bible to be no more Jewish than it is Christian.
    You missed the context. Sayre, Chapman....those are the "founding fathers" of modern US circumcision and you need to actually read the sources because it had very little to nothing to do with faith or the Bible.

It had everything to do with statistical surveys and censuses of the health of Jews compared to other ethnicities at the end of the 19th century. Jews had lower rates of mortality and a slew of other infections and at the time the medical community began taking an interest in the use of circumcision at birth as a way of reducing these rates across all demographics. The procedure also shed light on a number of previously puzzling medical challenges. In particular, mysterious cases of paralysis in boys and young men were solved when it was discovered that those cases of paralysis were caused by penile infections.

It was, in fact, the use of circumcision as a "miracle cure" for paralysis that led to the research and subsequent adoption of the procedure in US hospitals.

Consider this: uncircumcised men, being more prone to a number of topical infections, can require circumcision later in life in order to quell those infections. While infant circumcision is relatively painless and forgettable, older men report that circumcision later in life is extremely painful, has a long recovery period...a fairly traumatic experience.

So, having that junk removed at birth can also save quite a number of men health complications later in life.

When you are 90 and can no longer clean yourself properly without help, you may really, really want to have that foreskin removed after all.

Also, your rebuttal to my first point of "no", although deeply thought out, is contradicted by one of the quotes you put below.
    Not contradicted, you like the Wikipedia (since that is the source of yours and Battlefields contentions that this is about masturbation, right?) are misleading.

The source of widespread US circumcision is due to the medical community associating the improved health stats of circumcised Jewish boys with Jewish circumcision at birth, combined with the fact that there were a large number of Jewish doctors who simply supported the practice for cultural traditional reasons anyway (which have both religious and hygienic purpose).

Alongside that there were your age-appropriate prohibitions against sex, alcohol, and other adult activity which should not be considered in the debate regarding circumcision.

but keep in mind I am not saying that this is still a reason today for the practice, just that this may have been one of the contributing factors to the practice originally taking hold among gentiles in the U.S.
    You are simply conflating two separate issues, the pathology of the penis and moral dilemma specific to certain doctors/sects.

Yes, there was some overlap with Christian doctors, but keep in mind Jewish doctors/mohels didn't perform circumcision for that reason, and US circumcision pioneers like Sayre weren't interested in circumcision for that reason.

Much like today the Religious Right likes to co-opt certain medical issues (abortion, birth control etc) but always remember the scientific, secular debate stands alone.

Sayre's work led to US circumcision, and it was about morbidity/health stats, not whacking off.

Because of course at the end of the day, circumcision does absolutely nothing to lessen or prevent masturbation, as any circumcised man could tell you.

The idea that all those circumcised Jewish men never masturbated is as absurd as the foreskin itself.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 11/27/2011 1:47pm at .

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    11/27/2011 1:48pm

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or the short challenge version:

Go find me a real source that clearly shows that the reason US Gentiles circumcise is because cut Jewish men never masturbated.

DO IT.

Posted On:
    11/27/2011 2:07pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphilis View Post
    uncut and the American girls love it.

Just sayin'
    Cut. And when I was in Europe, the German and French girls certainly dug it.

Posted On:
    11/27/2011 5:27pm

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MovableBookLady View Post
    But I do love the word "smegma" -- it's just so so interesting to say. Wouldn't want you to have it, though.
    I'm pretty sure you can fry it up. Like the male equivalent of frying and eating the placenta after birth.

Don't take my word for that though. After all, I also believe that every fourth potato is a rabbit's egg.

(uncut ftr)

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Posted On:
    11/27/2011 6:05pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Or the short challenge version:

Go find me a real source that clearly shows that the reason US Gentiles circumcise is because cut Jewish men never masturbated.

[SIZE=7]DO IT.
    Pertinence, your honour! This man, W. Rabbit, is deliberately wasting the courts time.

And ignorami, mate, that is the wrongest **** I have read of yours in the past fifteen minutes.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2011 9:23pm

Style: eclectic kung fu some BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Me, cut.

My son, uncut.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789