222194 Bullies, 3674 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 88
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. FinalLegion is online now
    FinalLegion's Avatar

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    655

    Posted On:
    11/22/2011 12:20am

    supporting member
     Style: Shotokan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    I'm chopped, but I don't know what i'll do if I have a son. The only REAL reason I can see for circumcision is religious beliefs, what FinalLegion said does raise an eyebrow i'll have to do my own research and see how common it is.

    The problem I have with many debates is the only real reason in favor or against them is religious belief.

    Examples- abortion, gay marriage, abstinence only sex education vs real education, and now circumcision.
    I look at it this way: if the parents, for whatever reasons, believe they are acting in the best interests of the child, that's all that matters, when it comes down to deciding either way.

    Since circumcision is not a 'mutilation' and is not known, as far as I am aware based on what my doctors have told me, to cause any sort of harm, I fail to see the big debate.

    It's not like the parents are trying to enforce some radical physical alteration upon their child.
  2. battlefields is offline
    battlefields's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,220

    Posted On:
    11/22/2011 3:03am

    forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're fucking kidding me, right? No harm? Have you witnessed a circumcision? Have you seen botched circumcisions? Probably not, it isn't something your pro circ doc would willingly show. You do understand it is a surgical procedure right? And that has risks, no matter how "simple" the procedure. Read a book called As Nature Made Him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

    You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
  3. FinalLegion is online now
    FinalLegion's Avatar

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    655

    Posted On:
    11/22/2011 3:22am

    supporting member
     Style: Shotokan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    You're fucking kidding me, right? No harm? Have you witnessed a circumcision? Have you seen botched circumcisions? Probably not, it isn't something your pro circ doc would willingly show. You do understand it is a surgical procedure right? And that has risks, no matter how "simple" the procedure. Read a book called As Nature Made Him.
    Gee, it's a surgical procedure? I had no idea. I thought the doctor just waved his wand over the littler pecker and poof!

    Really, that's your defense? ANY surgical procedure can go wrong or get botched, so your point is moot.

    Give me some hard stats on how often a circumcision is botched. If the number is alarmingly high, then, as before, I'll reconsider my position. So far, all you're giving me as an emotive argument, which just doesn't help your case. Citing the David Reimer incident is merely pandering to the extreme.
  4. battlefields is offline
    battlefields's Avatar

    Moderator

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,220

    Posted On:
    11/22/2011 5:33am

    forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol, emotive? You are amusing. Small risk of infection later in life vs small risk of infection during surgery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

    You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
  5. Uglybugly is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    676

    Posted On:
    11/22/2011 6:03am


     Style: judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why does americans get cut? I am not looking for pros or cons here but I would like to know why this "practice" was started in America?
  6. CNagy is offline
    CNagy's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    982

    Posted On:
    11/22/2011 6:59am


     Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My father thought it was religious influence in the medical profession (or, to put it bluntly, "all the Jewish doctors.") I'm uncut, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
  7. Middlefinger is offline
    Middlefinger's Avatar

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Victoria, B.C.
    Posts
    517

    Posted On:
    11/22/2011 7:33am

    supporting member
     Style: none

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sorry that your parents didn't give a **** about your cocks appearance. Mine constantly get high-fives for not being complacent, anti-semitic hippy faggots, though.
    .
  8. Tom .C is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,127

    Posted On:
    11/22/2011 7:50am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some doctors work for tips.
  9. Pharabus is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    443

    Posted On:
    11/22/2011 7:55am


     Style: Kali

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My wife is a Filipina and when we had our son, was insistant we get him cut, I'm not cut as most UK guys aren't and it really disturbed me doing it but seriously, you can't win in that kind of cultural argument (all his pinsan (cousins) will call him saput!!)

    The practice started due to hygiene (and was genuinely a good idea back then, no clean water, lack of knowledge etc) there are a few medical coditions that require it these days (my brother was cut at about the age of 3 or 4 due to it) but currently it is mostly a cultural/religeous hangover from days of poor hygiene knowledge

    P
  10. battheo is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Channel Islands
    Posts
    188

    Posted On:
    11/22/2011 8:14am


     Style: Quanfa

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice thread BF.

    I'm a proudly uncut man just a year or two shy of thirty, and I agree with literally every fucking thing Battlefields said. There is no reason for it. Health issues are so rare and / or unsubstantiated that it's a fucking useless reason.

    And as for the aesthetic debate: GROW THE **** UP! I mean, everyone on my little island has loads of tribal tats, and they're pretty popular with the girls, but I'm sure as **** NOT gonna get my boy tat sleeves as a baby! Anyone who subscribes to the fact that circumcision should be done for 'aesthetic' reasons should be taken out in front of a wall and shot dead before they try to gas all the jews.

    Mutilation. A lot of people subscribe to the belief that circumcision is not a form of mutilation. Above, someone posted a definition of mutilation that included as part of it the making of something 'imperfect'. Now, I know that this next bit is going to raise the ire of anyone that's cut here, but a circumcised penis IS an imperfect one. As a tool for experiencing sexual pleasure, the penis is made fine. Circumcision causes a loss of sensation that can ONLY BE DESCRIBED as mutilation! It's an unfortunate term, because it carries a lot of semantic baggage, but the undeniable fact is that a circumcised dick is one less able to perform fully in one important capacity: gratification.

    As BF said, if I were to do something to a female child that would reduce the sexual pleasure she'd feel as an adult, I would be rightly ostracised. Double standards, anyone?

    Personally, I think we should all stretch our foreskins so that, with the addition of a piece of string, we can use them as handy inbuilt carry all's. You know, like women do with their vaginas. Rumpleforskin could become a term of respect for particularly gifted individuals in the foreskin department.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.