Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by much love

ask JW if you can come train w/him

you won't be disappointed
    lol

1. Haven't you noticed my location. I'm sure JW's great and all but the commute is a bit much.

2. You haven't met MY teacher yet. ;)

3. As a formal disciple it would be inappropriate to simply "ask JW". I would need to either first get permission from my own teacher or possibly establish some kind of lineage relationship between JW and myself. He has reffered to Adam Hsu as his longfist brother and Hsu Shifu is my Baji uncle so maybe that would serve. Otherwise it would real bad manners on my part to as JW if I can train with him.

I'm sure attending one of his seminars or meeting informally would be ok thought. :D
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/24/2004 11:37am

Style: japanese jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

there's two sides to every story

Originally posted by Meat Shake
    [John Wang avoids other forums because he doesnt like piss wars. He posted over on KFO for a couple of days, but all of the blathering idiots drove him away. If you have any questions as to John Wangs skill, go to austin and find out for yourself.
    John Wang is undoubtedly very skilled. He's also dogmatic, delusional*, and divisive.

In the past, I've seen him post numerous poorly-informed opinions on systems (primarily Japanese ones, but I've seen him spew nonsense about Chinese internal systems as well; people on EF seemed to have finally tired of his broadsides). When people call him on this, he never responds. This isn't the actions of someone who wants to have a rational discussion.

WRT his posts at KFO, the people who "chased him away" are damn reasonable people with a broader perspective than SC uber alles.

*while I have many favorite posts of his, my personal favorite involves (para. since it's from memory), "judo throw resisting not fully developed." Yeah, his guys oughta be shoo-ins for the Olympic team then. With their "throw resistance," the mere additions of sutemiwaza and newaza oughtn't matter.
    Last edited by fragbot; 5/24/2004 11:53am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/24/2004 3:59pm

Style: Iron Chef

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JW is also very sarcastic... If you cant take it with a grain of salt you will hate him. What you are saying is about as relevant as when he was posting about how "Us SC guys train biting all the time. First stage of biting - you train at home. Bite yourself as hard as you can. 2nd level biting training - bite your dog before he can bite you. 3rd level biting training - train biting with lions and tigers at the zoo."
    Or how about on aikido "You can see in the spirit world and talk to god. Your god sucks, find a new one."
    Its sarcasm dude. The man puts ideas out there so you have to sift through the **** to find the gems.
    But how is any of this relevant to his knowledge of his own system or his skill? Its not. You just dont like the man for who he is.
    And one more thing.. .If you think its "All about SC" then you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. The same John Wang at the last seminar I was at said, "If it can be used in fighting, learn it." in regards to training across styles.
    Yeah, sounds very much like a closed minded person.
    Or how about "A man with Baji power, praying mantis hands, and shuai chiao throws can handle himself well." Hes more partial to chinese systems, and horribly sarcastic, but that is neither here nor there. Hes skilled, and teaches good material.
    Last edited by Meat Shake; 5/24/2004 4:03pm at .

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    5/24/2004 6:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: there's two sides to every story

Originally posted by fragbot WRT his posts at KFO, the people who "chased him away" are damn reasonable people with a broader perspective than SC uber alles.
    [/B]
    The 'uber alles' is one of my favorite things about him. Even when I disagree with people I still tend to really admire that kind of strength of convitions and more importantly, the obvious love he has for his art. It's my favorite thing about Asia too.

BAJI ! ! !

And just as I posted at emptyflower, I'll say it here too. It's ironic he gets labeled the way he does as one of the things "the emptyflower guys" get on him about is his insistance that there's nothing special about internal arts and that he doesn't belive 'qi' is relevent to MA training.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234