Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 9:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Say what you want about Christians, but they were great entertainment value in Roman times.
    Yup! We be the smiters now instead of the smitten. Everyone else who is not a member of my very narrow brand of Christian, are heathens and open to being smitten. Take that you Baptist heathens.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 9:52pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Say what you want about Christians, but they were great entertainment value in Roman times.
    The entire history of Christianity, from Pontius Pilate to Mussolini, is pretty much a story of Italians beating up Jews.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 9:56pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Source please.

Right, so saluting, say, a flag is obviously not an option for true Christians.

The hypocrisy is so delicious.
    For source, do you want Bible quotes?

How is saluting a flag hypocracy? I don't beleive it hypocracy, although there are Christians that don't believe in doing it. They believe they're part of the Kingdom of God and not of a Kingdom on earth.

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 10:05pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm actually exploring a concept for a song that came to me the other night while watching a musician friend of mine singing about him being the Anti-Christ. My girlfriend said to me she wants me to wear one of his Anti-Christ shirts and I said no, I didn't feel comfortable. I'm not Christian, but I am certainly not going to be "anti-" someone who preached peace, love, unity and respect.

The line I was going to write before the Lulz took over was the one I will develop into a song: Say what you want about Christians, at least they have the courage of their convictions.

It won't be about Christians, it'll be about people talking about how real they are and how fake everyone else is, about how we are all so focussed on what everyone else is doing, we neglect ourselves, our happiness. It'll be about how we concentrate on how shitty a hand we've been dealt in the past instead of looking at the Royal Flush in our hands at the moment.

It will be about having beliefs you back no matter what, but also about having tolerance.

You can form an orderly queue around the corner, but remember, I only need twelve disciples.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 10:17pm

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorekara View Post
    For source, do you want Bible quotes?
    AS if you had more than one source....ha ha ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorekara View Post
    How is saluting a flag hypocracy? I don't beleive it hypocracy, although there are Christians that don't believe in doing it. They believe they're part of the Kingdom of God and not of a Kingdom on earth.
    The hypo-christians who won't salute their style ancestors or think Lion Dance is evil will easily salute or honor a flag and not think twice.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 10:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Source please.

Right, so saluting, say, a flag is obviously not an option for true Christians.

The hypocrisy is so delicious.
    Well, here's a sample passage from the Bible:

Judges 2:12:And they forsook the LORD God of their fathers, which brought them out of the land of Egypt, and followed other gods, of the gods of the people that were round about them, and bowed themselves unto them, and provoked the LORD to anger.

And this sums things up:
    http://carm.org/christianity/devotio...ity-intolerant

In essence, Christians tolerate the existence of those people who worship 'false gods', i.e., non-Christians but they are intolerant of their beliefs and practices.

That's what makes the whole Slo-Flo thing such a riot. Silly Christians is one of my favorite brands of comedy.

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 10:20pm

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalLegion View Post
    Well, here's a sample passage from the Bible:

Judges 2:12:And they forsook the LORD God of their fathers, which brought them out of the land of Egypt, and followed other gods, of the gods of the people that were round about them, and bowed themselves unto them, and provoked the LORD to anger.

And this sums things up:
    http://carm.org/christianity/devotio...ity-intolerant

In essence, Christians tolerate the existence of those people who worship 'false gods', i.e., non-Christians but they are intolerant of their beliefs and practices.

That's what makes the whole Slo-Flo thing such a riot. Silly Christians is one of my favorite brands of comedy.
    What a crock of ****.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 10:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm actually exploring a concept for a song that came to me the other night while watching a musician friend of mine singing about him being the Anti-Christ. My girlfriend said to me she wants me to wear one of his Anti-Christ shirts and I said no, I didn't feel comfortable. I'm not Christian, but I am certainly not going to be "anti-" someone who preached peace, love, unity and respect.

The line I was going to write before the Lulz took over was the one I will develop into a song: Say what you want about Christians, at least they have the courage of their convictions.

It won't be about Christians, it'll be about people talking about how real they are and how fake everyone else is, about how we are all so focussed on what everyone else is doing, we neglect ourselves, our happiness. It'll be about how we concentrate on how shitty a hand we've been dealt in the past instead of looking at the Royal Flush in our hands at the moment.

It will be about having beliefs you back no matter what, but also about having tolerance.

You can form an orderly queue around the corner, but remember, I only need twelve disciples.
    You realize that the person whom you say was all about love, peace and unity is the same person who said, "I am come not to send peace, but a sword", who said he would purposely divide people, especially those who would follow and obey him and those who wouldn't, said if a man looks at woman with lust, he's an adulterer, seems to be okay with sending most people to Hell and is fine with the OT laws, right?

In order to see Jesus as someone who sought to bring to peace, love and unity, you'd have to remove 'God' and Christian ideology from his precepts. This is not just an indictment against, Jesus, though...it's the same with many religious figures.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 10:31pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What a crock of ****.
    I agree. Christianity flip-flops so much between 'we love you and tolerate you' and 'we can't stand you and won't tolerate you' that it makes you dizzy just to think about it.

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 10:39pm

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalLegion View Post
    I agree. Christianity flip-flops so much between 'we love you and tolerate you' and 'we can't stand you and won't tolerate you' that it makes you dizzy just to think about it.
    Not Christianity so much as certain types of Christian. Christianity encompasses a hell of a lot of different belief systems.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast