Sponsored Links Spacer Image

heaven sent and hell bent but weapons clenched and well kept

Posted On:
    12/08/2011 5:01pm

supporting member
     Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd like to take a moment....if I may....to counter with a couple of perfectly reasonable British peace officers being filmed in protest and laughing it off.

Why the hell not, it's not like police are all baddies who just spend their day waiting for an excuse to beat civilians, right?

Right?

The one not driving seems to be a fairly high ranking officer.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 12/08/2011 5:05pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2011 6:02pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgeous George View Post
    Ah, right: logistical support, plus lying to those the police were persecuting - and their lawyers (which is like, against the law...?) - is a whole 'nother ball-game.

Then there is the suspicion that he 'went rogue' - hence, would have been agitating for illegal action.
    As that link says: there are a shitload of enquiries into this, still pending; and the police are known to be corrupt, and untrustworthy - so who's to say if we'll ever know the truth about this case, or any others?

'Snatch and grab squads'; dragging cripples from their wheelchairs...

...but 'militant agent provocateurs'?!
    That's just beyond belief! - Take the tin-foil hat off your head, Adolf!
    "Snatch and grab squads" LOL@drama
    What you mean is someone was arrested in broad daylight, shocking,just shocking!

As for the "cripple" as you refer to him, his name is Jody Mcintyre, he has cerebal palsy and can walk for limited periods of time but requires the wheel chair for longer journey's, He is also a well known journalist and political activist who has been around the world written articles for several national newspapers, all this so aptly summed up in YOUR use of the the word "cripple".

http://philtaylor.org.uk/2010/12/jod...e-whole-story/

No question this could have been done better rather than pulling him from the chair they should have moved his brother back and then pushed him in his chair to the pavement. but then I imagine the headline would read "POLICE TAKE AWAY CHOICE OF DISABLED MAN TO GO WHERE HE WANTS". Bottom line he was involved in a protest, refused to move from the road when requested and was then moved, not in a particularly dignified way but then I doubt he was being very dignified or compliant with the officers. (difficult to tell as grainy vid). The officers did not continue to use force after Mr Mcintyre was removed from the road way.

As for militant agent povocateurs, not beyond belief but unlikely
    Last edited by madmonkey; 12/08/2011 6:04pm at . Reason: mistake

Posted On:
    12/08/2011 6:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice thighs.

(in Rabbit's clip)

Posted On:
    12/08/2011 7:06pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Our world has gone to ****. Time for revolution. Thank God I wore clean underwear. Revolution would suck with dirty underwear.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2011 11:35pm

Style: Aikido; BJJ.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by madmonkey View Post
    "Snatch and grab squads" LOL@drama
    What you mean is someone was arrested in broad daylight, shocking,just shocking!

As for the "cripple" as you refer to him, his name is Jody Mcintyre, he has cerebal palsy and can walk for limited periods of time but requires the wheel chair for longer journey's, He is also a well known journalist and political activist who has been around the world written articles for several national newspapers, all this so aptly summed up in YOUR use of the the word "cripple".

http://philtaylor.org.uk/2010/12/jod...e-whole-story/

No question this could have been done better rather than pulling him from the chair they should have moved his brother back and then pushed him in his chair to the pavement. but then I imagine the headline would read "POLICE TAKE AWAY CHOICE OF DISABLED MAN TO GO WHERE HE WANTS". Bottom line he was involved in a protest, refused to move from the road when requested and was then moved, not in a particularly dignified way but then I doubt he was being very dignified or compliant with the officers. (difficult to tell as grainy vid). The officers did not continue to use force after Mr Mcintyre was removed from the road way.

As for militant agent povocateurs, not beyond belief but unlikely
    Haha. Yes: I was dramatic...

1. I know who 'the cripple' is, genius, as I posted the link to the video of him being demeaned; and 2. It was said facetiously.
    But don't let facts dictate your response: you love drama, it seems; just fly off the handle - throw caution to the wind.

Never shall any person say such a thing as 'millions were killed in the holocaust': they weren't 'millions' - they were writers; they were fathers, and mothers who had conceived and birthed children in some fashion we should be informed of; waiters who had served styles of food, and worn clothes; there were probably rapists, too - and we shall never try to 'sum up' this event, and denigrate reality by omitting any single fact of what events had occurred in their lives!!1!

NB: it's 'journeys' - not 'journey's'.

So your point of view on the 'dragging from the wheelchair' is that it was probably regarded as the lesser of two evils: it was either that - or risk press outrage by leaving him in his wheelchair, and moving him to the pavement?
    Really...?

The recent revelation that there has been a racketeering group bribing the police force, and targeting members of the government, as well as the aforementioned case of Mark Kennedy, gives all fair-minded people pause for thought before making definitive judgments about what the police are doing (besides working for Rupert Murdoch's newspapers).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2011 3:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

1. I know who 'the cripple' is, genius, as I posted the link to the video of him being demeaned; and 2. It was said facetiously.
    But don't let facts dictate your response: you love drama, it seems; just fly off the handle - throw caution to the wind.

Never shall any person say such a thing as 'millions were killed in the holocaust': they weren't 'millions' - they were writers; they were fathers, and mothers who had conceived and birthed children in some fashion we should be informed of; waiters who had served styles of food, and worn clothes; there were probably rapists, too - and we shall never try to 'sum up' this event, and denigrate reality by omitting any single fact of what events had occurred in their lives!!1!

So your point of view on the 'dragging from the wheelchair' is that it was probably regarded as the lesser of two evils: it was either that - or risk press outrage by leaving him in his wheelchair, and moving him to the pavement?
    Really...?

The recent revelation that there has been a racketeering group bribing the police force, and targeting members of the government, as well as the aforementioned case of Mark Kennedy, gives all fair-minded people pause for thought before making definitive judgments about what the police are doing (besides working for Rupert Murdoch's newspapers).
    Hahahaha LMFAO

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/09/2011 5:27pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm just going to leave this video here and get back to you guys later:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 2:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Just for clarification this was the bit I found funny, not quite sure what your point was in this second paragraph but it sure was funny to read it.

Thanks for correcting my grammar, it really validates all your points and makes me seem really stupid

NB. "lives!!1!" I think you meant to say "lives!!!!" but even then it should really be "lives!" to be grammatically correct if that's what floats your boat.

Really...?
    No my point was that Mr. Mcintyre was at a protest that became violent in places. He and his brother placed themselves in the middle of the road where police horses were present and the police wanted to keep the road way clear.

At a guess he and his brother refused to move (and yes there is an offence for obstructing a public highway) and the officer made a choice to move Mcintyre using force.
    Did he use excessive force? debatable depending on how much resistance Mcintyre put up which is hard to tell from a grainy vid(eg dropping his body weight).
    Did the officer cease using force as soon as he had moved Mcintyre out of the road? Yes.
    Would it have been better to just push the wheelchair?yes,

This is your one valid point and you make this poorly. If are this shocked that these practices have occurred then you are extremely naive. Corruption in all organisations has always existed and will always exist to some degree but before decrying that corruption is rampant in the police bear in mind only 5 met officers out of 30000 are being taken to court for receiving bribes from the press.

Posted On:
    9/27/2012 5:44am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Update:

University officials in California have agreed to pay $1 million to settle a lawsuit over a pepper-spraying incident last year that came to symbolize law enforcement aggression against anti-Wall Street protesters, attorneys said on Wednesday.

Video of the confrontation, which showed seated student protesters being pepper-sprayed by campus police at the University of California campus at Davis, was replayed widely on television and the Internet, sparking outrage among faculty and activists.

Under the terms of the settlement filed in court on Wednesday, each of the 21 students and recent graduates from the campus who sued University of California regents over the November 2011 incident will get $30,000 and a personal apology from UC Davis Chancellor Linda Katehi. The deal also includes $250,000 for plaintiffs' attorney fees
    Read more: http://times247.com/articles/u-of-ca...#ixzz27fKYpKL3

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    10/04/2012 3:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Will that mean that the jerks who caused this get punished, or is this the perpetrators buying themselves out?
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 303637383940 41 LastLast