Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/06/2011 1:48am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: goju

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thought i'd put it here for those of us that don't click links.
    I'm not a LEO lover per se, but it seems like the cops have to give the protesters what they want or physically move them. Seems to be little else that can happen there. Wether or not the LEO's should be there in the first place I feel is irrelevant to the spraying.

Posted On:
    12/06/2011 2:11am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find it hard to believe the comments were written by someone who was there as at :43 the group is mis-identified as an "Occupy" protest.
    The UC incident was over tuition hikes as has been pointed out already.
    One could pretty safely assume that most of them had already paid tuition of some sort to be on campus as well, giving them a bit more of a right to be there than the Occupy camps, imo.

According to this, posted earlier:
    The LEO levels are:
    1. Officer Presence
    2. Verbal Commands
    3. Soft Empty Hand Control (Which is About the Only Time Wrist Locks and Pressure Points have value)
    4. Hard Empty Hand Control (Strikes to Non Vital Areas)
    5. Less Lethal Tools (Tear Gas, Baton, Taser, etc)
    6. Deadly Force (defined as anything that can kill OR DO SERIOUS INJURY; everything from the good old right cross to the jaw to the step over toe hold is Deadly Force, in a court of law)
    ...it appears the officers skipped 3 and 4, and considering it was a line of skinny college kids public opinion seems to be that perhaps 3 (or even 4) would have been a better step.
    I guess in hindsight, without all of the facts and while speculating on many variables, i am somewhat in agreement.
    Blocking in a group of police officers is pretty stupid however.

Posted On:
    12/07/2011 10:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kenkojuku Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey184 View Post
    Perhaps people should call for help from a pissed off, skinny, college kid the next time they are inconvenienced by a pan-handler, crack-head, or armed thief.
    So basically what you're saying boils down to: unless people allow the police to abuse citizens peacefully protesting you won't come help them against real criminals? Good to know.

P.S. LOL, panhandler. Phil Elmore is that you? Yeah I'm always calling cops to save me from panhandlers. "Omg, 911, help me, this guy is squeegieing my car window and he just won't stop!"

Posted On:
    12/07/2011 11:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    So basically what you're saying boils down to: unless people allow the police to abuse citizens peacefully protesting you won't come help them against real criminals? Good to know.
    Sounds like extortion, isn't it?

Posted On:
    12/07/2011 11:26am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    Sounds like extortion, isn't it?
    <gangster voice>
    "Nice little protest you got goin' here ... shame if something were to happen to it ..."
    </gangster voice>

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2011 11:53am

Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by madmonkey View Post
    So you are quoting an article which refers to a protest in the cold war era when your government was openly hunting any one with communist influence in a different city involving a department (the red squad) that had most of its activities quashed in court in 1985).

This article then compares this to OLA protests which itself admits have only had 4 arrests and have been far more peaceful than NY protests and other places and the only agent provocateur who has been positively identified is the editor of a newspaper and thats because he outed himself.

As I said before paranoia. I
    Just believe what has been admited by the authorities and don't question the offical line in any why, unless you want to be seen as ... paranoid! Uhhhhh ...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...fore-raid.html

By now, there have been slightly more arrests.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2011 3:14pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wrapper View Post
    Just believe what has been admited by the authorities and don't question the offical line in any why, unless you want to be seen as ... paranoid! Uhhhhh ...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...fore-raid.html

By now, there have been slightly more arrests.
    I never said "Don't question the government". Everyone lies, its a primary facet of being human. Hardly shocking that the police had undercover agents infact this has already been mentioned in a thread on here, it was either this one or the "ten ways the occuppy protest..." one.

I was merely pointing out that your comparison was an extreme one and a poorly made one considering by the majority of the media coverage the 200 arrests were still more peaceful than in NY and were again due to people breaking the law. Again this episode hardly compares with the historic one you mentioned

I live in the UK so I cannot access any other reports than are available on the internet. Here's one from the left wing UK paper the Guardian. They are the first to report on any police injustices both national and international, yet this article doesn't mention militant agent provocateurs working for the police.

This again makes me think that your initial post was paronoid.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...evicted-police

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2011 6:17pm

Style: Aikido; BJJ.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    'How many more inquiries
    will there be into the
    undercover infiltration?

Twelve inquiries have so far been set up
    since the revelations about police spy Mark
    Kennedy emerged

So now we have got into double figures - the
    number of inquiries into undercover policing of
    protest groups has climbed to 12.
    It's hard to keep track of all of them, so we thought that it would be useful to list them. We will update this list if or when more are announced.'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/underco...cers-inquiries

Er...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2011 3:39am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgeous George View Post
    'How many more inquiries
    will there be into the
    undercover infiltration?

Twelve inquiries have so far been set up
    since the revelations about police spy Mark
    Kennedy emerged

So now we have got into double figures - the
    number of inquiries into undercover policing of
    protest groups has climbed to 12.
    It's hard to keep track of all of them, so we thought that it would be useful to list them. We will update this list if or when more are announced.'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/underco...cers-inquiries

Er...
    And yet if you watch the documentary of him on channel 4 you would notice that Mark Kennedy did not suggest violent protest he just provided logistical support and then sold them out, he wasn't calling for them to fight the police with violence.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2011 3:45pm

Style: Aikido; BJJ.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by madmonkey View Post
    And yet if you watch the documentary of him on channel 4 you would notice that Mark Kennedy did not suggest violent protest he just provided logistical support and then sold them out, he wasn't calling for them to fight the police with violence.
    Ah, right: logistical support, plus lying to those the police were persecuting - and their lawyers (which is like, against the law...?) - is a whole 'nother ball-game.

Then there is the suspicion that he 'went rogue' - hence, would have been agitating for illegal action.
    As that link says: there are a shitload of enquiries into this, still pending; and the police are known to be corrupt, and untrustworthy - so who's to say if we'll ever know the truth about this case, or any others?

'Snatch and grab squads'; dragging cripples from their wheelchairs...

...but 'militant agent provocateurs'?!
    That's just beyond belief! - Take the tin-foil hat off your head, Adolf!