Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 202627282930 3132333440 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2011 4:17pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess I'm behind the times, did I break another unwritten rule of some kind with word usage?

Yes, I do know what ignorance means however, I am not clear on how I am being ignorant.

DCS, I am sorry I was speaking of the natural rights of a human being, and was not making any reference to a United Nations ruling. Thank you, however, for pointing this out to me. In an attempt to answer your question...The question is reasonableness. Is is reasonable for the police to attempt to disperse the crowd with OC spray? Sure. In the way that he did it, maybe not. On the contrary, is it reasonable to park your ass in the middle of a sidewalk and deny access to everyone else? No.
    Last edited by TexJohn; 11/27/2011 4:25pm at . Reason: Clarification

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/27/2011 4:19pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TexJohn View Post
    I guess I'm behind the times, did I break another unwritten rule of some kind?
    You're not behind the times, you're an idiot. There's a difference.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/27/2011 4:22pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess I'm behind the times, did I break another unwritten rule of some kind?
    I always like the "unwritten rule" excuse when people disagree with what is being said. What rules have you broken that were unwritten? You mean the ones you missed or didn't read?

I see no rules being broken.

My issues is with people on both sides using "trigger" words.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2011 4:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was not attempting to use "trigger words" in anything. I was trying to express a point. The "unwritten rules" that I speak of are the ones that seem to piss off moderators (it was a failed attempt at humor).

Seriously Omega? I'm not an idiot, man. Just getting into the discussion.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/27/2011 4:32pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was not attempting to use "trigger words" in anything.
    Belligerent for sitting on the sidewalk? Yeah, that's just like Jazzman trying to ask a question using the word abusive.

Belligerent and abusive are descriptors that carry weight. If I say Omega was being argumentative people are like "oh.." If I said he was being belligerent....... or abusive, yes an entirely different connotation is added to the point being made.
    The "unwritten rules" that I speak of are the ones that seem to piss off moderators (it was a failed attempt at humor).
    You said another so, it is an issue with you. I asked which ones so you could be informed of where they are located.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2011 4:40pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Texjohn don't sweat it while there is some debate of merit on this thread there is an awful amount of sensationalist tabloid logic.

Hence why I bothered posting in the first place because I found the fascist references very offensive.

Whiterabbit is his usual contradictory self ranging from making considered balanced points to coming across like a twilight obsessed teenager

Omega is obviously so mentally exhausted by the fact that not everyone agrees with him that he has become almost monosyllabic in his responses

and while IIF may have his response setting permanently set on sarcasm even I agree on his last post regarding trigger words

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2011 4:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Belligerent and abusive are descriptors that carry weight. If I say Omega was being argumentative people are like "oh.." If I said he was being belligerent....... or abusive, yes an entirely different connotation is added to the point being made.
    Granted, it is probably a poor choice of a word on my part. However, I was simply trying to describe an action.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/27/2011 4:41pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was not attempting to use "trigger words" in anything. I was trying to express a point. The "unwritten rules" that I speak of are the ones that seem to piss off moderators (it was a failed attempt at humor).

Seriously Omega? I'm not an idiot, man. Just getting into the discussion.
    Yes, take a look at IIF's response.

On that note:
    Representing the minority? Absolutely! That is what is great about America, the minority still has a voice
    There are two types of minority. Get educated and get back to me.

...were preventing you from conducting you and others normal affairs by belligerently, yet non violently, refusing to leave what would you expect?
    Here's part of your ignorant statement since you're too lazy to figure it out yourself.

Granted, it is probably a poor choice of a word on my part. However, I was simply trying to describe an action.
    I'm trying to describe you. So was idiot the right word or would asshole suffice?

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/27/2011 4:43pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by madmonkey View Post

and while IIF may have his response setting permanently set on sarcasm even I agree on his last post regarding trigger words
    I'd rather have it on sarcasm than redundant like your browser. Sarcasm may be low brow, but it contains boring originality.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2011 4:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by madmonkey View Post
    Texjohn don't sweat it while there is some debate of merit on this thread there is an awful amount of sensationalist tabloid logic.
    I knew I was stepping off in something, but I never dreamed it was this! I'll be leaving shortly, I like a good argument, but wow...haha