Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 8:42am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok... I googled this last night. Looking for a response from UC Davis PD in regards to why they sprayed those folks. I found nothing. I'll check again though, have no fear.

That being said... Could it simply be a failed attempt of crowd dispersal after all other methods had been exhausted?

I'm curious to hear from you "non-L.E.O.'s" how you'd deal with the situation? Let it ride indefinitely? Cater to them? (Carrabba's, my personal favorite).

Not sure about UC Davis, but I've read/heard how much money is being spent dealing with the protesters. Perhaps people should protest that.

Oh yeah... 30-40 cops vs. a couple of hundred protesters? You guys know that there weren't just the dozen or so protesters, arms linked, and seated, that were there. Don't ya?
    Even the USMC "left the field of battle in precipitous haste" once.

Armchair policing at it's best. Pepper spray is mild compared to "back in the day" tactics.

Perhaps people should call for help from a pissed off, skinny, college kid the next time they are inconvenienced by a pan-handler, crack-head, or armed thief.

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 8:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    I just hope the rank and file police men and women start to wake up and smell the coffee. They are doing the dirty work, attacking thier fellow citizens, for what? To keep the fat cats in cream, thats what
    I'm not holding my breath.

@wizwar31
    Want to be a LEO? Start here:

SEEING BLUE: POLICE REFORM, OCCUPATIONAL CULTURE, AND COGNITIVE BURN-IN

The culture of the police service

I've posted more links somewhere. Give them a read.
    Last edited by DCS; 11/20/2011 9:10am at .

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 9:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalLegion View Post
    Do know the anime..it's actually quite good...and yes...am single.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    Jin Roh: The Wolf Brigade
    Quote Originally Posted by STB'A View Post
    what is it? i'm married and don't have to worry about impressing girls anymore.

QED. :problem:

Seriously, though, the entire KERBEROS PANZER CORPS saga is sublime, thoughtful B-movie entertainment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerbero...ase_chronology

While it partly acts as a endlessly darker mirror to Oshii's famous Patlabor, the series itself remains relevant because of the dystopian topics it touches.

Seriously, good stuff. Check it out if you can.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 11:21am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm divided on this one.

I don't support the protesters.
    I think people should obey the law or suffer the consequences.
    Part of me thinks that If they don't want to get sprayed then they should disperse when told to do so.
    The other part of me thinks that there are just too many fucking laws that the government can use to controll every aspect of our lives and frankly that scares me.

My uncle is a retired LEO and he had this to say.
    " There is a law against just about everything. It's not always enforced, but it's there when you need it"
    So it breaks down like this.

Freedom of speech??? Yes.
    Ah.. but now you're loitering and we got a law for that... pepper spray bitch.

Freedom of speech?? Yes.
    But now you're dancing at a monument..... pepper spray bitch.

At every turn you're breaking a lawl/rule that's enforceable at the whim of the powers that be... That's what's scary.

Ps. Pepper spray bitch.
    Not sure what rule you just broke. Covering my bases here..

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 11:48am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auszi View Post
    Looks like they are beating veterans again.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/vide...n-police-video
    "Protester and three-tour American veteran Kayvan Sabehgi was beaten by Oakland police during the Occupy protest's general strike on 2 November. Sabehgi, who was 'completely peaceful', according to witnesses, was left with a lacerated spleen."
    This is "standard police procedure?" Lt. Charles J. Kelly said "...after reviewing the video, that he saw "at least two cases of active resistance from protesters." In one instance a woman pulls her arm back from an officer. In the second instance, a protester curls into a ball. Each of those actions could have warranted more force, including baton strikes." Jawohl mien pig!
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 12:01pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me get this straight. We have peacefull protests/demonstrations. What is there to "deal" with. These people have an indea or an opinion they wish to express and do so peacefully. The end result is pepper and in some cases beatings?

So, the Westborrow Baptists get to protest, yell scream, insult and damn anyone they wish at anytime and WITH police support.

Something doesn't make sense.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 12:05pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are a **** ton of laws, and yes they do interfere with our privacy. I for one am in favor of a small government. That's not what I was trying to point out though.

What laws are they breaking? Probably some local ordnance, maybe some state law. I doubt they are in violation of any federal laws. IF they were told to leave by the University president, or another person with the authority to grant or restrict access, and they refused to leave, then (in Ga.) they'd be in violation of your everyday average Criminal Trespass law. In which case the cops are called to handle a job that the property manager is incapable of doing him/her self. Not the job of government, but a job that can't be taken care of by a private citizen. IDK what measures were taken prior to the spraying though.

There is a pay-for site featuring grannies with blackened eyes, bloody noses, and ball gags btw.

Police are for the protection of life, liberty, and property, and for the enforcement of existing laws... local, state, and federal. I guess that means we are both the muscle for the government, and for the people. If the mayor of the city of Atlanta wants the Occutards out of a city park, he sure as hell isn't going to go do it himself. He sends the cops. If Joe citizen discovers a person in their home (trespassing), Joe calls the cops to have the intruder removed.

Now I'm not saying that there aren't a handful of people out there with enough sack to handle the removal themselves, but by and large, the cops are called to handle it.

Pepper spray sucks bad btw. We all have to sample it before we carry it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 12:14pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Baptists are there, I assume, only for the duration of the event that they are protesting. Then they go home.

Please do not confuse SUPPORT with PROTECTION. What do you think would have happened if angry anti-occupy folks start stomping on the demonstrators? They'd have protection as well for as long as the property owner was willing to endure their occupancy.

If they were better organized, they'd have arranged with a sympathizing private property owner, and congregated there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 12:25pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahem.... I've only heard about that site.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 12:32pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I swear... You people.

I should've been a fucking fireman.
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast