Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2011 1:49pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PerseusStoned View Post
    The article states that you should do those until you can get 2x50 on each as an "injury ward". Will accomplishing that really do much for weight-lifters (as opposed to your standard 5 compounds)?
    I would stand behind the l-flyes helping the rotator cuffs a lot. I do them several times a week and haven't had any RC problems in a while. Last night I benched 315 for 8 reps, then 275 for 12. I couldn't do this without pain about a year ago.

I also do pressups for my lower back and have kept my herniated disks/sciatica at bay.

Very light weight/high rep stuff, and it helps a weightlifter who lifts heavy. I might try that knee thing too, and see if it helps my old knees.

Posted On:
    11/22/2011 9:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PerseusStoned View Post
    Speaking of that article, this is BS right?
    Spoiler:

I am not qualified to have an opinion on them. I said much the same thing to someone who's been around weights a while whose opinion I trust. He said that those are actually good as pre-hab work. I do more targeted prehab/general S&C, and I don't remember the exact reasoning, but I don't write them off.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2011 3:40am

Style: Judo/Roadwork

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry to bring this thread out of it's fortnight of slumber, but I'm interested in those prehab-excercises (lower back pain for some months now) and can't seem to find good info on how often one should do them. Daily? Any advice/opinions?

Regards,
    Lars

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    12/06/2011 1:30am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Depends on what you are trying to achieve. If you are just trying to maintain a healthy muscle balance, fit them into your routine with other exercises that work the same area. If you are trying to rehab an injury, say for instance a rotator cuff, hit that **** everyday but with a light intesity.

I try and do planks every workout.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2011 3:30am

Style: Judo/Roadwork

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elipson View Post
    Depends on what you are trying to achieve. If you are just trying to maintain a healthy muscle balance, fit them into your routine with other exercises that work the same area. If you are trying to rehab an injury, say for instance a rotator cuff, hit that **** everyday but with a light intesity.

I try and do planks every workout.
    Thanks elipson - I've been doing planks semi-regularly in connection with SL5x5. At the moment I'm not sure wether it's the same old back pain I've had for a while or if it's soreness after yesterdays lifting. Bloody annoying - reckon I'll have to pay the doctor a visit soon-ish.

Regards,
    Lars
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12