Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2011 5:06pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    This guy had the r3al chun going.

I wonder how the different states regard attacking someone's eyes, in terms of criminal charges? Google fu ahoy.
    My sources say states don't like it.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    12/09/2011 6:28pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys have all missed the obvious answer here. The eye gouger was, in fact, a ninja. The whole "wrestler interested in BJJ" thing was merely a smokescreen designed to drop your guard to leave you open for the finishing strike.
    That's why ninjas are so deadly, you never know who might be one!

Posted On:
    12/10/2011 3:16am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    Attachment 12879

I got eyegouged last night. Which is proof I probably have shittier weekends than you.

Like the mo by the way? it is for charity.
    Someone get you fixed up with 'I survived an eye gouge attack' tag!
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    12/10/2011 5:11am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff View Post
    Someone get you fixed up with 'I survived an eye gouge attack' tag!
    three times now. I got eye gouged again in training about three days later.

And I have had an attempted eye gouge by a zombie junkie thief.

Actually "I survived an eye gouge attack by a zombie junkie thief" would be kind of a cool tag.

I even have photos of the damage of that one. (Which is some little face scratches)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 5:56am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I copped an eye gouge rolling when my sweaty grip failed during an americana and the guys hand propelled into my face. I look at the ceiling when i try for shoulder locks now

:)

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 5:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    California:
    PENAL CODE

SECTION 203-206.1
    203. Every person who unlawfully and maliciously deprives a human being of a member of his body, or disables, disfigures, or renders it useless, or cuts or disables the tongue, or puts out an eye, or slits the nose, ear, or lip, is guilty of mayhem.
    204. Mayhem is punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for two, four, or eight years.
    205. A person is guilty of aggravated mayhem when he or she unlawfully, under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the physical or psychological well-being of another person, intentionally causes permanent disability or disfigurement of another human being or deprives a human being of a limb, organ, or member of his or her body. For purposes of this section, it is not necessary to prove an intent to kill. Aggravated mayhem is a felony punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for life with the possibility of parole.
    206. Every person who, with the intent to cause cruel or extreme pain and suffering for the purpose of revenge, extortion, persuasion, or for any sadistic purpose, inflicts great bodily injury as defined in Section 12022.7 upon the person of another, is guilty of torture. The crime of torture does not require any proof that the victim suffered pain.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 7:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Your_Majesty View Post
    Nearly no one eye gouges these days you would be unemployed.

What I am saying is that in most of the places in the world, there is a clear self-defense law and that eye gouges are not forbidden depending on the situation, specially if you do not actually gouge the full eye out and stomp at it. If you have enough control to to perform an armlock without breaking your opponent's arm in a normal training session you have enough control to put your finger in some other guy's eyes in a street fight without making him blind forever but giving you enough advantage to win.
    Are you fucking retarded? Where is your logic there? There is absolutely no logical link between the control necessary for an armlock and an eye gouge, which is most analogous to a strike.

Unless you're sitting on the guy's chest and gradually applying more pressure to his eyes there is absolutely no way in which you have full control over your eye gouge.

Plus, I don't know where you are, but in the UK if anything did happen to his sight, you have a straight up S.18 OAPA (Grievous Bodily Harm with intent) because you intentionally caused him serious harm, or intentionally put your fingers in his eyes knowing full well it would almost certainly lead to some pretty severe eye damage.

If you eye gouge and the guy doesn't have a serious size/weapon/numbers advantage over you, you better be ready to reap the consequences.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

:)

Posted On:
    12/12/2011 12:32am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the US, it seems fairly standard, from what I've seen so far. Maiming or Mayhem charges.

From what I'm seeing, on the various internets places to look, a charge of maiming or mayhem, assumes a charge of assault and battery. If you take an eye out, or impair it permanently you can beat that, and still be found guilty of a&b without being separately charged with it. Some of the emphasis mine.

http://books.google.com/books?pg=PA2...PQ&output=text
    Maiming—Mayhem.
    The word "maim" implies a permanent injury. Such is its eignification under a statute making it indictable to kill, maim or wound any cattle, and the same appears to be its generel legal meaning. At common law a maim, or mayhem, is such an injury as renders a man less able in fighting, to defend himself or annoy his adversary. Sec. 331., 1 Bishop Orim. Law, 4th edition, page 332. So the cutting off or disabling or weakning a man's hand or finger, striking out an eye or foretooth, castrating him or breaking his skull. Kelly's Crim. Law, Sec. 523, page 277.

Elements.
    Under a Massachusetts statute of 1805, it was held that the cutting off an ear is not a felony, for the reason that it did not deprive a person of his power of defense in fighting. Commonwealth v. Newell, 7 Mass., 245.

Verdict Of Lesser Offense.
    Where the defendant is charged with maiming or disfiguring, he may be acquitted of maiming, and found guilty of an assault, or an assault and battery, as every battery necessarily includes an assault; likewise every intentional disfiguring and maiming, under the law, includes a battery as well as an assault, and where the maiming or disfiguring is charged it is not necessary to charge an assault in order to justify the jury in finding a verdict for an assault, or an assault and battery, on the principle that the greater includes the lesser offense. Benham v. State, I Iowa, 542; McBride v. State 2 Eng., 374; Stewart v. State, 5 Hausser, 241; State v. Kennedy,! Blackf.,233; State v. Absence, 4 Porter, Ala., 397.

Evidence — Defense.
    Self defense can only be sustained by proof that the resistance was in proportion to the injury offered. Hayden v. State 4 Blackford, 546.
    So if someone's trying to tackle you, at least from what I've found thus far, and you thumb an eye causing permanent impairment (assuming you're caught), it would not be justified, in a simple fight.

I'm still researching, so I don't yet have a clear picture of the entire country, but I'll get there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2011 12:39am

Style: Youtube-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gentlemen, eye gouges are the least of your concerns.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=00g5a416rdU

Posted On:
    12/12/2011 12:44am

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beak The Halls View Post
    Gentlemen, eye gouges are the least of your concerns.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=00g5a416rdU
    Got 99 problems but a bitch ain't.... oh wait....
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast