Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 4:38pm

Style: BJJ and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, a couple of days was enough to make my anecdotal eye injury thread into a sweat law and order thread. If someone takes a swing at you hes trying to knock you out. Noone tries to punch someone in the head with the intent of not hurting you.Self defense, like boby said, is any amount of force it takes to protect your self. If someone swings at you and you knock him out without a weapon, then you are fine most of the time. If you knock him out and stomp him on the ground you are fucked all of the time. I have had four assault charges in the last five years ( only two conviction FTW) I know how to beat a rap.

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 5:29pm

Style: Aikido / FMA / Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm no lawyer, but if I was I'd look at my 30 years experience in court and say:

"eye gouge away chaps, I need a new car :-)"

When life gives you lemons... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

"what's the best thing about aikido then?"
    "To be defeated by your enemies, to be driven by them from the field of battle, and to hear the lamentations of your women." ermghoti

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 5:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignorami View Post
    I'm no lawyer, but if I was I'd look at my 30 years experience in court and say:

"eye gouge away chaps, I need a new car :-)"
    Nearly no one eye gouges these days you would be unemployed.

What I am saying is that in most of the places in the world, there is a clear self-defense law and that eye gouges are not forbidden depending on the situation, specially if you do not actually gouge the full eye out and stomp at it. If you have enough control to to perform an armlock without breaking your opponent's arm in a normal training session you have enough control to put your finger in some other guy's eyes in a street fight without making him blind forever but giving you enough advantage to win.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 5:34pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Your_Majesty View Post
    No, you are allowed to use the amount of force necessary to protect yourself without overdoing it. If you are trying to knock me out, knocking you out is acceptable. If you just got mad and swung at me without a real intent of causing a big warm to me, knocking you out is not acceptable.
    If you are in a situation where your life is at stake, breaking his arm or gouging his eye is not excessive force, unless you do could stop him without going so far. If your opponent is someone that you can clearly dominate without hurting him badly, kicking his head is too much. The amount of force you can use is dependent of the situation, and not of how much force is used against me, because if this were the case I would have to wait until you stabbed me to stab you back.

Anyway, from eye gouging to just poking you can control the amount of damage you do to the opponent and should not overdo it if it is not necessary.
    I thought that's what I said. Eitherway,,, I guess you explained it better.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 6:06pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    What was that Bas Rutten quote - "never escalate the level of violence in a fight you are losing"? Or somesuch.

Not really sure how that applies if you've already been stabbed in the belly six or seven times though. I suppose that your assailant has already escalated the level of violence as high as it's going to get by that point...
    I meant a punch up type situation, but if someone is stabbing you all bets are off. By all means eye gouge, hair pull, bite, hide the spicy sauce bottle, chi blast,monkey steals peach, etc...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 6:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Your_Majesty View Post
    Anyway, from eye gouging to just poking you can control the amount of damage you do to the opponent and should not overdo it if it is not necessary.
    I no expert but how could you successfully control the amount of damage to a fragile human eye?

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 6:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I applied Dim Mak on someone back in high school. Almost 10 years later, BAM, herpes.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2011 6:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, I see. Guess this guy has the real deadly eye gouge. No can defend with the Three stouges counter.

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=lo...AWUvcEu&zoom=1

:)

Posted On:
    12/04/2011 2:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy had the r3al chun going.
    LOWELL -- A 33-year-old Lowell man with a history of mental-health issues was arraigned in his cell at Lowell Police Station after he refused to come out and face allegations that he allegedly gouged out a man's eye.
    In a rare event, a Lowell District Court judge and court staff arraigned Christopher Owen from the other side of his holding cell door after he allegedly threatened to become violent.
    Lowell Police Superintendent Kenneth Lavallee said Owen has a history of violent behavior and had become combative while in custody, so the holding-cell arraignment was the safest alternative.
    I wonder how the different states regard attacking someone's eyes, in terms of criminal charges? Google fu ahoy.

You know me...the snakebite hiss, the Devil's Grip, the Iron Fist

Posted On:
    12/04/2011 4:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Hung Fist, BJJ, Qi Gong

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The secret to eye gouges is somewhere in this diagram...I just know it. The question is where...
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast