Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 1:40am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you deliberately eye gouge someone in a fight, you better hope you have the upper hand otherwise there will just be a pissed off opponent who will greatly escalate the amount of damage he will want to inflict to you.

:)

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 1:43am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    wear a sweat band on your forearm
    When I get back in the gym, I will, and damn I'll need it. I'm English, and I sweat if I even think of moving around. The pony tail doesn't help (damn hippie looking toolbag that I am).

Of course eye pokes are painful, but it's obvious the d3adly crowd ignores what will be done in return. Someone who might have choked you into submission, or sub into well-behavedness, would possibly feel entitled legally to choke someone silly, or break an arm/ankle etc. Str33t taps FTL.

I wear glasses, and I've been dinged in the lens a good few times, mostly through my own clumsiness. Still have vision, incredibly. I didn't get to be clumsyninja via ninjerism.

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 3:45am

Style: mma /boxing/muai thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    When I get back in the gym, I will, and damn I'll need it. I'm English, and I sweat if I even think of moving around. The pony tail doesn't help (damn hippie looking toolbag that I am).

Of course eye pokes are painful, but it's obvious the d3adly crowd ignores what will be done in return. Someone who might have choked you into submission, or sub into well-behavedness, would possibly feel entitled legally to choke someone silly, or break an arm/ankle etc. Str33t taps FTL.

I wear glasses, and I've been dinged in the lens a good few times, mostly through my own clumsiness. Still have vision, incredibly. I didn't get to be clumsyninja via ninjerism.
    My eye just seems to close at the right time. This last one I diddn't ever see coming. I ate it from behind somehow.

This one was also a quick wack so no big deal. If it is one of those diggy out sort of eyegouges I will try to get their little finger. (in a deadly vs deadly sort of competition)

As you see sorta an eye gouge looks like an eye gouge as well. So can be used as defence against assult in court

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 5:22am

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrh80 View Post
    If you deliberately eye gouge someone in a fight, you better hope you have the upper hand otherwise there will just be a pissed off opponent who will greatly escalate the amount of damage he will want to inflict to you.
    What was that Bas Rutten quote - "never escalate the level of violence in a fight you are losing"? Or somesuch.

Not really sure how that applies if you've already been stabbed in the belly six or seven times though. I suppose that your assailant has already escalated the level of violence as high as it's going to get by that point...

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 7:54am

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.
    Joyce Carol Oates, On Boxing

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 10:12am

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    Truely award worthy! I'm not allowed to give you more rep, so a +1 will have to do.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 1:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeksWWAC View Post
    So yea, eye gouges work. They dont stop fights, and kimuras work better, but they will make you hate your life for a week or more. Im just glad he was a wrestler and not a ninja, think what a trained eye gouger could have done!
    Yes, obviously eye gouging and groin punching works like a charm but in the str33tz you are not going to try to win by submission. If you have an eye gouge chance, you do it even if you have a 9th dan in BJJ and Judo and is a wrestling and sambo champion and also you won the ADCC.

The best grappler will probably be the one to create a good situation and be in a best position to apply the same eye gouge so it is not like being a BJJ black belt would be worse than being a good eye gouger, specially if you have the black belt and is willing to eye gouge him out. No matter if you trained 999 self-defense Krav Maga, Systema, whatever drills until they are a reflex. Being an actually skillful fighter doing hard sparring while being willing to kick balls and bite ears will in the end be better than the former option.

:)

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 2:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Your_Majesty View Post
    Yes, obviously eye gouging and groin punching works like a charm but in the str33tz you are not going to try to win by submission. If you have an eye gouge chance, you do it even if you have a 9th dan in BJJ and Judo and is a wrestling and sambo champion and also you won the ADCC.

The best grappler will probably be the one to create a good situation and be in a best position to apply the same eye gouge so it is not like being a BJJ black belt would be worse than being a good eye gouger, specially if you have the black belt and is willing to eye gouge him out. No matter if you trained 999 self-defense Krav Maga, Systema, whatever drills until they are a reflex. Being an actually skillful fighter doing hard sparring while being willing to kick balls and bite ears will in the end be better than the former option.
    No, because in today's society, you will go to jail. Self defense doesn't justify the d3adly. In this day of magistrate hearings, and in this litigious society, having poked the guys eye in, is not going to earn any sympathy from a magistrate, judge, jury, DA, ADA, or anyone.

I know in this state, you are supposed to act right, even in self defense. You can't just blind someone and go, well he pushed me, or threw a punch.

I don't know if there's an assault with intent to maim charge here, but I wouldn't be surprised. Society frowns on disfiguring someone, if you're both civilians.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 3:10pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    No, because in today's society, you will go to jail. Self defense doesn't justify the d3adly. In this day of magistrate hearings, and in this litigious society, having poked the guys eye in, is not going to earn any sympathy from a magistrate, judge, jury, DA, ADA, or anyone.

I know in this state, you are supposed to act right, even in self defense. You can't just blind someone and go, well he pushed me, or threw a punch.

I don't know if there's an assault with intent to maim charge here, but I wouldn't be surprised. Society frowns on disfiguring someone, if you're both civilians.
    Too many people misunderstand "self defense". You're only allowed to use the same amount of force used against you. Atleast Oklahoma Law says that anyway.

In otherwords, If you punch me, I'm not allowed to stab you in the throat. I'm allowed to use the "same" force, such as a sumbmission, or another strike.

If someone shoots at me, then any method however deadly is okay.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/20/2011 3:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorekara View Post
    You're only allowed to use the same amount of force used against you.
    No, you are allowed to use the amount of force necessary to protect yourself without overdoing it. If you are trying to knock me out, knocking you out is acceptable. If you just got mad and swung at me without a real intent of causing a big warm to me, knocking you out is not acceptable.
    If you are in a situation where your life is at stake, breaking his arm or gouging his eye is not excessive force, unless you do could stop him without going so far. If your opponent is someone that you can clearly dominate without hurting him badly, kicking his head is too much. The amount of force you can use is dependent of the situation, and not of how much force is used against me, because if this were the case I would have to wait until you stabbed me to stab you back.

Anyway, from eye gouging to just poking you can control the amount of damage you do to the opponent and should not overdo it if it is not necessary.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast