Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2011 10:42am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts (MMA)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

**VIDEO** Avellan Shows The Kimura Revenge!

Hey everybody, last week I posted a technique video of the my "trademark" knee cut across guard pass, click here to watch it. This week I'm showing what I call the "Kimura Revenge!" This uncommon counter to the most common submission in the guard is easy to do, extremely high percentage, and not only does it counter the submission, but it also potentially ends the fight. In a sport grappling scenario, it can be used to counter the kimura and pass to side control - and if the counter is kept secured, there are submissions that can be setup (this video focuses on the MMA application though).

If you like the video, please do me favor and bump this thread up with a "TTT" and/or like my video and post a comment on my youtube. By bumping this thread back up, liking my video on youtube, and/or posting a comment on youtube it helps promote me and my gym so I'd appreciate the help.

Next week I'll post another technique here. Oh, one more thing, I love feedback, so if anybody hits this move in training or in a match, please post some feedback on my facebook page wall at www.facebook.com/MarcosAvellan and "like" my page.

--Marcos Avellan

P.S. For more videos and daily email tips, please subscribe at www.MarcosAvellan.com - just for signing up, you get a couple of cool guard pass drills and setups.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2011 11:25am

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome video. I like the way you break the counter down into clear concise steps. Definitely looking forward to seeing more of these.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2011 12:32pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your video's are the bees knees. I've hit that guardpass already a dozen times, including on bigger purples. I don't often get caught in this kimura but I'm going to bait it and try this out.