Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 6:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ded Morose View Post
    He was doing really well until he fell in the deep end on the whole 'repatriate the off shore funds to set up a new bank' thing.

And then I closed the tab, because he started sounding like every other Robin Hood psuedo communist mong out there.

Up until then,though, he was doing alright.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/12/2011 6:09pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...you do realize that "repatriate the off shore funds" means either allowing companies to bring back profits stashed overseas at a reduced tax rate or ending the loophole that allows them to defer paying taxes indefinitely by keeping that money overseas, right? That's a far cry from communism, and using those taxes to set up a low-interest infrastructure bank that will do what the giant banks won't (like lend money to small businesses) is a pretty solid way to get the economy moving in the right direction.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/12/2011 6:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alpha Foxtrot:
    As a Tea Party supporter, who sees his views represented by Camoflage Clad Man Waving A Desert Eagle, allow me to play you a sad song on the World's Smallest Fiddle to show that I feel your pain at the lamestream media allowing Drug Addled Nazi to speak for you. ;]

Illegaluser:
    "Hippies who need to get a job" and "dangerous anarchists who want to kill us all" aren't mutually exclusive labels. Consider the Weather Underground, the Symbionese Liberation Army, and the Manson Family.

Vieux Normand:
    No problem at all, I am the Godwinned party here. (Godwinning party?) I think that example supports my case, in that the Austrian remained remained in his seat of power, having his orders more or less carried out, until the Red Army blasted him loose with T-34s.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2011 2:35pm

Style: PTK / MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    Alpha Foxtrot:
    As a Tea Party supporter, who sees his views represented by Camoflage Clad Man Waving A Desert Eagle, allow me to play you a sad song on the World's Smallest Fiddle to show that I feel your pain at the lamestream media allowing Drug Addled Nazi to speak for you. ;]
    This is why I've said to every Tea Partier I've spoken to recently that for every incoherent hippie the media has shown them, we've been shown an illiterate redneck with a misspelled racist placard. It's also why some of the original TP'ers and members of OWS have been reaching out to one another. I'll forego the epic screed and leave the following cartoon that I think sums it up pretty well:

Posted On:
    12/14/2011 10:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    In some cases, dictators fall because their military continue to follow orders--even if those are mass-suicidal orders involving the invasion of Russia.

(You did mention Hitler and Stalin.)
    Vince is acting like the military are some disconnected borg entity grown in pods or Ottoman warriors recruited by Devshirme and directly loyal to any and all dictators, rather than people with families who are CIVILIANS. If the populace is unhappy, you can guarantee there are members of the military that aren't happy.

I repeat: there will never be a nation held together by police and prisons. There is a reason why oppressive governments tightly control the press and information. Saddam Hussein knew he could give people all the ak-47's they wanted, but there was no way he was going to let them have any kind of free speech.

Leave it to me to come to a martial arts website and argue about the ineffectiveness of violence in general and the power of the written word.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Posted On:
    12/14/2011 10:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can look at dozens of revolutions, some recent, in which admittedly oppressive governments fell not because there was an armed revolt, backed by the army, but because the armed forces joined in civil disobedience, a dynamic stemming directly not from an armed conflict, but from the spreading of ideas. Both Egypt and the former USSR were bloodless "revolutions". The fact is, no government can ultimately prevail without the consent of the governed.

This does not preclude the reality that armed resistance may be necessary, it simply argues that it is unrealistic to believe that is the only way things change; history simply does not agree. Nonviolence is not the same thing as pacifism, and I definitely get a sense the tea-partiers aren't really to clear on the difference.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Posted On:
    12/15/2011 10:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I mean, seriously, there is no way you can characterize the Egyptians or Soviets as unwilling to kill and torture civilians.

I'm boring you all I know.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Posted On:
    12/16/2011 12:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "crickets chirping"...

"bullshido posters snoring"....
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Posted On:
    12/16/2011 11:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crappler View Post
    "crickets chirping"...
    Racist.

=================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2011 9:17am

Style: Delusion

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find it hard to believe that this thread went on to be this long. Considering that the average occupy movement member is now an average person(which is the same as an idiot to me). Average people suck in large groups. Theres this thing called mob mentality. If you haven't noticed the OWS now has a systemic infection of people succumbing to the mob mentality.

A successful revolution needs to be decisive and over before the idiots latch on to your cause. Once the idiots(average people who become irrational do to emotional highs) get into and join your cause the clear rational objective and conviction gets replaced with emotional persuasion. After that the revolution is nothing but bunch of guys filled with hot air.