--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dytukh uhr juuuuuuuuuuuuub
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2011 12:26am

Style: BJJ Beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Obviously I don't live in America so it is hard for me to comment but I follow the discussions with interest. A point that has been brought up many time is getting money out of politics and I don't see how anyone can say that that's a bad thing. Anyway this guy agrees.

Posted On:
    12/09/2011 11:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli View Post
    What makes a dictator fall is when he (or she) screws things up so badly that significant portions of the military refuse to follow orders or switch loyalties to someone else.
    In some cases, dictators fall because their military continue to follow orders--even if those are mass-suicidal orders involving the invasion of Russia.

(You did mention Hitler and Stalin.)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2011 11:24am

Style: PTK / MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ded Morose View Post
    Obviously I don't live in America so it is hard for me to comment but I follow the discussions with interest. A point that has been brought up many time is getting money out of politics and I don't see how anyone can say that that's a bad thing. Anyway this guy agrees.
    The three most consistent demands I've heard from folks at OWS (I live in NYC, so I've been down to there) are 1) Get money out of politics by overturning Citizens United and revoking corporate personhood 2) Reinstate Glass-Steagall 3) No more bailouts for banks, and prosecute the people who caused the crash in the first place.

There are others. There are a bunch of military guys down there. One was a former marine in his dress uniform holding up a portrait photo of Gen. Smedley Butler. He was going around explaining who the man was to interested parties. For my part, I'd like to see some more changes such as reducing the ability to trade in exotic OTC securities (i.e. if it's more complex than a vanilla call/put, it needs to be listed), instate a central clearinghouse for CDSs to reduce counterparty risk, etc.

Really, it boils down to this: It doesn't matter how much money you have- you've got to play by the same rules as the rest of us.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/09/2011 6:45pm

Style: BJJ (blue), Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo23 View Post
    The three most consistent demands I've heard from folks at OWS (I live in NYC, so I've been down to there) are 1) Get money out of politics by overturning Citizens United and revoking corporate personhood 2) Reinstate Glass-Steagall 3) No more bailouts for banks, and prosecute the people who caused the crash in the first place.
    Same here. Everywhere I look I seem to hear or see these demands, and yet the Occupiers are constantly portrayed as not having a clue what they want to do.

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 4:15am

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by excludedmiddle View Post
    Same here. Everywhere I look I seem to hear or see these demands, and yet the Occupiers are constantly portrayed as not having a clue what they want to do.
    "What do you guys want?"

End corporate personhood.

"What was that? I didn't hear you"

Fix tax loopholes.

"Still not coming through clear."

Support affordable higher education and protect college accounts from being used for non-college projects.

"We don't understand what you're saying."

Create affordable healthcare plans that the lower economic classes can participate in and educate the public on options including the importance of preventative medicine/care.

"After several attempt at speaking with protesters, they're clearly unable to tell us what they want. We found this crazy toothless bum who seems to have his act together. Sir, can you tell us what this is all about?"

"IT'S ABOUT HOW THE WORLD IS RUN BY JEWISH BANKERS. THEY'RE ALL JEWS. WE NEED TO GET RID OF THEM. WE NEED TO FORGIVE ALL DEBT EVERYWHERE. WE NEED TO MAKE MEDICINE FREE FOR EVERYBODY AND TAX THE RICH."

"There you have it folks, this is Tits McGee at Faux News, signing off."
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 9:12am

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like Tits McGee.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 11:13am

Style: MMA + Harmonica

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't forget that the Occupiers are simultaenously described as useless hippies who need to get a job and dangerous anarchists that seek to overthrow democracy.

"Thus, by a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak."

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 5:17pm

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by illegalusername View Post
    Don't forget that the Occupiers are simultaenously described as useless hippies who need to get a job and dangerous anarchists that seek to overthrow democracy.

"Thus, by a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak."
    I always wonder why people don't realize how weak that argument is. Why shouldn't people who are disadvantaged be protesting socioeconomic inequality? That's insanity.
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    12/11/2011 5:56pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Neither is the US, only 63.6% of the population can vote.
    http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html
    More than that: Undocumented migrants are probably much more than are reported there and those in prison and convicted of felonies also can't vote.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children