226217 Bullies, 3613 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 49 of 72 FirstFirst ... 394546474849 5051525359 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/29/2011 5:23pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalLegion View Post
    The problem is that those normally available career paths aren't being made available by the companies and corporations.
    Really? It's a corporation's responsibility to make certain career paths available? That's how you think business works? And all this time I thought businesses succeeded by identifying needs in the marketplace and finding a way to satisfy those needs for profit. The **** was I thinking?

Lay off the meth, buddy.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/29/2011 5:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The government's job is to ensure the safety, welfare and protection of it's citizen and to ensure that everyone is playing by the same rules.
    Show me the phrase "playing by the same rules" anywhere in the Constitution and I'll post a video of myself eating my own ****.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/29/2011 5:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    Really? It's a corporation's responsibility to make certain career paths available? That's how you think business works? And all this time I thought businesses succeeded by identifying needs in the marketplace and finding a way to satisfy those needs for profit. The **** was I thinking?

Lay off the meth, buddy.
    Wow. Way to cherry pick and then try to put it in a new context. Why are you afraid to quote me in whole, namely:

The problem is that those normally available career paths aren't being made available by the companies and corporations. They call it cost cutting and restructuring, but what it really amounts to is the top-tier executives making sure that there are monies available for their fucking payouts and bonuses. Anyone who has spent 10 minutes researching the financials of corporations that claim to have had a "few bad years" will find their top-tier executives certainly weren't feeling it. You go into a major, get sold on possible career paths, only to find the majority of those paths yanked away from you and you end up not only in debt for your education but working in a job that only speaks to your education in the most tertiary way. That's the fucking problem.
    See, that's what I said.

You're getting sloppy, friend.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/29/2011 5:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Josh View Post

"The game is rigged". Prove it.
    1) Citizens United v Federal Election Commission 2) Glass-Steagall's demise.... Oh, wait, I made this post several pages back. Hmmmm, seemed logical to me, but what do I know?
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    11/29/2011 5:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow. Way to cherry pick and then try to put it in a new context. Why are you afraid to quote me in whole, namely:

See, that's what I said.

You're getting sloppy, friend.
    Oh noes! Things don't go your way and your degree is a disappointment. Let's line up and cry about it!

Speaking of cherry picking - when are you going to show me that phrase in the Constitution?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/29/2011 5:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Show me the phrase "playing by the same rules" anywhere in the Constitution and I'll post a video of myself eating my own ****.
    Really? The Constitution? An ambiguously written piece of legislation? That's the best you've got? Oh, I get it...if it isn't expressly written or mentioned in The Constitution, it's simply impossible to advocate something. But I guess I can play this game...

Show me the legislation in the Constitution that states citizens get one set of rules and government-corporate collusion gets another.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/29/2011 5:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh noes! Things don't go your way and your degree is a disappointment. Let's line up and cry about it!

Speaking of cherry picking - when are you going to show me that phrase in the Constitution?
    Oh noes! Those careers that were sold to me are gone so someone can keep his bonus...but let's blame me for getting the 'wrong degree'!

When are you gonna show me yours?

Posted On:
    11/29/2011 5:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really? The Constitution? An ambiguously written piece of legislation? That's the best you've got? Oh, I get it...if it isn't expressly written or mentioned in The Constitution, it's simply impossible to advocate something. But I guess I can play this game...

Show me the legislation in the Constitution that states citizens get one set of rules and government-corporate collusion gets another.
    Tag, you're it! Okay, fine. If the Constitution is meaningless, where does the mandate for an equal playing field come from? As far as I know if the Constitution doesn't dictate our rules, then there are no rules at all. Let me guess - the rules you're referring to came from your imaginary friend, Bubbles. It's okay, you can tell us. We're friends.

There is no rule in the Constitution that says citizens get one set of rules and corporations get another. There's also no rule that says they get the same set of rules. Your level playing field is a Constitutional unicorn.

Posted On:
    11/29/2011 5:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh noes! Those careers that were sold to me are gone so someone can keep his bonus...but let's blame me for getting the 'wrong degree'!

When are you gonna show me yours?
    There's a word for people who buy worthless **** because someone tells them it's awesome -Sucker.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2011 5:51pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think we're losing sight of the issue here.

Whether or not you feel like things are okay right now, this is about how things are going to be tomorrow. The middle class is dwindling. Social mobility is shrinking. These aren't statements I'm pulling out of my ass, it's just plainly and simply what the economic data is showing us. We're losing our meritocracy. Even if you feel that it is still alright now, it was better 5, 10, 20, 30 years ago--so the trend, unchecked, is bound to head to a place that even you will not like. And if that doesn't affect you, it will affect your children or their children. And honestly, this isn't even really about issues of fairness or some moral imperative that everyone have a good life: this trend is killing our economic system, it is destroying what was a productive and healthy capitalism. The people in charge of guiding it aren't addressing long-term sustainability; they are there to make their money and leave the future (current) stability problems to be addressed by someone else.

http://www.businessinsider.com/22-st...ca-2010-7?op=1

http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/2/7/45002641.pdf
    Last edited by CNagy; 11/29/2011 5:58pm at .