Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2011 12:34pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    Hmm. Doesn't sound too bad.

46 degrees. Guess I'll wear a jacket to the burrito place.

If it's 46 degrees and you are looking for a burrito chances are it's going to be a shitty burrito.

teh. Real burritos all come from locations with a warmer climate.

You need to protest the fact that you will be getting a substandard burrito.
    Burritos here in san diego are bigger, better and cheaper. That's just not fair.
    The federal government should redistribute taco stands accross america so everybody has access to a decent burrito.

Posted On:
    11/17/2011 12:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fucking smug Judo brown belts.
    Did you know that only 40% of the world's Judo practitioners currently have t3h 100% of black belts? And do they distribute those belts? Except for Matt Morton and Kites of Shamar, **** no. They fucking hoard them.

We are the 60%, and we want t3h black belts! Occupy joodo.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/17/2011 2:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dflanmod View Post
    If it's 46 degrees and you are looking for a burrito chances are it's going to be a shitty burrito.

teh. Real burritos all come from locations with a warmer climate.

You need to protest the fact that you will be getting a substandard burrito.
    Burritos here in san diego are bigger, better and cheaper. That's just not fair.
    The federal government should redistribute taco stands accross america so everybody has access to a decent burrito.
    Normally you'd be correct, but you don't know about my super secret burrito place. Trust me - they're real, they're big and they're awesome. That's why I drive way the **** out to the middle of **** to get them.

Unfortunately, the place was jam packed when I got there and I wasn't about to stand there waiting for a table. Place was OCCUPIED! So I split and went to Plan B, which is my super secret burger joint with the hot waitress and the awesome sweet tea (representin' the dirty south).

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    11/17/2011 2:14pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sweet Tea? Where the hell are you located?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/17/2011 2:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    North Carolina.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2011 2:32pm

Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    Because talking is getting us nowhere. That's true regardless of your viewpoints. The Occupy movement is a perfect example. They're going to accomplish nothing. It's a media event and a circus. People chatter away about it for a while, then it will taper off to nothing. Same thing with the Tea Party. Same thing with any party. If any of these movements were able to make real headway and accomplish something, I'd be more optimistic about our ability to make meaningful change peacefully.

Government is too fucking bloated and there's no turning back. Government is not going to downsize itself. Government will grow and grow until it pops like a zit.

Our political system is a failure. Political office is about personal achievement, not about public service. Elected officials are only interested in winning the next election. Compromise in the interest of the nation's welfare doesn't happen.

I have more thoughts on what caused these problems, but it doesn't matter and will only generate more argument. There's nothing either side can say that hasn't already been said. The country is as polarized today as it was at the beginning of the Civil War. When you have two guys in a room who hate each other, they're only going to talk **** for so long before they start throwing blows.

For the record, I want to make it clear I am against acts of violence toward the U.S. government or U.S. citizens.

NOW we'e found the common ground , though I must ask , as
    regards the last *CYA* line.

How do you feel about govt violence towards it's citizenry?

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    11/17/2011 2:44pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All public offices should have a 2 term limit.

Posted On:
    11/17/2011 2:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    NOW we'e found the common ground , though I must ask , as
    regards the last *CYA* line.

How do you feel about govt violence towards it's citizenry?
    First of all, it wasn't a CYA line. I believe that. I'm not morally against violence to accomplish a goal, but I think my family and I are far better off in a functioning society. I believe if things degrade to the point where we're having violent conflict, it could ultimately result in positive change, but I'm not naive. I know how much suffering would be involved in the process. I don't want my family suffer. I'd rather them live in a society that's imperfect but relatively safe and peaceful than in a war zone.

How do I feel about government violence towards it's citizenry? I frown upon it. I believe the government is here to serve the people, or should be anyway. However, I also don't go around purposely fucking with cops and inviting a beatdown. Cops have a lot of leeway in how they conduct their business. They also tend to be protected by the local establishment. If you want to run your mouth in the back of a squad car and test a cop's willingness to put a boot in your ass, go ahead. I choose to avoid that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2011 3:11pm

Style: Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    Supply and demand. Human beings--whatever they may (or may not) have been worth in some part of the past--are not worth much now, and the value is dropping. Large-scale employment (like assembly-line manufacturing) has been outsourced from the West, and even that will only last as long as machines can't be made to 'man' the assembly lines more cheaply than developing-country flesh-and-blood drones.

The remaining human livelihoods in the 'global economy' will be in 'creative' areas where there will be a few giants, possessing almost all the resources, their gilded walls surrounded by multitudes of little people hoping to be among those chosen to receive a few crumbs in return for a lifetime of abject servility.

Escape? 'Leaving' the global economy (a wish I hear spoken with increasing frequency) might be an interesting idea--but the GE's thirst for resources will eventually send its minions and their machines to destroy whatever piece of wilderness anyone may have found as a retreat. No place is sufficiently distant any more.

I'm glad I'm nearly fifty. Fewer remaining years of this charming scenario to experience...

REad the above , and then reread it again . And after that
    start doing some research , perhaps start with Aniston Alabama for a nice overview of how nice and friendly that global economy , our govt and Big Business in general is to the people as a whole entity.

And their overall opinion " we've got ours and the rest of you are lazy whiners".... rather similar to certain folks here who are still young enough to " know it all". The largest difference being that while those hear will pipe that tune they actually *DO* still give a **** about this country.

The corporations DON'T CARE , not about YOU who seemingly support the status quo , nor about those of us who quite openly advocate a PEACEFUL ( if at all possible) Revolution.

In the end all of our argueing *here* and in countless other locations around the world are merely a vehicle to KEEP the public divided upon the criteria of socioeconomic , religious , sexual , ideological and sociodynamic lines and at each others throats while they continue to loot the public via whatever method they can employ for a given location , and they'll go just
    as far as regards human rights abuses in a given location as they can get away with , this has proven true over and over ad nauseum in a wide variety of locales and across history.

http://projects.publicintegrity.org/...nExposure.aspx

Start running the corporate tentacles on some of these companies , they lead some interesting places , and I've seen more than a few of them *personally*.

These are a glaring example of how much Big Govt and BigBusiness care about you and indeed about the populace at large. Once can proceed from their to the antics involved saayyy the MarCopper disaster , BP's various pecadilloes both in the 'States and round the globe ( and believe me the Gulf Spill is merely the tip of that sordid iceberg) , or the various and sundry Canadian lakes where the tailing froms the mad rush for heavy metals used in the manufacture of batteries for the " hybrid" market have been dumped.

After that we could perhaps discuss all the " public good" and how much govts and corporations " care" with examples such as the Ekati example and the various other toxic incinerators in the far North.

And since we've already argued as regards *education* perhaps some folks would like to discuss *exactly* what has gone wrong with our educationa systems ( as regards the States) and how it has been transformed to a large degree into an eduindoctrinational system geared towards producibg complacently brainwashed , submissive drones who will toil from womb to tomb without questioning their lot. Willing giving yet more and more to the massive parasite masquerading as the " host".

" It's for your own good." ..." think of the children. " and any other buzzphrase to play upon folks emotions and soothe them back into somnambulance.