Our Sponsors:

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 910 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 3:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unfortunately, i`m in new zealand, in the opposite part of the world. by any chance that you know someone from this country?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 6:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    New Zealand is a very nice place to live yes? I think they filmed Lord of the Rings there?
    I'm sorry i don't know anybody in your country but if any of my brothers decide to teach there i will let you know quickly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/02/2003 11:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes, it`s a nice place, although i haven`t seen any hobbit and elves yet :D

btw, been nice talking to you shi heng che, but i`m afraid we`re already hijacking this thread.

I ussually lurk around in emtpyflower forum
    http://www.emptyflower.com/cgi-bin/y...B.cgi/YaBB.cgi
    , a xingyi / xinyi, bagua, taiji forum and other chinese martial arts. You could find me there under the name Dede, and may be we could talk more.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 3:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice talking to you too.
    My internet time is very limited because i use someone elses computer so i normally only see this forum.

See you.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    8/03/2003 5:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm from China.

My pinyin is very bad so i am still quite confused here . . .
    Whereabouts? I have an place in Xi'an and taught English there for a while. I know what you mean about the pinyin. I get into the same kind of trouble teaching English. Because I'm American the other teachers all think my grammer is perfect and I can spell anything. HAHAHAHAHAHAH! ! ! Besides, if it's yout native tongue, what do you need pinyin for?

Anyways, 'xing' is like in 'wu xing' (five elements, metal, fire, water, etc. and) and 'xin' is like in your chest.

...the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders...tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."-- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2003 4:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did live in Henan province but now i have moved to live in England temporarily. I may stay in England to help with the teaching or I may go to Austria because i here they have opened a new Shaolin Temple there but have no teachers yet. It all depends on how successful i can get my work permit.

I love Americans! You speak Chinese? You seem very knowledgable and this is great! Thankyou for your explanation. Please correct me if you see anymore mistakes in either my pinyin or English. Thankyou!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/05/2003 8:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BJJ: Fantastic ground work and some take downs. But if you ever practiced Judo before, the take downs are all there. The trick is to just get them on the ground and you can win fron there.
    Muay Thai: Stand up fighting. More kicks, knees, and elbows rather then punching (or that is my modification b/c my legs are stronger then my arms). And most of the power comes from your hips, so instead os a 'snap' kick like in TKD you turn your whole body and move from your hips. A more 'follow through' kick.

-------------------------
    "Dark Days, Bright Nights" -Aeon Flux

"Give me the strength to live, to smile and to love"

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    8/08/2003 12:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only difference I've seen in MT kicks from the way I learned them in TKD is that instead of pivoting on the standing leg to put your hips into the kick, you just step out to the side a bit and plant you leg already turned.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2003 6:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still do WT but I`ve not been training for over a month now, because I really DON`T like it. I think about doing boksing or MT, maby both.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/12/2003 10:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i took TKD and Ninjutsu.

TKD:

Pro's:i agree, it gave me stamina, flexability, disipline, and how to break boards.

Con's:they never tought you to kick to the legs because what is the fun in that if your opponent cant kick you anymore or stand for that matter, they tought to kick to the head, NEVER KICK TO THE HEAD WHILE BOTH YOU AND YOUR OPPONENT ARE STANDING!!! if they have any martial arts background or common sense then you will get hurt more than them.if you get into a confrentation on the street you dont have any time to stretch to kick them in the head.Minimul weapons training,ect...

NINJUTSU:

Pro's:you dont have to strech to do any of the techniques. the "blocking" in this martial science is to strike them and in that rediredting there punch and throwing them off balance, it doesnt matter really what shape you ar in to take it. it is taught to end a fight inbetween 1 to 5 seconds. because that is all the time you have if there are more than one of them. i could keep going on and on but if you want some info on it go to www.ninjust.com.

Con's: when i find some i will notify you, and please if anybody is reading this and they know of some con's then notify me

but it all depends on that your into style-wise.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 910 LastLast