Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/21/2011 11:32am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Hey look everybody! Cecil Peoples posts on BS.
    yawn.

In the 5th round Henderson did'nt land a single 'significant strike' or takedown or even gain a single dominant position on the floor.
    http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/11/...icial-ufc.html

That was surely a 10-8. This is mma not boxing. knockdowns cant be the only thing that contribute to a 10-8.

None of the other rounds were even remotely conclusive enough to be a 10-8.
    Last edited by Kambei Shimada; 11/21/2011 11:45am at .

Posted On:
    11/21/2011 1:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shogun was rocked badly in early rounds, but he still had some offense. He was charging Henderson, scrambling, going for leglocks. On the other hand, Hendo didn't have any kind of offense in the fifth round.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/21/2011 9:06pm

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Finally got a chance to see Hendo vs Shogun and Wanderlei vs Le. Great fights. I agree with the idea that the former should have been a draw. It seems like even though he got a loss, though, Shogun is getting credit for going the distance and making it such a close match, so hopefully things go well for him after this match anyway.

Also, while I was delighted to see Wanderlei win, I hope this victory doesn't make him think he can still compete much longer. It seemed like every few clean strikes that Le landed rocked him. If he hadn't have gassed so quick, Silva probably would have lost.

Posted On:
    11/22/2011 12:21am

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, landing 2 shots (and missing 3) which had nothing behind them and going for a half arsed heel hook, doesn't negate the fact that Shogun was a bee's dick away from that fight being called in the 3rd.

Just incase people were still whinging that the last round wasn't a 10-8. It's a shame, if Shogun wasn't rocked so badly and had more in the tank, I have no doubt he could've finished that, both guys were trashed though.

Posted On:
    11/22/2011 2:09am

Style: Regretfully, TKD.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I were a betting man, I would've lost big time Saturday night. I thought Cung Le was going to win due to Silva's string of losses as well as Cung's ability to keep the fight at a distance.

As for Henderson and Shogun, I can't say I disagree with the judges. Hendo had the first 3 rounds in the bag. Now while Shogun won the last 2, he definitely didn't deserve a 10-8 vote on either. There were instances where he completely rocked Hendo but didn't capitalize cause he gassed out too early.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2011 4:14am

Style: Combatives, SAMBO,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I gotta say, Shogun vs Henderson was one of the best fights I have ever seen. Was feeling bad for Shogun in the 3rd, the way he was getting pummeled. A fight hasn't gotten me that excited since Bonnar vs Griffin!)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2011 5:31pm

Style: Transitioning...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    omg,,,Cung vs Wand was a blast! Those vicious knees put Cung down for good...good to see Wand back with all that psycho ape-like violence =D did u guys noticed CUng le s nose after the fight? hes going for a plastic surgery im sure the cartilage just got all screwed up. I still want to see Wand win one more time before retirement.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2011 11:11am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
    Sorry man but that's non-sense.

Henderson offered nothing in the final round. He was completely dominated. I can think of numerous evenly contested rounds that were scored 10-8 due to a single knockdown. That round was conclusively dominated. Had Shogun shown a little compusure he had 5-6 good oppurtunities to finish the fight.

"One or two shots away from being finished," Henderson said himself after the fight.

As I said earlier. Fight should have been a draw.
    In the second vid was I the only one shouting "arm bar"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2011 1:13pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    If you count the 5th as 10-8 for Shogun, then one of the first 3 rounds should also be 10-8 for Hendo.
    That's how I thought it had been scored that Hendo had won.

But then I don't really know too much about the different between a 10-8 and a 10-9 anyway.

And Joe Rogan said in the final round the same thing about one of Hendo's rounds being counted as a 10-8. Which is probably a sign of it not being true.

Posted On:
    11/24/2011 1:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Uncut Sports Show uncensored coverage of the NFL, MMA, NBA, MLB, NHL, NCAA, and every other sport. You can enjoy high quality MMA Fighting videos, mma fights, MMA Videos, national football league, national hockey league, ufc fights, UFC Videos, ultimate fighting championships at one place.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast