Posted On:
    11/17/2011 4:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Homernoid View Post
    I absolute don't know for the US.

As for Germany or even generally Europe I am under the impression that there is much cultural/historical knowledge beeing passed to population unintentionally.
    keep in mind, there is a ton of castles, ruins etc here, people visit with their children on weekends when visiting the zoo is getting boring.
    From my experience, many Americans seem to know **** about European history in general, let alone the weaponry. Growing up in England, I was acutely aware of all of that, but can't speak for anyone else. I was from the countryside, and I was into history and warfare. I visited castles such as Sudeley and Warwick, and a couple I forget the name of, with the family and/or school...

Perhaps I'm jaded from my experiences here. Seeing as a lot of Americans post on Bullshido, I think his rant is valid, although perhaps for the US, more than Europe. I certainly grew up with a strong martial awareness, in terms of historic European conflicts.

You threw me off a bit, calling him a cun7. That's a fairly extreme insult, but perhaps not so auf Deutsch.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2011 4:59pm

Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yo, that LARPer-thing is fun fact.
    the other is, in his location I read Germany. that's what makes me calling him a **** for those overdoings.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2011 6:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Homernoid View Post
    it is kenning's heavy exaggerated presumptions I mock. Indeed I doubt one would find a majority of people that do believe medieval swords were crude or clubs etc. in his location I read Germany. that's what makes me calling him a **** for those overdoings.
    First: In your profile I read "Taijiquan". Why am I not suprised? You're surely one of these Kungfu-heads who is especially prone to Asia-wankery.
    Second: you can doubt what you want since you're not a HEMA practitioner. Have you ever asked any people what they really think of medieval swords? I did. I encontered countless of their prejudices and "half-knowledge", so if you think I over-react here just make a survey by yourself. Wankhead.
    Third: Ever watched some "Galileo Mystery", especially their Knight vs Samurai episode? You should, really, a nice bullshit show where blunt stage combat swords are compared to a sharp chinese katanaS. You'll like it, wankhead.

""kenning's heavy exaggerated presumptions"" - speak with people, read some books on medieval swords, expert opinions, and then you can try it again. It's all about knowing, not assuming. What you do, wanker, is simply assuming "it can not be that bad..." Stop wanking and talk with people!

Funny how quick all the JMA and CMA guys are pissed off when "Europe's inferiority" is debunked the hard way.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/17/2011 6:57pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kenning View Post
    First: In your profile I read "Taijiquan". Why am I not suprised? You're surely one of these Kungfu-heads who is especially prone to Asia-wankery.
    Funny how quick all the JMA and CMA guys are pissed off when "Europe's inferiority" is debunked the hard way.
    And YOU'RE the guy bitching about how everyone jumps to stupid generalizations?

Posted On:
    11/17/2011 6:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But do you spar? yes or not.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2011 7:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    But do you spar? yes or not.
    NO! As I said I cut shite at current time. But I sparred some time ago. With wooden swords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    And YOU'RE the guy bitching about how everyone jumps to stupid generalizations?
    Not generalisations, falsehoods.

Posted On:
    11/17/2011 7:07pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Then you LARP. Period.

No aliveness = LARP.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/17/2011 7:09pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kenning View Post
    Not generalisations, falsehoods.
    It's a falsehood that, in general, CMA and JMA gives one opinions on European history.

Posted On:
    11/17/2011 7:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How many major pages till kenning starts blaming the Jews?

Posted On:
    11/17/2011 8:07pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Considering the "theories" about japanese people being of jewish ancestry, I think he has already done that.
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 ... LastLast