Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast

Posted On:
    11/15/2011 5:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Clear evidence you say.

Hm... looks like an open and shut case to me.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    11/15/2011 5:10pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you recommend an affordable backyard cutter Longsword for me?

Posted On:
    11/15/2011 5:16pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any of these should do the trick.

=================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2011 6:19am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivington View Post
    Yes. And a ninny. Also, "dumb stinky jerks"—are you nine years old, son?
    "dumb stinky jerks" - I just quoted what I have heard from people and read on Internet. If they're simple minded, well, it's no a fault of my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
    Clear evidence you say.
    Hm... looks like an open and shut case to me.
    What about this one?
    http://0.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/3...13.006-007.jpg
    Same nonsense.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/16/2011 6:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now my final rant on a true Bullshidoka who actually promotes all the horsecrap I've been complaining about.

Do you know Peter Woodward ? Well he's the bald host of the "Conquest" series on History Channel. Stage fencer, dramatic fight arranger, stage combat instructor. But in the series he repeatedly cliams to be a "weapons historian" and "swordfighting instructor". In one episode he even puts himself on one leven with a Renaissance fencing master.

The problem with it is - he has no martial experience at all! No HEMA study, no JMA study, only his fake stage bashing made for movies! But in the series he's a 'real sword master', gathering a bunch of amateurs, giving them stage combat props and teaching "medieval sword arts". Everyone can search "conquest medieval broadsword" on YouTube and see by himself.

• There is literally no myth he has spared. 15 pound swords being 'primitive slashing weapons', shitty european metallurgy, clumsy knights, armor imitation tests (butted maille and stainless fantasy crappy plate), etc.
    • He keeps call all the swords "broadsword". Longsword? Arming sword? No, he's stuck to this Victorian bullshit term.
    • Amateurs who swing stage props around for the first time and then give "expert opinions" about historical medieval swords
    • Woodward seem to grasp there are medieval/renaissance fighting manuals, but he referred to them just once - Salvatore Fabris' rapier fencing. The rest of them, Royal Armouries MS I.33 or "Gladiatoria", dealing with longswords and arming swords are not mentioned at all. They would probably destroy his "primitive slashing and bashing weapon" bullcrap in a blink of an eye.
    • His knowledge of medieval Europe is smattering at best. If he doesn't even know how swords are properly named, what kind of "weapons historian" is he?

In short- Woodward knows a **** about Historical European Martial Arts, but keeps saying he IS an expert in Medieval Swordsmanship! Folks, it's Bullshido what he's doing!! Technically he is a fraud. He pretends to train arts he doesn't train. The final cut was his "Ninja" - episode, where our beloved straight bladed Ninjato appears. Besides our baldy man talked about ninjas as if he is a expert in Asian MA too.

Peter Woodward is not only uninformed and full of sh..., erh myths, but also pretends to be a certified instructor of european sword arts, he clearly isn't! Dramatic stage combat with fake swords is NOT a martial art and not HEMA. Funny enough, he excelled at promoting myths and pouring **** upon Europe as usual.

Phew... I'm done now, there is no more anger in there.

Posted On:
    11/16/2011 9:53am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But... ninjas didn't use guns...
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Dipshit

Posted On:
    11/16/2011 10:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kenning View Post
    Now my final rant on a true Bullshidoka who actually promotes all the horsecrap I've been complaining about.

Do you know Peter Woodward ? Well he's the bald host of the "Conquest" series on History Channel. Stage fencer, dramatic fight arranger, stage combat instructor. But in the series he repeatedly cliams to be a "weapons historian" and "swordfighting instructor". In one episode he even puts himself on one leven with a Renaissance fencing master.

The problem with it is - he has no martial experience at all! No HEMA study, no JMA study, only his fake stage bashing made for movies! But in the series he's a 'real sword master', gathering a bunch of amateurs, giving them stage combat props and teaching "medieval sword arts". Everyone can search "conquest medieval broadsword" on YouTube and see by himself.

• There is literally no myth he has spared. 15 pound swords being 'primitive slashing weapons', shitty european metallurgy, clumsy knights, armor imitation tests (butted maille and stainless fantasy crappy plate), etc.
    • He keeps call all the swords "broadsword". Longsword? Arming sword? No, he's stuck to this Victorian bullshit term.
    • Amateurs who swing stage props around for the first time and then give "expert opinions" about historical medieval swords
    • Woodward seem to grasp there are medieval/renaissance fighting manuals, but he referred to them just once - Salvatore Fabris' rapier fencing. The rest of them, Royal Armouries MS I.33 or "Gladiatoria", dealing with longswords and arming swords are not mentioned at all. They would probably destroy his "primitive slashing and bashing weapon" bullcrap in a blink of an eye.
    • His knowledge of medieval Europe is smattering at best. If he doesn't even know how swords are properly named, what kind of "weapons historian" is he?

In short- Woodward knows a **** about Historical European Martial Arts, but keeps saying he IS an expert in Medieval Swordsmanship! Folks, it's Bullshido what he's doing!! Technically he is a fraud. He pretends to train arts he doesn't train. The final cut was his "Ninja" - episode, where our beloved straight bladed Ninjato appears. Besides our baldy man talked about ninjas as if he is a expert in Asian MA too.

Peter Woodward is not only uninformed and full of sh..., erh myths, but also pretends to be a certified instructor of european sword arts, he clearly isn't! Dramatic stage combat with fake swords is NOT a martial art and not HEMA. Funny enough, he excelled at promoting myths and pouring **** upon Europe as usual.

Phew... I'm done now, there is no more anger in there.
    Your right learning how to sword fight out of context from a 500 year old book is much better. You do realize you are a LARPer right?? How is this thread not in YMAS??
    Last edited by Bneterasedmynam; 11/16/2011 10:27am at .

:)

Posted On:
    11/16/2011 10:30am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good OP, and subsequent addition.

I hear too many inaccuracies from people who believe the movies they've seen. It's as though they figure someone in there was accountable to history, when they shot the thing.

Amadeus, Gotti, The r3al Bruce Lee story (dragon), I've had people quote "truths" from all of these to me. Hell, someone I knew tried once to tell me some slaves liked being property, using "Gone with the Wind" (I wish I were kidding), as an example.

Movies are entertainment, and artistic license is commonplace, but in today's world, too many give authority to depictions that are wildly false, and verifiably so. Certainly this is true with books in the past, but it still sucks.

In music history...forget about it. Too many myths, and exaggerations, falsehoods, and inane speculation.

Posted On:
    11/16/2011 10:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
    But... ninjas didn't use guns...
    Your post got me thinking, is it possible that HEMA is the western equivalent of ninjutsu?? Both rely heavily on hypothetical lore, and both use centuries old "training manuals" with poorly drawn pictures. Just a thought.

Posted On:
    11/16/2011 11:06am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Your post got me thinking, is it possible that HEMA is the western equivalent of ninjutsu?? Both rely heavily on hypothetical lore, and both use centuries old "training manuals" with poorly drawn pictures. Just a thought.
    Apparently proof that both: 1. ninjas touch people, and 2. ninjas are suceptible to firearms

Last edited by Sri Hanuman; 11/16/2011 11:24am at .
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Dipshit
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast