Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. #21
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    13,092
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let's not forget cryptozoography. Because nothing screams History like Bigfoot.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Inland Empire, California
    Posts
    1,151
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Let's not forget cryptozoography. Because nothing screams History like Bigfoot.
    Monster Quest was such a massive let down. First episode they caught a giant squid on camera and then 3 seasons (in which they found not a damned thing) later the best they can do is trying to find great white sharks in the Atlantic....

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    383
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    Monster Quest was such a massive let down. First episode they caught a giant squid on camera and then 3 seasons (in which they found not a damned thing) later the best they can do is trying to find great white sharks in the Atlantic....
    But they did expose the "rods" as just glitches on the camera when an insect flies by or something. THAT was satisfying at least.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    383
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SCInferno View Post
    Let's not forget Freemasons and Ancient Aliens....maybe Freemasons ARE Ancient Aliens..
    Did you see that south park episode about thanksgiving? That was hilarious. Ancient Aliens and thanksgiving.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Inland Empire, California
    Posts
    1,151
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew WA View Post
    But they did expose the "rods" as just glitches on the camera when an insect flies by or something. THAT was satisfying at least.
    They found that in some cases that could explain the rods BUT they also conceded that some examples of rods did not fit that hypothesis. So the mystery lives on.

  6. #26
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,891
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorekara View Post
    Ha'ole: Isn't that a racist name Hawaiians have for white people?
    Sometimes but not specifically.
    More or less (and depending who you ask)it means without "ha" or "breath of life", as the white settlers didn't share their "ha". They didn't honi (breath kiss).
    This applies to all foreigners to Hawai'i really.
    That said it can be used colloquially as one would "the n word" but usually just means white with no negative connotation. "Fuckin' haole" is another matter of course.
    My mom is haole and i'd have no problem calling her that.

    It also doesn't have an ʻokina, it's just spelled "haole".
    Last edited by ChenPengFi; 11/14/2011 2:06am at . Reason: spelling

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,535
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crappler View Post
    Just be glad we kicked their asses in WWII.
    Looks to me as though you still are...:-)

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    383
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeADragon View Post
    They found that in some cases that could explain the rods BUT they also conceded that some examples of rods did not fit that hypothesis. So the mystery lives on.
    No it doesnt! I refuse to believe that. In my mind that show satisfied me by completing something. The other episodes are a waste of time. Who cares about capturing photos of deer and racoons!

    Also on the History Channel I learned about Stan Lee Presents Superhumans! Like the guy with stretchy skin and the guy who can hit a nail with his head.

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    340
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Let's not forget cryptozoography. Because nothing screams History like Bigfoot.
    I prefer the more intellectual shows, like when Meltzer uncovers super secret documents that point him to absolutely nothing.

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Inland Empire, California
    Posts
    1,151
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew WA View Post
    No it doesnt! I refuse to believe that. In my mind that show satisfied me by completing something. The other episodes are a waste of time. Who cares about capturing photos of deer and racoons!

    Also on the History Channel I learned about Stan Lee Presents Superhumans! Like the guy with stretchy skin and the guy who can hit a nail with his head.
    Pretty damn sad that after all these years we are exactly where we were with Leonard Nimoy all those years ago. He was a better narrator too.

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO