Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2004 12:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

growth and weight training

i started weight training a few weeks ago and was wondering what i should expect on average for "growth" ie. what kind of weight gain over what time period is considered "average" so that i can kinda plan my weight classes. i am lifting 3 times a week and while not on a "perfect" diet i generally get 2500-3000 calories and a ton of protien.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2004 1:40pm

Style: Deciding On A Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What are your stats willy & what's your goal?

There's a guy on here named JackHanma who helped me with the same thing :D
    If he doesn't see your post, PM him because he really knows his stuff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2004 1:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i am 5'10'' bout 165

i have no "goals" persay for growth, my weight training is so that i am stronger, which will include more muscle mass. but basicly i just want a general idea of how much growth is normal.

pwning ninjas since 2004

Posted On:
    4/01/2004 1:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Street Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You may need a little more than 3000 calories a day if you want to optimize your growth while weight training. How many reps are you doing in what kind of sets?
    Deluxe247 tells it like it is:

you ninja fags just got owned in a bad way. this thread should go to the classics and mega thread forum due to the sheer size of taebo_master and gajusceaser's penis. (with which they just smacked across these ninja's faces)

This Classic Thread - http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9653&perpage=15&pagenum ber=14

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    4/01/2004 2:16pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Weight lifting in slow going man, for anyone. Even a mesomorph cant expect huge leaps when he first starts weight training. Theres really no way to tell what you'll gain because it depends on your metabolism, how much activity you perform in any given day, how much rest you have etc. Just be really consistent when you first start with weights. Tell yourself that you're no going to miss a day for a month and workout on schedule. Get into a routine. After lifting a while you probably wont need more than 45 minutes a day for 4 days a week to maintain a good strength gain and a little size.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    4/01/2004 3:17pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Someone who has first started weight training usually sees LARGE gains in strength at first, which then slow down significantly. This is because the CNS undergoes some changes and makes the innervation to those muscles much more efficient. Once this occurs, future strength gains are primarily due to muscle growth. As far as calories are concerned, for a moderately active male at 165 lbs, your maintenance calories are approximately 2994.75 per day. That's the amount you should consume to maintain your current bodyweight. If you wanted to gain say. 20 lbs, then your daily calorie consumption should be approximately 3357.75.

If you're interested, I'm a certified personal trainer, so feel free to PM, email or IM me anytime you like and I'd be happy to help you work out a routine.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Posted On:
    4/01/2004 3:53pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What they said.

Your MA training is a factor, sets and reps a factor, progressive weights a factor.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido