Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    in transition
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Pay to be an instructor...

I know you can learn valuable stuff online and on dvds but I've recently been trying to learn Krav and KFM, and I've found two things...

You can take a 3 day course without any MA experience (as long as you have 1350) and watch 12 hours of instructor videos and start teaching people Keysi Fighting Method.

You can take a 2 day course without any MA experience and become an instructor in Krav Maga.

That means me, as good as I may think I am with my whole three years in martial arts, as long as I could pay, could start advertising myself as a KFM & Krav Maga instructor. even though KFM say 'rank can't be bought' it seems as though it can.

I'd just like some opinions on this. Do you think watching DVD's and 3 days training is enough to be an instructor in fighting?

I have a lot of respect for KFM and KM as systems from what I have seen and studied, but I can't help thinking this is cheapening. It worries me that instructors can have such little experience, despite the verbal bashing i get daily on Bullshido I suppose this is a very necessary website for discussing things like this and Mcdojos.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasperroe View Post
    I'd just like some opinions on this. Do you think watching DVD's and 3 days training is enough to be an instructor in fighting?
    No. Being a good martial artist demands proficiency that develops over time. Being a martial arts teacher requires the above, and also the ability to teach well, which also develops over time. Three days isn't enough to learn either of those things well enough to be teaching others.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you bad mouth Fitzroy Davies who as well as being an elite Judoka, coached a world champion and then with in a few days start asking fucktarded questions about whether flipping over a grand to some Krav Mcfag for video learning is a good investment...

You're either spectacularly stupid or a terrible troll, either way you need to re-evaluate your relationship with martial arts, before some pissed off student of Fitz comes and rings your bell.

Style
    in transition
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i havent badmouthed any judo instructor. I thought the judo classes ive been to the instruction was really good and i learned a lot, i just felt that i was very intimidated and the style of teaching made me feel quite upset to be honest. I never doubted his credentials or his ability as a teacher i just felt very intimidated.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And you are interested in becoming a krav/kfm instructor?

honestly thats just a way for them to make money, its mcdojoish tactics.

Style
    in transition
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have not badmouthed fitzroy davies either, having just looked him up. I have attended classes with him and he was a great instructor. I was being paired up with a guy who wasnt a bb and he intimidated me enough that i didn't want to go back, so i wrote that i thought he had an ego problem...i was quite upset at the time. Please do not assume I am badmouthing chief instructors if I use the term 'instructor', although I accept your point and will not be returning to bullshido until I am not so 'incredibly stupid' (or naive) about MA.

Style
    Boxing, Solar Ray Attack
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No man! I heard what you said. Me and my crew are coming to tool you up tonight! Better start watching those videos in fast forward.

NOBODY messes with the FITZ!
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do not troll the newbs in Newbietown, or unless you're seeking a temp ban.

I like you both judoka_uk and jubei33, but I will enforce the rules regardless of how I feel personally.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is in newbietown? Was it moved? Could have sworn it was in YMAS.

Fair enough, fair cop infract away.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All the guy did was post about how his class went and he didn't bad mouth anybody. Maybe there's no need to jump down his throat, big man?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last