Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2011 4:28pm

Style: MMA, Hoshinsul

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Master Park Martial Arts

These guys are about 20 minutes from me. I've talked to a few of their students in casual situations and I suspect some kool aid drinking (things along the lines of poison strikes and dim mak). These claims aren't evident on his webpage, but he does have a pretty long resume: http://www.masterpark.com/philosophy.htm
    • Grand Master Park:
      50 years of martial arts experience,
      Served Korean Army Special Forces,
      Certified School Teacher, Mechanical Engineer, Quality Control Engineer, Industrial Safety Engineer and Industrial Fire Prevention Engineer.
      Taught 100,000sí people Ages 2-90, at 100sí of kindergartens, elementary schools, middle schools, high schools, universities, martial arts clubs, Police, Armed Forces, security personnel, Ice Hockey Teams, YSU Football Team, soccer teams, baseball teams, softball teams and many other sports teams and Individuals.
      Performed 1000sí of exhibitions internationally.
      President and main instructor of martial arts clubs over 500 members during the high school and college years.
      Founder and charter president of National college & high school clubs of Lions International in Korea.
      Volunteered and served 100s' of community work and projects internationally.
      Founder of Baseball League of Changwon Special City in Korea.
      President of U.S. Martial Arts Championship, United Stated Martial Arts Championship,
      World Sports, Martial Arts & Exhibitions national and international events for the past 20 years.
      Member of Rotary International of Boardman

Master Park Martial Arts training is an action philosophy. It utilizes Hapkiyudo, Taekwondo, Judo, Karate, Yudo, Hapkido, Hwarangdo, Jujitsu, Aikido, TaiChi, Ssirum, Korean martial arts and other Oriental martial arts. It is designed as a non-violent art and system of complete body, mind and spirit exercises as well as being a way of life.
    The Judo and Jujitsu claims should be easy to verify, but I don't know whether they could be referred to as "non-violent" by a true practitioner

I plan to make a trip down there and see what actually goes on in a class. They are pretty suspicious, but I don't think I can know for sure until I go. I will try and have video of the whole thing if possible.

In the meantime I will send some emails and make some phone calls.

Can anyone with more experience suggest how to approach/interact with these people? Also, any other discussion and suggestions would be encouraged and appreciated.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2011 5:16pm

Style: HEMA (out of practice)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you launching an investigation of Mr. Park and/or his style, or were you just planning on writing a review of the school?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/12/2011 12:54am

Style: Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Southpaw View Post
    These guys are about 20 minutes from me. I've talked to a few of their students in casual situations and I suspect some kool aid drinking (things along the lines of poison strikes and dim mak). These claims aren't evident on his webpage, but he does have a pretty long resume: http://www.masterpark.com/philosophy.htm
    I doubt a chain of commercial schools will teach anything approaching dimmak. I would imagine this is about students fantasizing and/or exaggerating what amounts to basic knowledge about pressure points.

The Judo and Jujitsu claims should be easy to verify, but I don't know whether they could be referred to as "non-violent" by a true practitioner
    I assume non-violent = defensive. The way they have Yudo (Korean Judo) listed makes it look like they teach it as a separate class but do not have a schedule listed. This is really the only thing I find particularly funny about this group.

I plan to make a trip down there and see what actually goes on in a class. They are pretty suspicious, but I don't think I can know for sure until I go. I will try and have video of the whole thing if possible.
    Really from what I see it looks like they mainly teach Hapkiyudo, which doesn't sound like anything different or more alarming than any other variant of Hapkido. This is why in their description page the arts they actually teach are described fully and the ones they don't actually teach are only mentioned. I may have missed something but I didn't see where they actually mention teaching you how to play ssireum, Tai Chi, Jujitsu etc. competently.
    Also I really don't think video is going to help anything other than make you look suspicious and somewhat of a pest.

Can anyone with more experience suggest how to approach/interact with these people? Also, any other discussion and suggestions would be encouraged and appreciated.
    Tell them you are interested in their classes and try to take a trial class or two. Be polite and give them a fair shot. I really don't think you're going to find anything earth-shattering here, maybe Mcdojo practices and compliant training which would at least help give prospective students a heads up.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    11/12/2011 2:04am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Moved from MABS.

Master Park aka Choson Ninja - NOT MABS WORTHY

Discussed to death on this site. Use the search function

*IF* you're really considering training with these fucking douches, this website isn't the place for you.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/12/2011 4:35am

Style: Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't think that was Greg Park. It's really bizarre but I can't find any mention of "Master" Park's full name. That's a little weird.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    11/12/2011 7:01am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Park's weird full stop.

~Ella Wheeler

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    11/12/2011 7:40am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 11/12/2011 7:45am at .

~Ella Wheeler

On hiatus

Posted On:
    11/12/2011 8:17am

supporting member
     Style: Getting fat.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait umm, it's not the same guy... is it?

I mean this guy has an actual McDojo, Choson trained outside and on Youtube.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    11/12/2011 8:44am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Wait umm, it's not the same guy... is it?

I mean this guy has an actual McDojo, Choson trained outside and on Youtube.
    Same guy.. Same idiot.

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/12/2011 3:48pm

Style: MMA, Hoshinsul

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did do a search on him here, but the guy not having his first name on the page made things difficult (a search for "hapkiyudo" on this forum didn't yield any results either). I had no idea this guy and Choson Ninja were one in the same, so I apologize for bringing up a subject that has been previously beat to death. Also, if you check my style field, you will note is says "Western Boxing" I train at Salem boxing club and have no wish to train at master park. The place was very fishy and I just wanted to investigate as he seems to have quite a following in the area. So, once again, I'm sorry and I'll just drop this project. I knew about choson ninja, I just was unaware they were the same person. I would also like to say that I've been at this website for quite some time now (I don't post much because most of the time, anything that needs to be said has already been said by someone else) and it's definitely the place for me; I really approve of what the community here does to expose the frauds and the lies that exist in martial arts today.
    Last edited by Grey_Southpaw; 11/12/2011 3:51pm at .
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast