• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast

Posted On:
    11/10/2011 4:52pm

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why worry? Bob is spent force with his best days behind him.

He's no longer at the centre of the "Big Fights" competing only against Don King.

Hence his, er, "unfortunate" manner in the vid.

Why worry?

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    11/10/2011 6:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Apple View Post
    Is this an official UFC/Zuffa made promo ? Is this airing on broadcast TV or is it just a Youtube thing ? Brilliant either way.
    The videos on that YouTube channel are done by the UFC but are meant to have a faintly fan-made-viral quality so they spread better.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    11/10/2011 8:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm excited about every aspect of this event. I also hope this event shows more corporate sponsors that the UFC is a brand that can appeal to their consumers. Some companies still feel it's too "low class" for their brand.

Also JDS> Cain by tko in round 3.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2011 9:30pm

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First and foremost, I'm a boxing fan -- who also doubles as a casual MMA fan. Here's my opinion on the upcoming weekend.

As a PPV, Pacquiao-Marquez sucks. Beating a 38-year-old Marquez at welterweight proves nothing. This would have been a more relevant fight two years ago.

Cotto-Margarito II is a much better PPV -- even if Cotto and Margarito weren't on there. I mean, look at that undercard.

That said, Pacquiao-Marquez III is happening because the casual fans demand it. It's a sequel to two classics that will probably be remembered for quite some time -- and will "settle some questions".

Because of this, even if you're a casual boxing fan, you'll probably not tune into UFC anyway. Once again, this is just Arum blowing smoke simply because controversy sells.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/11/2011 8:53am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpoet View Post
    First and foremost, I'm a boxing fan -- who also doubles as a casual MMA fan. Here's my opinion on the upcoming weekend.

As a PPV, Pacquiao-Marquez sucks. Beating a 38-year-old Marquez at welterweight proves nothing. This would have been a more relevant fight two years ago.

Cotto-Margarito II is a much better PPV -- even if Cotto and Margarito weren't on there. I mean, look at that undercard.

That said, Pacquiao-Marquez III is happening because the casual fans demand it. It's a sequel to two classics that will probably be remembered for quite some time -- and will "settle some questions".

Because of this, even if you're a casual boxing fan, you'll probably not tune into UFC anyway. Once again, this is just Arum blowing smoke simply because controversy sells.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    Pacquiao-Marquez III is happening because Pacquiao-Mayweather isn't, and Pacquiao has to fight somebody. The boxing establishment doesn't give a **** about what the casual fans demand. If that were the case, the casual fan wouldn't be subjected to watching the champ fight a guy he's already avenged a draw to for the third time.

I know the first two fights were close, but at some point you have to leave well enough alone. That fight is a joke (which, in fairness, you pointed out). What if Marquez wins? Are they going to fight four or five times?
    Last edited by Devil; 11/11/2011 9:00am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2011 9:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    Pacquiao-Marquez III is happening because Pacquiao-Mayweather isn't, and Pacquiao has to fight somebody. The boxing extablishment doesn't give a **** about what the casual fans demand. If that were the case, the casual fan wouldn't be subjected to watching the champ fight a guy he's already avenged a draw to for the third time.

I know the first two fights were close, but at some point you have to leave well enough alone. That fight is a joke (which, in fairness, you pointed out). What if Marquez wins? Are they going to fight four or five times?
    No offense, but you're neither Mexican nor Filipino -- which is who this fight is targeted for. If you spend any time beyond this board, you'll know this is a debate the Pacquiao and Marquez fans -- who are actually quite different from *legit* boxing fans -- have been having for years. In fact, rumors of this fight pretty much destroyed the hype of Manny's previous fight.

If this were a case of Pacquiao "fighting someone", he probably would have fought Senchenko instead -- lots of money in that fight, as Freddy Roach has pointed out many times.

Frankly, I'm glad this fight is happening because I'm sick and tired of hearing about Pacquiao-Marquez, almost as much as I'm tired of hearing about Pacquiao-Mayweather. There's been better match-ups in boxing than this, and there will continue to be. Let's hope Pacquiao wins -- because this is the last time I want to hear about there being any "questions".

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/11/2011 9:16am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpoet View Post
    No offense, but you're neither Mexican nor Filipino -- which is who this fight is targeted for. If you spend any time beyond this board, you'll know this is a debate the Pacquiao and Marquez fans -- who are actually quite different from *legit* boxing fans -- have been having for years. In fact, rumors of this fight pretty much destroyed the hype of Manny's previous fight.

If this were a case of Pacquiao "fighting someone", he probably would have fought Senchenko instead -- lots of money in that fight, as Freddy Roach has pointed out many times.

Frankly, I'm glad this fight is happening because I'm sick and tired of hearing about Pacquiao-Marquez, almost as much as I'm tired of hearing about Pacquiao-Mayweather. There's been better match-ups in boxing than this, and there will continue to be. Let's hope Pacquiao wins -- because this is the last time I want to hear about there being any "questions".
    My mother is Mexican and my father is Filipino, and we want to see Manny fight Floyd.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    11/11/2011 9:34am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will laugh my arse off if Marquez wins.

It seems crazy that Floyd has let it go on this long, every time either of them fights someone else they're putting an enormous ****-load of potential earnings in deadly peril.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2011 1:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honestly, Pacquiao-Mayweather is going to suck. There, I said it. After three years of hype, how the hell will that fight ever live up?

The problem with Pacquiao-Mayweather is that everyone who doesn't follow boxing thinks its the best possible fight. It's not even the best possible fight for Mayweather or Pacquiao -- except in terms of payday.

If Pacquiao-Mayweather becomes half the fight Kirkland-Angulo was last weekend, or one quarter of the fight Wolak-Rodriguez was last July, I will eat my hat.

Posted On:
    11/11/2011 1:32pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The discussion thread for the event is up as well.

UFC on Fox 1: Velasquez vs. Dos Santos - Nov. 12, 2011
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=111112
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast