Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2011 2:56pm

Style: BJJ / freestyle wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    about the fight itself... only seen it once, but it seemed to me that Cain thought he could hang with JDS in the trading department and paid for it. yes, he did got for the TD once, but i think he underestimated what seems to be the lethally atomic striking of JDS.|

IMO give Cain to Greg Jackson, and he'd of dominated JDS for 5 rounds. maybe TKO stoppage, as i believe Cain to be quite superior on the ground. but then maybe we'd all be moaning about having another GSP who isn't "exciting"...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2011 3:46pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's a pretty stark line drawn between criticism and complaining. Did I think the fight was bad? Of course not. It was nice to see a knockout. Did I like the format? Not especially, no. I understand the need to turn it into a human interest story, I just think they dragged it out too long. I feel sorry for people who were just being introduced to MMA, because they missed an awesome night of fights on Facebook. The UFC really should have re-streamed those fights after the event (I looked but didn't see it if they did) and then, more importantly, directed people to it on Facebook at the end of the program. So, to be clear: I liked the fight, I thought the whole thing could have been handled better, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Josh View Post
    That fight had two possible outcomes a big KO or a 5 round clinch snooze fest. It demonstrated what happens when you get hit really fucking hard by 4oz. Gloves and a wad of tape and gauze on your hands will do.
    5 round clinch snooze fest? Velasquez has only ever gone the distance against Cheick Kongo, in what was a constantly active grappling match with tons of ground and pound. Every other fight ended in a knockout. Dos Santos only ever went to decision against Roy Nelson and Shane Carwin, otherwise every fight (aside from an early submission) likewise a knockout. There's nothing there to even hint at a snooze fest, or if there is I don't see it. Someone was getting knocked out, the question was when and who.

:)

Posted On:
    11/15/2011 4:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it was probable they'd go the distance, I wouldn't have been excited to see it.

It was just the kind of HW fight I love. I hope the reem vs brock is that intense, and won't complain if it's 20 seconds long, barring early stoppage.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/17/2011 3:24am

Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I missed it and had to download it. Unfortunately the prelim fights were commented in Spanish and did not include everyone on the card, such as Alex Casseres.

My 2 cents, aside from way too big a ratio of commentary to televised fighting, what is with the history of the sport being introduced by someone who sounds like he smokes 12 packs a day? I skipped most of the commentary, but I wasn't much of a fan of Dana or that Fox guy, Brock was okay, but they should have left it to professionals such as Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan. Really, if only Dana would hire someone to talk for him. His problem is as UFC president he has no fear of losing his job.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    11/17/2011 1:37pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphilis View Post
    stupid planning. Why did they only show one fight?
    Because it was cheaper to show the rest on the internet and still get the ratings they wanted on the broadcast network. The suits probably never factored in the fact that UFC != boxing and the chance for a KO is far greater. But trust me Fox is laughing all the way to the bank no matter what we think, they got the numbers they wanted.

I remember Fox's debut...Fox's NFL debut....it was all very, very terrible.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678