222457 Bullies, 4454 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/14/2011 5:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Super8astard View Post
    This fight revealed a lot about several people. It confirmed Brock isn't the ass-hat people give him **** for. He called out Dana at every opportunity where a guy like Florian would've just said "you're absolutely right boss." It also showed how humble Brock is in complimenting Cain for whipping his ass.

If anyone had any doubt at what a tool Dana is, his mouth should've erased it for good this time. ****-talk you new HW champion and criticize the old one for not doing what you think he should've, even though he did try a takedown in the first 20 secs?

JDS is an excellent representative for the sport. He's shown he can talk trash without sounding trashy and back it up, and still show the utmost respect for his opponent before and after the fight.

Cain showed he can accept a KO loss without bitching or making excuses. He also confirmed he can't take the punishment he can dish. Kinda like when Roy Jones Jr was proven human, no one has fought him with the same reluctance in the ring. I expect Cain to have the same thing happen to him in his next few fights.

Fox as network has shown mma has no place there. The format was terrible, the pre-game show was clue-less, post-game report was Fox News-ish, and I'm only fairly sure they showed a fight. I saw a replay when I came back from the bathroom, but that doesn't really confirm anything... I can only imagine the execs at Spike looked like Overeem staring at a horse after this event.
    To me, Brock only confirmed he is a gigantic fucking tool, but that's just my opinion.

I also disagree with your assertion that Cain proved he can't take punishment. Remember - 4 ounce gloves.....Heavyweight fighters.....**** happens.

And Roy Jones never became human. He just became old.

Posted On:
    11/14/2011 5:31pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He also confirmed he can't take the punishment he can dish.
    I don't know about you, but I really can't think of anyone who could have taken that punch and not dropped. Going down from a clean shot to the temple thrown by a heavyweight with cannonballs for hands doesn't mean you have no chin. Velasquez got nailed right on the button- that IS why they call it "the button".

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    11/14/2011 5:44pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Without a doubt 80% of MMA fans are the whiniest bunch of bitches on the planet.

A clash of the titans happened live on network TV that lasted only a minute waaaaaaaaaaa! (tyson v spinks) Fox's production sucked waaaaaaaaaaa! (another gladiator montage?) They talked to much waaaaaaaaaaa! (NFL pregame and post game shows)It was only one fight waaaaaaaaaaa!(last free big boxing event?)

Grow the **** up.

That fight had two possible outcomes a big KO or a 5 round clinch snooze fest. It demonstrated what happens when you get hit really fucking hard by 4oz. Gloves and a wad of tape and gauze on your hands will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk please ignore typos.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

Posted On:
    11/14/2011 6:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Moving forward, if Overeem tries to enter in a performance similar to the one against Werdum he's not going to be fighting JDS at all.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/14/2011 10:44pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please win Overeem.

:)

Posted On:
    11/15/2011 5:56am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Odacon View Post
    Moving forward, if Overeem tries to enter in a performance similar to the one against Werdum he's not going to be fighting JDS at all.
    I mostly blamed Werdum for that shitfest. After the Fedor fight, would you advise jumping in his guard? He threw him down plenty, but why go the only place he's threatened.

I pick Overeem over Brock, via 1st or early 2nd round KO, or late 1st round guillotine.

EDIT: Lesnar is huge, but I just don't see him as crisp enough to hang, or seasoned enough to avoid all of the Reem's tools.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/15/2011 8:02am

supporting member
     Style: age&treachery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If no one else has said it, congrats to Coach Josh on Poirier's excellent performance. Looking forward to more.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2011 10:33am

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In case you're wondering what the rest of the world is saying about UFC on FOX, here are some excerpts from mainstream media sources from the last two days.

Fox's UFC Broadcast a Hit with Viewers - The New York Times
    "One reason Fox acquired the rights to the U.F.C. on broadcast and cable (FX) was to attract the often elusive demographic of young viewers, especially men 18 to 34. According to Nielsen figures, the U.F.C. broadcast generated a 4.3 rating among men 18 to 34, more than any college football telecast this season (through Nov. 5) except for the Louisiana State-Alabama game on Nov. 5."

A Few Thoughts about Tonight's UFC Fight - The San Francisco Chronicle
    "Beyond the forgettable fight, most of the first UFC on Fox was well done. The broadcast team did a good job of keeping things simple for new fans, and then airing two mini-documentaries that revealed Dos Santos and Velasquez as introspective, humble and intelligent people. My UFC-averse wife was riveted, and ended up watching the fight with me. Velasquez' apology to fans after the fight also showed class. Even if the fight was a letdown, the broadcast did its job in breaking some false stereotypes about mixed martial arts."

UFC on FOX: What the Media is Saying - The Hollywood Reporter
    "Reaction to the broadcast ranged from the humorous to the general consensus that Fox has a winner with the franchise."

Fight Night in America - Esquire
    "Cain Velasquez walked into the cage, petrified, and they stared at each other and they kicked some little kicks and then, a minute into the kicking and the staring, Dos Santos sent a loopy and rather laughably slow right hook to Velasquez's left ear. Velasquez dropped to the canvas and then Dos Santos went and hit the s--- out of him eleven times. The referee took his sweet time to stop it. It was over. There was no blood. It wasn't very exciting."

Notes And Thoughts About UFC On Fox - Broadcasting and Cable
    "Seriously, I read a lot of people on Twitter and elsewhere saying the 64-second KO was a nightmare for Fox. You couldn't be more wrong. People don't tune into UFC to see a ballet, especially the heavyweights. They tune into see someone get punched or kicked in the face and go to sleep. Sorry to say it out loud, but it's true. Believe me, I love the technical aspects of a beautiful ground game as much as anyone, but when heavyweights bang, the fans want a KO, and they got a big one."

Dos Santos Claims Velasquez's Belt in FOX Show - Associated Press
    "Any newcomers to the sport who tuned in got a taste of MMA's violence, but not much else -- particularly if they returned late from a commercial break. Or even if they blinked."

UFC Proves It's Here to Stay - The (Toronto) Globe and Mail
    "Resistance is futile. UFC is here to stay. Or, as our mother used to say, until somebody loses an eye."

UFC Was Never Meant for Mainstream - The International Business Times
    "It's not the management of the UFC that will prohibit the sport from moving forward. The UFC will continue to expand its brand name recognition, and people will continue to tune in and watch the big fights. Mixed-martial arts isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and, therefore, UFC won't be going anywhere either. But as for UFC being part of a dinner conversation in most American homes, that will never, ever happen. The sport is too volatile on too many levels."

UFC Makes History with first Primetime Event on FOX - York Daily Record
    "I'm not sure it gave new fans a full taste of what the sport's about - but hey, Mike Tyson fights used to end like that too. MMA fans, I think, are satisfied as long as they are entertained. And for a minute and four seconds, it was just that."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/11/1...ere-generally/

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/15/2011 10:47am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just read Dos Santos was on crutches with a knee injury the week before the fight. He's got surgery scheduled.

Posted On:
    11/15/2011 10:49am

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Josh View Post
    Without a doubt 80% of MMA fans are the whiniest bunch of bitches on the planet.

A clash of the titans happened live on network TV that lasted only a minute waaaaaaaaaaa! (tyson v spinks) Fox's production sucked waaaaaaaaaaa! (another gladiator montage?) They talked to much waaaaaaaaaaa! (NFL pregame and post game shows)It was only one fight waaaaaaaaaaa!(last free big boxing event?)

Grow the **** up.

That fight had two possible outcomes a big KO or a 5 round clinch snooze fest. It demonstrated what happens when you get hit really fucking hard by 4oz. Gloves and a wad of tape and gauze on your hands will do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk please ignore typos.
    Sentiment agreed. It's one of those oddities in Life that the people who complain the most are those who get it for free.

When you've paid, you're more invested in the event.

(But I didn't see it - probably an ESPN problem here in London. Oh well...)
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast