His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.
Posted On:11/13/2011 7:26am
1. Junior - **** yeah!
2. It was a huge risk putting Brock Lesnar, who may be the hardest person to like on the whole planet, front and center of your biggest show ever. I cringed every time he spoke. He was annoying and I still think they could've chosen someone better, but he didn't completely bomb like I expected.
3. I thought the general production was good. It felt like a big sporting event in a format we're accustomed to seeing, at least in America.
4. There was some brief commentary at the beginning about the history of the sport, the rules, etc. I hope to never, ever see this in an MMA event again. It's lame. If people don't know the rules by now, **** 'em. They'll figure it out. They don't do that for a football game or a basketball game. They shouldn't do it for MMA either.
5. The fight did feel a bit anticlimactic. That can happen with one fight on the card. Any MMA event will always be more fulfilling with multiple fights on the card.
6. Knowing what can happen with a one-fight heavyweight matchup, here's what pisses me off - Dana White AGAIN trashing his fighters. Second-guessing Cain's strategy. We don't even know what Cain's strategy was. The fight was too short. It irritates me that he took an apologetic tone about the fight. This is the sport. This is what happens in the sport. There's nothing to be sorry or pissed about.
7. Junior didn't get enough love after the fight. There was too much talk about Cain not being himself, Cain's strategy sucking, blah blah blah. Junior did what he was supposed to. He walked out to the cage and clubbed his opponent like a baby seal. MMA fans are lucky to have him representing the sport.
Posted On:11/13/2011 8:23am
Why all the bitching? You got a decisive KO victory from a punch that looked like something out of Street Fighter and a highly worthy new champion being crowned. No controversy, no shitty judging. What would have been way worse would have been if it had turned into a prolonged grapplefest ending in a hugely boring decision. That would have been poison for the UFCs Fox debut.
Cain looked slow on his feet and a bit chubby. Wasn't surprised at how it ended, but **** people who claim Cain has "a bad chin." That punch would have killed Godzilla, destroyed Fort Knox and made a prime Mark Hunt exclaim "I say, that was uncalled for!"
After Overroids flattens a disinterested Lesnar, I expect dos Santos vs Overeem to be the heavyweight brawl of the decade.
Posted On:11/13/2011 8:28am
Style: Getting fat.
@devil: spot on.
Not blaming the referee here, but I wish he would've given Cain an extra 5 seconds.
(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40
Posted On:11/13/2011 8:47am
agree with devil and shawarma.
Posted On:11/13/2011 8:52am
Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness
One minute and four seconds of fighting in an hour program, after a half hour of pre-fight hype and bullshit, probably has a lot to do with the bitching. Personally, I don't like how Dana walked face first into it and then got pissed off. The hype around this fight was more than just Cain v. Dos Santos, it was all the best foot forward BS. If I were not an mma fan, I would not have been impressed by last night's showing. It's not a fair reaction, but there it is.
That said, Dos Santos vs Overeem will be awesome but I wouldn't air that on Fox for the same reason Cain vs. Dos Santos was a risky proposition.
Posted On:11/13/2011 9:10am
Which begs the question: What fight SHOULD have been seen as a safe bet to air instead? No 5 second KO without the fight being boring.
Posted On:11/13/2011 9:31am
if this is the reaction the audience is going to have, it shouldn't be shown in this format in the first place. i'm surprised that people are surprised.
Posted On:11/13/2011 10:10am
ow cmom..That wasnt a KO! Cain was about to stand up again...the fight was ended to early, or either was rigged! Worst fight ive seen on UFC...Im brazilian but just cos of that i wont be giving all credit to Junior. Sorry if i hurt somebody feelings but its my opinion...**** fight!
Posted On:11/13/2011 11:19am
Style: BJJ & MMA
Why does Fox always have to crap up the stuff I love. First Firefly, now this. Stick with the format that's been working for about 20 years now. There are plenty of ways to watch UFC fights that don't include 30 minutes of pre-fight BS and then a single fight. If this is what Fox is going to do, myself and other tech-savvy fans will point our eyeballs elsewhere. This felt like a slap in the face.
Posted On:11/13/2011 12:17pm
Style: BJJ, Boxing, Muay Thai
stupid planning. Why did they only show one fight? Dana has been working this sport for a decade now, why the hell does he not realize that MMA can take anywhere from 0:01 minutes to the max? He should have planned 3 fights; 155; 185 and heavyweight. That way you're guaranteed at least one fight that'll last a bit. I doubt he got any new excited Pay per Viewers from this that wouldn't have tuned in otherwise.
his fail, but JDS did what he needed to. <3 JDS
Articles and Reviews
Tools and Info