insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Style: 
    (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Posted On:
    11/10/2011 9:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The real funny part of True2Form was when the guy who created/runs/referees True2Form created a Bullshido account, and survived all of one week (8/10 - 8/18) here before disappearing, no doubt, to continue to revolutionize kung fu by feeding into its worst misconceptions.

There are some fine gems in that thread:

Each True-2-Form Sparring match requires each contestant to do a short demo of her style before sparring. Safety gear is optional. Rules of Engagement are:

1. A competitor must be able to deliver his techniques with speed, timing and placement, executing them with control and accuracy. Force is not the key to success.
    Most of the contestants had never participated in sparring competition before; they felt that True-2-Form Sparring as much more meaningful.
    In True-2-Form, all male competitors were very conscientious. Master Clarke contributed this to their training in CMA, which they learn how to respect women and they will not take advantage of their size nor physical strength to knock out any female competitor.
    With the success of the Dallas tournament, the True-2-Form Sparring has proven itself to be a viable format. As Judge Steve Christopherson commented, this was the best thing that ever happened in CMA. We are excited to see history in the making.
    And, I'm pretty sure there was at least one actual call of bullshido on Cristophe, the True2Form guy:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=1#post2591178
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 11/10/2011 9:33am at .

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Style: 
    (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Posted On:
    11/10/2011 9:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Light Heavyweight

Style: 
    stick,Taiji, mountainbike

Posted On:
    11/10/2011 10:00am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did like when the guy operating the camera was yelling stuff like, yeah monkey and that was true sportsmanship. What the hell!! And everyone got excited at every slapfest engagement!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style: 
    Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

Posted On:
    11/10/2011 10:24am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ANY sport where someone yells "YEAH MONKEY!!!!" has got to be fucking awesome.
    Unless it's this. This is just ghey, and not the good kind.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

pro nonsense self defense

Style: 
    FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Posted On:
    11/10/2011 11:49am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bah, I've used monkey style in real competition!

Style: 

Posted On:
    11/10/2011 11:52am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Bah, I've used monkey style in real competition!
    Did you throw **** at your opponent?
    Did you hump his female afterwards?
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Dipshit

Style: 
    FMA

Posted On:
    11/10/2011 1:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm gonna play devil's advocate for a second. Although my first instinct is to laugh at these guys, I have to imagine that in a CMA framework this drill has some form of benefit.

The guys in the video didn't appear to have much focus or intensity, they appeared to flail about, I assume they were newbs. I think better skilled CMAers would provide a more entertaining show.

If you are training CMA because you have a hardon for Chinese arts and don't care about practicality, the drill shown might help develop your skill some. You get to train using your forms against random attacks with minimal resistance, anymore than minimal resistance and I think it would be hard to stay in form as demonstrated by the slapfests in this video.

In the second vid linked by Rabbit as soon as the host referred to MMAers as neanderthals his fighting cred went out the window. His checkers vs chess argument is crap, if he just admitted this was a drill and not meant to be real fighting would you give this form of competition more cred? I think it beats solo forms or at least adds more depth to those interested in CMA forms.

So come on guys put on your rose colored glasses, pick up that half full glass, and take that sunshine out of your pocket. Some one here has to see some good in this. Right?....Just not for fighting.
    Last edited by jspeedy; 11/10/2011 1:07pm at . Reason: horrible, horrible syntax

Style: 

Posted On:
    11/10/2011 1:08pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    I'm gonna play devil's advocate for a second. Although my first instinct is to laugh at these guys, I have to imagine that in a CMA framework this drill has some form of benefit.

The guys in the video didn't appear to have much focus or intensity, they appeared to flail about, I assume they were newbs. I think better skilled CMAers would provide a more entertaining show.

If you are training CMA because you have a hardon for Chinese arts and don't care about practicality, the drill shown might help develop your skill some. You get to train using your forms against random attacks with minimal resistance, anymore than minimal resistance and I think it would be hard to stay in form as demonstrated by the slapfests in this video.

The second the linked in the vid by Diesel referred to MMAers a neanderthals his fighting credibility went out the window. His checkers vs chess argument is crap, if he just admitted this was a drill and not meant to be real fighting would you give this form of competition more cred? I think it beats solo forms or at least adds more depth to those interested in CMA forms.

So come on guys put on your rose colored glasses, pick up that half full glass, and take that sunshine out of your pocket. Some one here has to see some good in this. Right?....Just not for fighting.
    The ground flailer wood element tactics failed against the opponent's earth element, making this an ineffective strategy from the get-go.

Clearly the dim mak applications were off, as the ST5 and LI1 points were struck at the wrong hour. Furthermore, the stances were not deep enough, and there was far too much force and muscling in the Yin technique.

Finally, no peaches were stolen.
    Clearly this makes everyone involved sad.
    So very very sad.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Dipshit

Style: 
    FMA

Posted On:
    11/10/2011 1:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^ LOL @ "no peaches were stolen".

Glad to see you agree with me! That post counted as an agreement right? I love being so wise.

solves problems with violence

Style: 
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Posted On:
    11/10/2011 1:57pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i actually disagree. in my sanda classes i could show sanda applicable uses for most of the hung ga techniques. they didn't look like the forms exactly, but they contained the essential elements of the technique.

to encourage students to try to spar with highly stylized forms versions of these techniques is irresponsible and shows a very limited understanding of TCMA (unless the style in question actually has *no* practical applications, in which case the style is just BS and was probably never used for fighting.)
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast