Yours truly

Posted On:
    11/07/2011 10:24pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Critique please. dwkfym v sirc

Trash talk thread is here: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=110907

Thank you Omega for letting me use your gym, even though I didn't really ask to begin with. Good luck to your guys in Hungary. I am sorry I missed you this time. Thanks sirc for the invitation and I had a lot of fun.

background: I'm coming out of over 3 months of not sparring, a month of being sick, and getting really fat. check out my dad gut.

Some things I already realize;
    both of us need to keep our hands up. I especially tend to drop them at crucial moments, i.e. during punching.

I'm missing out on a lot of countering opportunities

I have no ring control; I could and should have used my size advantage to bully sirc around and into a corner. totally out of my mind at the time.

My stamina sucks; I tend to do well when I'm high pressure and throw in volumes.

If anything above is wrong please add to the discussion, and anything else you see.
    www.pdsrifles.com Add us on facebook!
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/07/2011 11:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I gotta commit my left straight more.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    11/07/2011 11:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    funny thing is, we're exactly the same height with equally short arms and legs
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/07/2011 11:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And yet you're way fatter than me.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    11/07/2011 11:44pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good movement both of you.

I feel bad for dwkfym your rust is showing in your range problems. That is the first thing I lose too. You gotta stop holding your right hand in that T-rex position. lol

Sirc be meaner. You can take advantage of opportunities without hurting your sparring partners. You gotta stop posing at the end of combinations. Its not a beauty contest. :)

Are you both left handed or did Sirc manage to use TKD mind games to get dwkfym to fight switch stance?

Yours truly

Posted On:
    11/08/2011 12:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Both lefties.

How can I stop holding my hand like that? I AM T-rex. Big head, thick legs, short arms. Sirc can run away into a corner and I wouldn't be able to reach him or get my head through to chomp down on him.

Thanks for the tips. More the merrier plz. Come to think of it boy was I missing a lot of kicks due to range problems.
    Parts and Accessories
    Law Enforcement Firearms

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    11/08/2011 12:23am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you are lefty then you need to stop dropping your leg when you kick and ending up in an orthodox stance. That can be ok if it is strategic but otherwise it is sloppy.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    11/08/2011 12:34am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    bad things first-
    1-
    neither of you has any kind of range finding which is why you whiff so much. the only time i saw anyone jab was when they were lunging in trying to throw it to score. obviously cardio comes into this as well, cos it sucks trying to throw a lot of jabs when you are gassed, but even at the start- no jabs.

2-
    you guys both suck at the straight left for southpaws, and TBH that should be even more of a primary weapon against another leftie. one of my previous fights was against another southpaw and his face was a fucking mess by the end due to how many straight lefts i sent down the pipe. and im a sucky boxer.

3-
    this ties in a little with point one, but try not to pot shot so much. i dont know what it is with asian guys and **** like spinning kicks, but you're almost guaranteed to fail unless you either way outclass the other guy or set it up somehow. one blessing of having a fucked hip joint i guess is that i have to do basic combinations cos i literally can't do any kind of spinning tomfoolery.

4-
    most obvious i guess but both your guys hands are way the **** too low. the difference is that dwykfm just looked like it was due to rust and bad cardio, whereas sirc seems to do it through confidence or by being taught wrong as a joke or something. unless you're roy jones in his 20s or ali or anderson silva, this is not a route i would suggest.

good things-
    movement was good, try not to cross the feet too much though. some of the flurries were also pretty good from dwykfm, but i feel like if you set them up with that jab you would get a lot more opportunities to throw them. am jealous of both you dudes and your flexibility. Sirc had good control of where he was and could have landed more if he was a little more aggressive.

all round my 85 grandma would beat both your asses to death without breaking a sweat.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    11/08/2011 3:13am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am horrendously uncomfortable fighting another southpaw. Watching my movement again, it's pretty clear that I'm just awfully accustomed to moving against ortho's.

I get my hands up when I need to, jerks. I actually jab a lot, but I seriously am just that uncomfortable fighting other southpaws. I just don't have any idea how.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    11/08/2011 4:05am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc View Post
    I get my hands up when I need to, jerks.
    you got hit a couple of times when you didnt need to. but whatever, its your face, can do with it whatever you like.

I actually jab a lot, but I seriously am just that uncomfortable fighting other southpaws. I just don't have any idea how.
    really no other way to get better other than sparring southpaws, tbh. which can be tough, im the only southpaw at my gym, and when people pretend to be southpaw they tend not to actually fight like one.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast