233240 Bullies, 3727 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/08/2011 11:03am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    Who are you suggesting is a union shill? I certainly know one or two, but Lampa is not one of them, nor am I, nor are most of the folks I have worked with here in NY on this issue. Believe me, I am not a fan of either Zuffa nor the Union (regarding this issue) as they have used NY to wage their little proxy war against each other, sacrificing the sport here. Zuffa however, pushed the story the point where it has now become a reality. The Union leadership were stupid enough to pick up Zuffa's gauntlet and run with it.

Regarding Helwani, this is not about one letter or a simple difference of opinion. It is about a long history of Zuffa misinformation.

Certainly Helwani can disagree, but what is unethical from a "journalist" like him is to support blocking of voices and push fabricated stories...perpetuating a rewriting of history. I would have welcomed his disagreement as well as an opportunity to actually discuss it in public. But, that was not the case. Discussion was actively avoided, silenced. According to Helwani, all we NY fans only talk about doing something to fight here anyway I guess (insert sarcasm here). Sunday night we could'nt even do that.
    Honestly, I'm not accusing you or Lampa of being a union shill. I was speaking generally.

I don't disagree with your point about Helwani's lack of impartiality. But he provides a service MMA fans will never get from a truly impartial journalist. He has unprecedented access to fighters because he's trusted and well-liked by the people who can provide that access. He gets interviews when other journalists would be told to **** off. I enjoy his interviews and I'm smart enough to take his opinions with a grain of salt.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/08/2011 5:34pm

Style: Punk Rock

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He does seem to walk a fine line, but it's hard to know what his motivations are. Everyone has an agenda in this case.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/08/2011 6:48pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devil View Post
    Honestly, I'm not accusing you or Lampa of being a union shill. I was speaking generally.

I don't disagree with your point about Helwani's lack of impartiality. But he provides a service MMA fans will never get from a truly impartial journalist. He has unprecedented access to fighters because he's trusted and well-liked by the people who can provide that access. He gets interviews when other journalists would be told to **** off. I enjoy his interviews and I'm smart enough to take his opinions with a grain of salt.

You know, I felt the same way until he started actively fucking with the efforts of everyone I know in the local community and then belittling them in order to perpetrate a story I can't imagine he actually believes.

I've had so many brief exchanges with him when this was forming that if he disputed any of my investigation he could have said so at any time, or even just been dismissive of it instead of getting eerily quiet whenever any of my evidence came up.

In fact, I'm still waiting for someone to dispute a single item I've asserted on the topic of the MMA sanctioning process in New York. As a lot of this has potential to piss people off I've never printed anything I can't prove.

If you're not a New Yorker and don't give a **** about the people in New York I can see why you would still maintain the stance you have. But do you understand why us folks who have been working on this topic here might be a little pissy about it?

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/09/2011 8:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampa View Post
    You know, I felt the same way until he started actively fucking with the efforts of everyone I know in the local community and then belittling them in order to perpetrate a story I can't imagine he actually believes.

I've had so many brief exchanges with him when this was forming that if he disputed any of my investigation he could have said so at any time, or even just been dismissive of it instead of getting eerily quiet whenever any of my evidence came up.

In fact, I'm still waiting for someone to dispute a single item I've asserted on the topic of the MMA sanctioning process in New York. As a lot of this has potential to piss people off I've never printed anything I can't prove.

If you're not a New Yorker and don't give a **** about the people in New York I can see why you would still maintain the stance you have. But do you understand why us folks who have been working on this topic here might be a little pissy about it?
    True, I'm not a New Yorker and I don't give a **** about the people in New York. I do support the legalization of MMA everywhere, because MMA is awesome and it's retarded not to allow it.

Yes, I understand why you're pissy. I just don't understand why you expect other people to care....Especially a guy who is becoming a huge success by doing his thing and not burning bridges with people who can facilitate his continued success.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    11/09/2011 8:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, I understand why you're pissy. I just don't understand why you expect other people to care...
    Yes, an assertion of aggressive solipsism is a logically valid response to more or less any concern expressed by anyone.

No, it's not very interesting, or worth posting every time.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/09/2011 8:57am

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    True, I'm not a New Yorker and I don't give a **** about the people in New York. I do support the legalization of MMA everywhere, because MMA is awesome and it's retarded not to allow it.

Yes, I understand why you're pissy. I just don't understand why you expect other people to care....Especially a guy who is becoming a huge success by doing his thing and not burning bridges with people who can facilitate his continued success.
    You don't understand why I expect any other people to care about someone who, in the process of looking out for number one, is hindering an effort to sanction MMA in New York?

Well, the short version is that the continued ban in New York puts an undue financial strain on everyone in the MMA community in the entire area. Even the athletic commissions of surrounding states are understaffed during busy season. These people would probably all be interested to know that someone is seriously throwing them under the bus to not burn bridges at the big show.

There are also people on this board who assisted in the grass roots efforts and research that Helwani undermines not from New York that might also be a little perturbed.

The only thing I'd ever expect Helwani to care about is that he's being called out on his lack of integrity. The dude is, personally, such an enormous prima donna that any public insult from a non-anonymous source gets him all in a tizzy.

I hope this answers your question as to whom I feel would actually care to read this. There's the additional bonus of people like Hiro, who are not exposed to the world of MMA enough to understand, as you do, that Helwani's stance is tilted, being informed.

Posted On:
    11/09/2011 9:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In other news.....

Haters gonna' hate.

Posted On:
    11/09/2011 12:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

So basically the choice is between ass-kissing spin from a mouthpiece...and silence from those who aren't mouthpieces.

Win-win for NY-NY.

Posted On:
    11/09/2011 1:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    So basically the choice is between ass-kissing spin from a mouthpiece...and silence from those who aren't mouthpieces.

Win-win for NY-NY.
    I would suggest people just do their thing, state their position and quit whining about what a reporter says. Getting all "I want to kick this dude's ass!" because you don't like his position is just juvenile.

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    11/09/2011 6:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lampa= Alpha

Ariel= Beta
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123