Posted On:
    11/13/2011 12:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another narrow decision for Manny ..
    http://www.tsn.ca/boxing/story/?id=380335
    I couldn't get the fight on the computer anywhere, so I''l have to watch the re broadcast on TSN.
    I'll reserve judgment until then.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    11/13/2011 2:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    I... liked it. It was alright.
    im talking about the decision, not the fight. I love how Manny took credit for the win despite his corner telling him he was losing and needed a KO to win, but the icing on the cake was Arum squeezing his greasy self into the frame at the end to talk about how much money a 4th bout would make. lol. **** off you **** merchant.

Posted On:
    11/13/2011 3:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw the repeat (without knowledge of the result) and...and...although I had one eye on the clock so I could dash to Rail Station, I thought Marquez won the fight. Marquez is the one fighter Manny can't easily cope with. Manny did a clever thing in R4 when he moved to his Right and sent a Straight Left into the face of Marquez. He didn't do for the rest of the fight, though which was puzzling.

Conversely, Marquez frequently moved to his own Left to avoid Manny's Left. He was also sufficiently quick enough to counter/riposte any strike that Manny made.

Body language told a point. Juan raised his Hand in Victory, PacMan, didn't. The UK cable PRIMETIME, had Steve Collins (ex-WBO SuperMiddle Champ) and Steve Bunce (knowledgeable and respected boxing journo here in London). Both also thought Marquez had won. Let's say that they had strong feelings against the Judges' decision.

Manny has been tainted by that decision. It's not a surprise that Marquez immediately vacated the ring and arena. Quite right too.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    11/13/2011 3:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    Steve Collins (ex-WBO SuperMiddle Champ) and Steve Bunce (knowledgeable and respected boxing journo here in London). Both also thought Marquez had won. Let's say that they had strong feelings against the Judges' decision.
    i was amazed they managed not to unleash a tirade of abuse. i was expecting at least a couple of "fuckers!" to slip out there.

i couldnt figure out what manny was doing. he spent most of the fight moving to his left. southpaw 101 is dont move to your left except to occasionally throw a different angle... DEFINITELY dont move to your left the whole fight so that your opponent hits you in the face with his right hand like a fucking piston. the judges scores were all wildly different as well which shows their incompetence.

one of the poms had a good point in that the judges were possibly suffering from being one eyed and only watching manny cos hes so famous, while not actually watching what the other guy was doing. all they saw was manny hitting someone else. that or the dancing elephants from the drugs they had been slipped.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/13/2011 8:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't understand why more people were not interested in this fight. I'm definitely interested in watching it now..
    Sitting around sulking because Mayweather and Manny aren't getting it on and saying " Oh, let's not bother watching this fight..the only fight that matters is Pacquiao - PBF " is stupid. You're just denying yourself the chance to watch some good Boxing.
    **** Mayweather !!
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    11/13/2011 8:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well... really, that is the only boxing match anyone gives a **** about. part of me thinks the boxing overlords dont want it to happen because once it does... what else is there for anyone to care about?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/13/2011 9:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Me too...

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/13/2011 9:44pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There had to be some underhanded **** going around to assure the massive Pacquiao vs PBF payday. There is no possible way Pacman won that fight. What fucking bullshit.

Posted On:
    11/14/2011 8:35am

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    i was amazed they managed not to unleash a tirade of abuse. i was expecting at least a couple of "fuckers!" to slip out there.

i couldnt figure out what manny was doing. he spent most of the fight moving to his left. southpaw 101 is dont move to your left except to occasionally throw a different angle... DEFINITELY dont move to your left the whole fight so that your opponent hits you in the face with his right hand like a fucking piston. the judges scores were all wildly different as well which shows their incompetence.

one of the poms had a good point in that the judges were possibly suffering from being one eyed and only watching manny cos hes so famous, while not actually watching what the other guy was doing. all they saw was manny hitting someone else. that or the dancing elephants from the drugs they had been slipped.
    Buncey is a plain speaker but he was on the Telly so God Knows what he said off-camera. Steve Collins is no shrinking violet either...

PacMan fought the fight Marquez wanted him to - and so he profited continuously through his Countering. Perhaps Manny thought he would deck Marquez but that never looked likely. JMM looked well muscled through his Shoulders so the Strength regime must have worked (leaving aside the Strength Coach's murky connection with Balco).

I thought Marquez won by about 2 Rounds. Amir Khan, who was co-commentator was explicit in saying that he thought Marquez won the fight.

The Guardian (UK broadsheet) is also clear that Marquez should have been awarded the decision, cautioning that in Vegas, you don't bet against the favourite.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    11/14/2011 6:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Speaking of Mayweather, after seeing this fight, it would be such a stylistic nightmare for Manny...

The smart money would definitely be on Mayweather.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast