Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2011 4:31pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

another thread about martial art blogging

I read this thread about some guy that was gonna start a martial art blog but he was doing it wrong. I don't think it is stupid to start a martial art blog if it is done right and I intend to do it.

I have to be nice about it. People will not welcome me if I am an ass about it. This means no crazy fight challenge or anything like that.

Things I might put in my blog.
    - picture of people doing their stuff.
    - maybe I can get the instructor to show me some simple techniques that I will post on my blog with picture and description. Maybe even video.
    - martial art schools usually have more than one class. In my local area it is usually. kids class first then beginners and advanced students last. If I show up early I can both try the training and take picture of the advanced class after.

I have to be nice when I write the article too because the guys might read it and I will get a reputation if I write bad things about people. There are two reasons I am gonna write this blog. first of all I want to make cash on blogging in the future. second I need to learn how to set up a blog and this will be a really good learning experience for me. I also get free training as a bonus and I get to know alot of people in the community. This is great. About the free training part I do know that I am not gonna be an expert in an art after one night so don't worry lol :D

The reason that I post this here is that I need help with ideas that can make my blog worth reading. Better English is noted.

Thanks for any advice :)

Posted On:
    11/04/2011 5:43pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh got! Not another one. What's with people trying to gain publicity and money from martial arts blogs? Making money off martial arts is a job for the mcdojos. Perhaps we are seeing the first of a new form of mcdojoism the MCMABLOG. How much MA training do you have Uglybugly? You're best bet is just to show up to class and compete when you can.

I can't see meeting up with instructors and learning one move the equivalent of free training. Have you seen The Human Weapon? Most of what they learn is useless, they have TMAers from different groups show a useless move, then a sports group actually shows a move that works. The hosts feign interest and enthusiasm for the most part. Still, the show is mildly entertaining.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2011 6:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had an idea for a better show. a cross between "Bully Beatdown" and the Gracie dojo stormings :

Take some poor slob off the street and ask him what his favorite TMA is (made up Hollywood crap counts) and why he thinks its cool

Train him for a few months at a legit MMA gym.

Intercut with footage of TMA guy training for same fight

Have him fight some kool aid drinking mcdojo TMAer preferably one of the favorite TMAs.

Review and critique by various experts of not just the fight but the training leading up to it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2011 6:19pm

Style: Judo/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Apple View Post
    I had an idea for a better show. a cross between "Bully Beatdown" and the Gracie dojo stormings :

Take some poor slob off the street and ask him what his favorite TMA is (made up Hollywood crap counts) and why he thinks its cool

Have him fight some kool aid drinking mcdojo TMAer preferably one of the favorite TMAs.

Review and critique by various experts of not just the fight but the training leading up to it.
    What's the point? Join the long list of shock jocks. I think this is a prime candidate for the **** can.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2011 6:21pm

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Either that, or:

1) Take every guy who ever posted "I could take both of those guys" in any youtube video of an amateur or professional fight.

2)Transport them to a medium sized island.

3)Battle Royal.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2011 6:35pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Apple View Post

The only way I could see this being interesting is if you made eye gouges, groin attacks etc. legal so the TMA guys had no excuses.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2011 7:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    aiaiai.. You rage and you lose. You guys definitely rage. I do however agree that some of your suggestions would be fun. Unfortunately most people don't post on bullshido and would not like the same things as we guys do.

about mcdojo and blog whoring.. There is alot of bloggers that make insane amount of cash. I want to be one of them.. one day.. in the future :) I don't hurt anybody by doing so.. well maybe my pride but pride is something that can't be physically touched so I don't care ;D <-- this is a prime candidate for castration jokes btw

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/04/2011 7:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    Oh got! Not another one. What's with people trying to gain publicity and money from martial arts blogs? Making money off martial arts is a job for the mcdojos. Perhaps we are seeing the first of a new form of mcdojoism the MCMABLOG. How much MA training do you have Uglybugly? You're best bet is just to show up to class and compete when you can.

I can't see meeting up with instructors and learning one move the equivalent of free training. Have you seen The Human Weapon? Most of what they learn is useless, they have TMAers from different groups show a useless move, then a sports group actually shows a move that works. The hosts feign interest and enthusiasm for the most part. Still, the show is mildly entertaining.
    I LOL'd at 'MCMABLOG"...but you're right. That's where this idea is heading. It'd become the newest craze for martial artists...and not necessarily good ones either. I don't think we need that.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/04/2011 7:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglybugly View Post
    aiaiai.. You rage and you lose. You guys definitely rage. I do however agree that some of your suggestions would be fun. Unfortunately most people don't post on bullshido and would not like the same things as we guys do.

about mcdojo and blog whoring.. There is alot of bloggers that make insane amount of cash. I want to be one of them.. one day.. in the future :) I don't hurt anybody by doing so.. well maybe my pride but pride is something that can't be physically touched so I don't care ;D <-- this is a prime candidate for castration jokes btw
    Out of curiosity, could you tell me which bloggers are making "insane amounts of cash", what qualifies the amount to be "an insane amount" and how their blog is making them "insane amounts of cash"?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2011 10:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalLegion View Post
    Out of curiosity, could you tell me which bloggers are making "insane amounts of cash", what qualifies the amount to be "an insane amount" and how their blog is making them "insane amounts of cash"?
    yeah I might be talking out of my ass here but I read an article about a blogger that made 100 000-200 000 each year. The blog was about fashion. This particular blogger made deals with brands that she liked. Long term deals.. You won't be able to read the article if I find it for you because it is not in English. A martial art blog would not be able to generate this amount of cash and I would not be able to write about fashion because I have absolutely no interest for it.

/edit how does a blog generate money? well advertising. adsent gives you some money for each click you get but the big money comes from sponsorships. It is almost like those stars in UFC.. they get money for wearing certain clothes or pretend that they drink certain stuff. Just watch when somebody wins in the ufc they will put on a tapout shirt or something and probably a cap. If they are really poor they will have a hugh banner and two cans of soda and a boy waiving flag to advertise abit extra ;)
    Last edited by Uglybugly; 11/04/2011 10:39pm at .
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast