Page 4 of 17 First 1234567814 ... Last
  1. #31
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,443
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was weird in that regard not only complicit, she hit her at least once. I am just as disgusted with the mother if not more so.

  2. #32
    Phrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1998
    Location
    Cow Town
    Posts
    19,137
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    It was weird in that regard not only complicit, she hit her at least once. I am just as disgusted with the mother if not more so.
    The daughter has made the point that the woman's just as much of a victim of abuse and that was why she was complicit in the beating.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    1,138
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's pretty horrible. By the way... did anyone else catch what the whole thing was over in the first place? If you're curious, go to 1:53 and listen to the next words out of his mouth, "She told you to take that fan off of your computer." A noisy computer fan. Wonder what would have happened if she'd actually done something that... I dunno... warranted punishment?

  4. #34
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,443
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've seen complicity and they normally do not engage or help in the beating. I'll take it back when more comes out. He is the primary asshole, but I have seen people excuse things when both are equally at fault.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles County
    Posts
    176
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    The daughter has made the point that the woman's just as much of a victim of abuse and that was why she was complicit in the beating.
    I call bullshit on this line of reasoning. There was nothing physically preventing the mother from leaving this bastard, buying a gun, and making him stay the hell away from her and her daughter. The fact that she choose to stay and put them both through more abuse makes her just as guilty as the father.

    As a victim of similar albeit less harsh domestic violence myself, I judge mothers that stay in these kinds of situation rather harshly. Often, they are the only ones with any real power to change things for the better. By choosing to allow the abuse to continue, they are doing psychological harm of their own to their child.

    I think he should be sent to prison for this, but not here in the US where maybe he would get special protection from the guards. Send him to a Mexican prison.

  6. #36
    judoka_uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,611
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I read the wife did leave him, the video is 7 years old remember.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    1,138
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by No.1_Son View Post
    I think he should be sent to prison for this, but not here in the US where maybe he would get special protection from the guards. Send him to a Mexican prison.
    I doubt that'll be needed. From what I've heard, cops who get sent to prison don't fare well. I'd imagine judges fare even more poorly.

    Also, my girlfriend just came downstairs and asked me if I was watching domestic violence videos. I had to pause for a moment, then say yes before pointing her to the news story.

  8. #38
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,443
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    I read the wife did leave him, the video is 7 years old remember.
    I did as well and like I said she acted differently from what I have seen, read and encountered. Like I said, when more comes out I'll take it back.

  9. #39
    judoka_uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,611
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I did as well and like I said she acted differently from what I have seen, read and encountered. Like I said, when more comes out I'll take it back.
    Yeh, not try to exonerate her, just that its not a certainty she was a Hindley to his Brady,

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Oak Lawn, IL
    Posts
    57
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toughsensei View Post
    ****!! Unfortunately, the statute of limitations is probably up on this beating...but still...****!!
    I dont think there is a SoL on certain crimes, Rape, murder, etc. Not sure about assult and battery

Page 4 of 17 First 1234567814 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO