Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 151617 LastLast

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2011 9:17pm

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Mister, you are all over the place! You are talking in some kind of passive aggressive circle! It is pretty weird!! Also, if your wife cheats on you and gets pregnant, no, you are not justified to beat her! Yes, him slapping her in the face is beating! But you say that is justified unless it were your sister, in which case you would burn the guy up!

Honestly, you are either trolling or you are mentally unstable!
    Hey don't get upset I don't mean to upset you mate.

I'm aware of the contradiction you are pointing out and I will try to explain out of respect for you: I wouldn't beat a woman for fear of it being done to my sister just the same (call it karma if you will), but I am indifferent towards what other men do to other women.

Maybe you're right and if I don't agree to it being done to someone close then I shouldn't agree to it being done to anyone else.

But in all honesty...I just don't care.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/15/2011 9:27pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not upset, no worries!! But, that's a good point. I try to treat women as if they were my wife, sister, mother. And I try to treat other men as if they were my brother, father, grandfather. Because even though they are not family, they are someone's family.

You know that whole" do unto others "thing.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/16/2011 8:52am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You know me...the snakebite hiss, the Devil's Grip, the Iron Fist

Posted On:
    11/16/2011 11:20am

supporting member
     Style: Hung Fist, BJJ, Qi Gong

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Something that should also put the "discipline" theory to rest is the fact that the judge has a long-time drinking problem, according to the current restraining order against him.

I find it interesting that no one is focusing on that aspect of the issue: that what we DON'T get from this webcam video is the putrid smell of an intoxicated man with a leather belt screaming, cursing, and whipping a child. Kind of changes things when you add that part in, and of course it is casually ignored by society. To them, the debate is about parenting.

Yeah...model parenting. **** that.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/16/2011 1:14pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, you are assuming he was drunk when that happened. No one touched on it because it can't be proven from the video. If you need that to make you angrier fine. I'm basing my comments off of the video.

You know me...the snakebite hiss, the Devil's Grip, the Iron Fist

Posted On:
    11/16/2011 1:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Hung Fist, BJJ, Qi Gong

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Understood but more has come out about the Judge's alleged alcohol and drug abuse during the recent restraining order hearing. I'm not just speculating, the mother and ex-wife has suggested the abuse stemmed from years of drug abuse.

I'm just suggesting that it is more likely than not he was a drinker (and what else?) at the time and yes, I do see similarities with his rage and alcohol-fueled violence I have myself witnessed.

A restraining order was taken out against Judge Adams after his ex-wife Hallie Adams gave an affadavit detailing "a lengthy history of emotional, verbal and physical abuse, complicated by drug and alcohol use by her ex-husband, Judge Adams":
    Pritchard said Hallie Adams wants the court to ensure her ex-husband isn't using drugs and takes anger management courses before, and if, he's allowed further visitation with his younger daughter.
    The affidavit says William Adams checked into a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center in Stephenville for five days in January 2007 to kick a drug habit.
    Hallie, who can be seen in the video participating in the abuse but has since expressed regret, hinted at substance-abuse problems during an appearance on the Today show. She now needs to be present if Judge Adams wants to see their daughter; the next hearing in the case is scheduled for November 21. And while it's too bad it took this long for Adams' abusive behavior to come to light, it's a nice reminder that the internet can actually work for good sometimes.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 11/16/2011 1:29pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/16/2011 1:42pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You aren't reading what I wrote. I said people didn't address it because you can't tell from that video alone.
    More has come out, but all you can do is speculate, suggest and assume he was drunk, high, or both in that video.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/16/2011 2:41pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Esxactly. She "hinted" that he had substance abuse problems in the past. But I haven't seen anyone allege or anything in the video that would imply that he was under the influence during the beating. I think the video is bad enough and can stand on it's own without throwing in other reasons for what he did.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/16/2011 3:25pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder what other drugs he was doing besides drinking alcohol. I'm guessing prescription painkillers.

Posted On:
    11/16/2011 6:12pm

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, she was 16 years of age. Perhaps he had, er, "concerns" on her growing womanhood and how to control her. Who beats a 16 year old woman with a belt and in that manner and in that frame of mind?

Well, obviously the Judge does....