Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 14151617 LastLast

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2011 7:42pm

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I have. No, not just from the media but actual immigrants.

Please tell me you see the contradiction and hypocrisy in this statement and the one below.

Just so you know about 50 years ago what you just typed was accepted, understood as normal, and defended in the United States. Your use of "love" and "lightly" is quite disgusting and I believe in spanking.
    Well if you have heard from a couple of Egyptian immigrants and I haven't heard on the newspaper, radio or from all my Egyptian acquaintances, you must be right.

And...What can I say? We live in the past.

As for your nit picking and semantics arguments for contradictions and hypocrisy I really don't care to argue back resulting in a few thousand pages of arguments back and forth like the ones I had with you when I first joined this website.

Next you will create some fancy schmancy word of me using a "strawman apparatus" or a "bullshit fallacy" or was it the other way around I don't know.

In short I can't be bothered.

You can assume I'm a hypocrite. There you go.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2011 7:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    Well, which is it? Do you think it’s acceptable or not?
    You quoted me out of context, the first post was an example of a few guys that I know to compare between a drunken guy beating his wife (which I've never heard of in my country) and kids and the alternative of "disciplining" their wives and kids (which we were talking about).

The second post was a view of the general public about wife beating.

The fact that most people disagree to wife beating doesn't mean nobody does it.

In my personal opinion I don't beat women, if that is what you're asking.

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    11/15/2011 7:55pm

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    You quoted me out of context, the first post was an example of a few guys that I know to compare between a drunken guy beating his wife (which I've never heard of in my country) and kids and the alternative of "disciplining" their wives and kids (which we were talking about).
    Yes, and here you made it sound like you thought disciplinary violence was kind of OK.

The second post was a view of the general public about wife beating.
    Where you made it sound like most people are kind of iffy about disciplinary violence.

In my personal opinion I don't beat women, if that is what you're asking.
    I’m more wondering whether you thing it is morally defensible to use violence to “discipline” women than whether you do it yourself.
    [ petterhaggholm.net | blog | essays ]
    [ self defence: general thoughts | bjj: “don’t go to the ground”? ]
    “The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not data.”

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/15/2011 8:02pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well if you have heard from a couple of Egyptian immigrants and I haven't heard on the newspaper, radio or from all my Egyptian acquaintances, you must be right.
    Oh, I like this little bit of sarcasm. Yet, what did you say earlier about the media?
    This is what makes a media hype out of a family dispute.
    Nice little safety valve you built for yourself. If I show you Egyptian news and affidavits of beating and abuse you'll say it is media hype. When I say I have heard personal stories they aren't the media.
    LOL.

As for your nit picking and semantics arguments for contradictions and hypocrisy I really don't care to argue back resulting in a few thousand pages of arguments back and forth like the ones I had with you when I first joined this website.
    You said you can't gauge violence then you gauge it. That isn't semantics that is you contradicting yourself in the same post.

Funny how Petter just called you on the same BS.
    LoL.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2011 8:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, and here you made it sound like you thought disciplinary violence was kind of OK.

Where you made it sound like most people are kind of iffy about disciplinary violence.

I’m more wondering whether you thing it is morally defensible to use violence to “discipline” women than whether you do it yourself.
    Against kids (I used wives and kids as an example of domestic abuse where the guy is the physically stronger party) I think it's okay.

Then I made it sound like most people are iffy against disciplinary violence against women, I should have specified. You won't get any funny looks if you physically discipline your kid in public here (as long as it doesn't turn into something more serious). But your woman, you will.

Physical disciplining against women well...

I can't give you an exact answer without getting into much more detail about family being the most important thing and general family values in Egypt.

In short, I don't know, all I know is that I wouldn't do it.

I'm a pretty mellow guy I've only gotten into a few fights in school, other than that I don't believe in violence. But if it is the only way...

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    11/15/2011 8:10pm

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Physical disciplining against women well...

I can't give you an exact answer without getting into much more detail about family being the most important thing and general family values in Egypt.

In short, I don't know, all I know is that I wouldn't do it.

I'm a pretty mellow guy I've only gotten into a few fights in school, other than that I don't believe in violence. But if it is the only way...
    The only way to what? Make a woman obey you?

Well, I shan’t push on any further after this: My personal stance is that anyone who thinks that women need to be subjugated, that wives need to be subordinate to and obey their husbands, is in grave moral error; and that the additional belief that it is (or may be) permissible to use violence to enforce this obedience is morally despicable. This is based on my belief that women are human beings with all the same moral rights and responsibilities as men, neither inferior nor superior, and that anyone who proceeds from different beliefs is in effect morally dehumanising women; a barbaric position I consider anathema to humanistic ethics. Failure to condemn this is a moral failure, regardless of whether that failure takes the form of hearty approval or timid waffling.
    [ petterhaggholm.net | blog | essays ]
    [ self defence: general thoughts | bjj: “don’t go to the ground”? ]
    “The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not data.”

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2011 8:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Oh, I like this little bit of sarcasm. Yet, what did you say earlier about the media?

Nice little safety valve you built for yourself. If I show you Egyptian news and affidavits of beating and abuse you'll say it is media hype. When I say I have heard personal stories they aren't the media.
    LOL.

You said you can't gauge violence then you gauge it. That isn't semantics that is you contradicting yourself in the same post.

Funny how Petter just called you on the same BS.
    LoL.
    It is rather nice isn't it.

All kidding aside maybe you can show me Egyptian news and affidavits (honestly I had to copy that word I have no idea what it means I suppose it means story or something).

But maybe you're right about my statement of gauging violence being difficult then me gauging it as being contradictory.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2011 8:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only way to what? Make a woman obey you?

Well, I shan’t push on any further after this: My personal stance is that anyone who thinks that women need to be subjugated, that wives need to be subordinate to and obey their husbands, is in grave moral error; and that the additional belief that it is (or may be) permissible to use violence to enforce this obedience is morally despicable. This is based on my belief that women are human beings with all the same moral rights and responsibilities as men, neither inferior nor superior, and that anyone who proceeds from different beliefs is in effect morally dehumanising women; a barbaric position I consider anathema to humanistic ethics. Failure to condemn this is a moral failure, regardless of whether that failure takes the form of hearty approval or timid waffling.
    We have different views on the subject of women I will tell you that much.

I'll say it again, all I know is I wouldn't use violence to enforce obedience on a woman or any other reason, there are other ways to do that. I have a little sister and if she were beaten by her future husband I would set him on fire.

Some women are real bitches though, my mate slapped his wife across the face a few times when she cheated on him and got pregnant then divorced her, I think that beating was okay given the circumstances.

Although I'm not sure if that counts as physical disciplining or not...maybe you can tell me.

Before you ask I would skip the beating and go to the divorce if I were him, no I still wouldn't beat her.

Or maybe I'm indifferent because I didn't know his wife that well and sided up with him being a victim of the same thing in the past myself, who knows?

Edit: By same thing I mean being cheated on, not having a wife and having her impregnated by another man.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/15/2011 9:02pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mister, you are all over the place! You are talking in some kind of passive aggressive circle! It is pretty weird!! Also, if your wife cheats on you and gets pregnant, no, you are not justified to beat her! Yes, him slapping her in the face is beating! But you say that is justified unless it were your sister, in which case you would burn the guy up!

Honestly, you are either trolling or you are mentally unstable!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/15/2011 9:04pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You need to practice English in a better setting. Yes, it is great you are bilingual and all, but damn the semantics you bitch about is getting you into these arguments.

I'll say it again, all I know is I wouldn't use violence to enforce obedience on a woman or any other reason, there are other ways to do that. I have a little sister and if she were beaten by her future husband I would set him on fire.

Some women are real bitches though, my mate slapped his wife across the face a few times when she cheated on him and got pregnant then divorced her, I think that beating was okay given the circumstances.
    What I will say, before I leave you alone, is that it is very interesting that you leave out a scenario for your sister and then tell us a story as to why it is okay to hit "bitches" and a "wife."