Posted On:
    11/07/2011 12:58pm

Style: Mostly drinking. E-chaun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Also, **** that mother.
    ^^^^^ this too!!!!!

whether or not the mother was the physical beater- i think the vid gives enough to show she was there- watching or a participant in some fasion.

im not a texas criminal lawyer or cop who would know the texas penal code, but even if she isn't legally responsible, she is certainly morally responsible.

i also don't know what that statute of limitations is in texas, but even if it passed it should be enough to get this clown removed from the bench.

Posted On:
    11/12/2011 4:04am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I nearly cried just 1 and a half minutes into the video. It's heartbreaking...

Does anyone what's going to happen to this douchebag? Is any legal action being taken against him? He better not be given off lightly.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    11/12/2011 4:12pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Restraining order against the judge from visiting his youngest (10) daughter, who lives with his ex-wife, without her explicit permission. He's not allowed to talk nasty to his ex-wife or drink within 24 hours after visitation.

Why? Simple: there is video evidence he's a habitual child abuser.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...beating-video/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2011 1:42pm

Style: none yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No charges will be pressed. The statute of limitations has expired.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2011 4:09pm

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It might be bad to say this but I think noone has any business in how this guy decides to discipline his kid.

The fact that he uses beating instead of yelling or allowance cutting doesn't mean anything in my opinion. The beating ain't that bad, I come from an eastern society if you want a good beating that is the place for it.

It's just a belt for fucks sakes teachers, not even parents, beat kids with sticks here.

12th level logic wielder

Posted On:
    11/14/2011 4:39pm

Style: BJJ, judo, rapier

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    It might be bad to say this but I think noone has any business in how this guy decides to discipline his kid.
    Child abuse is OK? Would it be all right if he cracked her ribs, broke some bones? If you don’t think that would be OK, then we agree that he doesn't have the right to do it however he wants, and your argument is no longer that “noone has any business in how this guy decides to discipline his kid”, but instead an argument that he didn’t cross the line. Hopefully this is your opinion. I mean, it’s a fucked-up opinion, but the alternative is worse.

The beating ain't that bad, I come from an eastern society if you want a good beating that is the place for it. … It's just a belt for fucks sakes teachers, not even parents, beat kids with sticks here.
    Then you live in an awful place.
    [ petterhaggholm.net | blog | essays ]
    [ self defence: general thoughts | bjj: “don’t go to the ground”? ]
    “The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not data.”

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2011 4:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually it's a pretty cool place.

They say it's okay to beat as long as you don't leave any permenent injuries, that's exactly my point, this beating wasn't enough to break bones, just bruise at best.

Before you get all fired up I'm not saying child abuse is okay, I'm saying beating your child is okay if nothing else works, as long as you don't cause them a lifelong injury.

A belt would never crack bone unless you use the metal part, he wasn't using it.

This is common Egyptian knowledge.

Edit: I think this is just a media story blown out of proportion, American media is known for that. Wouldn't you say so?

No offense to Americans at all I'm just saying your media is well...

A little too money hungry when pursuing the big story for the lack of a better term.
    Last edited by Mister; 11/14/2011 4:59pm at .

Posted On:
    11/14/2011 7:50pm

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post

The fact that he uses beating instead of yelling or allowance cutting doesn't mean anything in my opinion. The beating ain't that bad, I come from an eastern society if you want a good beating that is the place for it.

It's just a belt for fucks sakes teachers, not even parents, beat kids with sticks here.
    Sorry Mister, he was yelling and swearing and beating.

...and that arsehole has judicial authority over others....hardly someone able to impart Justice when he's someone capable of chewing the carpet at Home (COS HE'S THE BOSS - and don't they just KNOW IT).

No disrespect to you mate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2011 8:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    Sorry Mister, he was yelling and swearing and beating.

...and that arsehole has judicial authority over others....hardly someone able to impart Justice when he's someone capable of chewing the carpet at Home (COS HE'S THE BOSS - and don't they just KNOW IT).

No disrespect to you mate.
    None taken and I hope you don't take this the wrong way too, I think you are being too emotional about this. However, I understand that the sight of a defenseless little girl getting whacked with a belt may not be a pleasant one.

Are you saying that a dominant person should not be judge?

Or are you saying that the way he dominates (using violence) makes him unsuitable to be one?

I don't think any of the above are related. If he likes to be the boss he likes to be the boss (all judicial systems as far as I know are based on respecting the judge, disrespect will get you fined, in a way the judge is the boss inside the court room), and if he hurt his kid but didn't overstep his boundaries by injuring her (to suggest mental illness or otherwise) it is not related to his ability as judge.

Unless there's something I'm missing. The way he runs his personal life is nobody's business (as long as he doesn't commit a more serious crime than a little booboo), as I mentioned earlier, it's just a belt, it's not like he used a blunt tool to inflict serious damage, that's why parents (if they choose to) slap their kids instead of punch because the whipping hurts but doesn't leave a mark.

All the media needs is a victim, then you have a story, then money is made and lives are ruined.

And maybe the kid is a real bitch...My ex got beaten by her father a few times in her teens and boy, she was a real bitch sometimes, he straightened her out, she's grown into a nice young woman. And her father is a good guy.

Maybe it's just cultural difference, where here the father is the man of the family and sometimes addressed as sir and never talked back to. But also a strong person you could always depend on.

I think this is all very exaggerated. There is a line between abuse and discipline, and I do not think this guy has crossed it by taking a belt to his kid a few times.

But maybe I shouldn't be arguing an issue that everyone seems to feel so strongly about.

I apologize for any anger I might cause.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/14/2011 9:04pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe it is a cultural difference as you say, and this is no place for that kind of discussion. But beating a child with a belt to that extent stops being punishment and becomes something else. In this case I think the guy gets off on dominating people. But either way, I think it was extreme and way over the top.

I don't think using the "that's the way we have done it here, and it works well" holds any kind of weight. I think that is a cop out.

Someone once said, "the second you have to raise your voice, you have lost the argument". This situation reminds me of that. Because this girl was old enough to reason with rather than just beating the **** out of her just because you can.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast