1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Judge William Adams: Douchebag of the Month

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	db-adams.jpg 
Views:	1566 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	12839

As the main guy who writes this irregular column, I should probably admit that every now and then, when a candidate like this guy pops up, it's a shameless relief; because the article pretty much writes itself. And it's out of a well-placed sense of guilt that I'm bringing it up.

We're a community of people with an inclination towards the productive and positive uses of violence. I know, many people are aghast at the notion that violence could be productive; but those people have almost always made it through life without being touched by violence of the sort that's genuinely malicious, much less receiving a punch in the mouth from a caring sparring partner.

Now that I think of it, I should probably take a paragraph or two to clarify this concept a bit for those who may be reading this column for the first time, or who might not be familiar with Bullshido in general. The word "violence", in our culture, tends to have nothing but negative connotations. We reject this, because we realize that, as Heinlein put it:

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Heinlein
    Anyone who clings to the historically untrue—and thoroughly immoral—doctrine that, ‘violence never settles anything’ I would advise to conjure the ghosts of Napoleon Bonaparte and the Duke of Wellington and let them debate it. The ghost of Hitler could referee, and the jury might well be the Dodo, the Great Auk and the Passenger Pigeon.

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedom.”
    In short, despite what many people believe -- those who don't have the depth of character needed to critically examine harsh realities and instead, prefer to base their understanding of the world on spoon-fed and pre-chewed platitudes -- violence is simply another tool to resolve conflicts. We will grant that it should rarely be the first option exercised in a situation, but it should also never be dismissed as an option unless there is another, sure means of resolving a conflict.

As members of a society, we trade our individual right to employ naked violence in the resolution of conflicts for the greater good, under the rule of law, with the idea to reduce the general level of chaos. We empower designated members of society to perform violence on our behalf: soldiers, policemen, etc., at the discretion of elected representatives. Where society has not abdicated both its rights and rational grasp on reality, we retain a limited right to employ violence to resolve immediate threats (self defense).

That's a lengthy preamble to a column that normally doesn't take itself too seriously. However, it's a necessary one, given that we're here to dishonor a man who both unquestioningly used violence in a malicious manner, and did so while being empowered by society to make decisions on whether or not others' use of violence was malicious.

Name:  Judge_W_Adams.png
Views: 5941
Size:  106.6 KB
    Judge William Adams

Judge William Adams is, as of the time this is being written, a family law judge in Aransas County, Texas. He is responsible for adjudicating cases that include making determinations as to whether or not a parent has employed excessive violence against his or her children.

I'm not going to get into a discussion on the merits or horrors (depending on your personal point of view) of corporal punishment/spanking. That's because in this case, it's flat-out irrelevant. Whether or not you agree with it, a spanking is a tool used to provide moderate, non-injuring, negative reinforcement to a child. Full disclosure: I was spanked as a child, even occasionally paddled with a board specifically crafted for that purpose, both at home and in public school in Texas. I don't spank my own child.

But what happens in the following video, whether you support the concept or not, is not a spanking; it is a beating.

(Should this video be removed, there is a backup, here; we've also downloaded a copy ourselves.)

And it's at this point that the article has effectively written itself. I'm not sure what else needs to be said about this guy, except to remind the reader that William Adams is empowered by our society to render decisions on whether or not other parents have employed malicious violence against their own children.

**** this guy.

Short version of the story behind this video:

The year is 2004 and Judge William Adams has a daughter, Hillary. Hillary has cerebal palsy, but she finds comfort in computers, surfing the Internet, video games, and music; like any normal, albeit a bit nerdy kid (no shame in that). Daddy, however, doesn't seem to appreciate these qualities, and decides to beat her ass for using Kazaa; a filesharing program popular when this video was made (before Bit Torrent, for you pirates).

Being tech savvy, Hillary (who goes by "Shoe of the Cosmos" on a few web forums), had her webcam on to capture the beating. She holds on to the video for years, out of what could only be an undeserved sense of family loyalty. But when her father's harassment continues well into her adulthood (she's 23 now), she posts it on YouTube, and then Reddit, for the world to see the man's true character.

Again, **** this guy.

Within the past 24 hours, the story has spread across the Internet. And now the same technology that helped ease her suffering is now facilitating her justice; Aransas County Texas law enforcement is now investigating the issue.

In fact, here's their website.

As the situation is still in progress, there's no really good way to wrap up this column, except to say, for the third time...

...**** this guy.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/02/2011 11:39am

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the fucking ****!! Has he been arrested? Im a dumb Limey btw..is there a chance he could be in trouble for this?

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    11/02/2011 11:47am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, what a douchebag.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    11/02/2011 11:57am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What a fucking piece of ****. I hope this ruins him.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    11/02/2011 12:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, **** that mother.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    11/02/2011 12:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I try not to hate people (just places and things). I find that it usually isn't productive... But let me just say this. I HATE THIS MAN. He should be flogged publicly every day with a cat o' nine tails for the rest of his life.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Posted On:
    11/02/2011 12:14pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Update, of sorts. This isn't going to help reduce anyone's rage levels:

Judge William Adams Responds To Videotaped Beating
    11:34 AM
    ROCKPORT - Aransas County Court at Law Judge William Adams has spoken to our Andy Liscano about a video the judge's daughter posted on Youtube showing a beating in 2004.
    Judge Adams told us, "It happened years ago.. I apologized."
    When asked if he thought the conduct in the video was excessive, Judge Adams said, "It's not as bad as it looks on tape."
    Judge Adams also informed us he has already contacted the Judicial Review in Austin and "more will come out" during the investigation.
    We'll keep you posted.
    http://www.kristv.com/full-coverage/...hter/#fcanchor

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    11/02/2011 12:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope I meet this brave man some day.
    I hope he pushes me.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/02/2011 12:17pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What a pice of ****! I hate people like that! It undermines the whole justice system!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    11/02/2011 12:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "It's not as bad as it looks on tape."??

What a fucking asshole.
Page 1 of 17 1 234511 ... LastLast