218358 Bullies, 5451 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Guy Who Does Curls in the Squat Rack: Douchebag of the Month - May 2009

In this article there will not be any long-winded introduction, no witty insights or attempts at topical humor. There will only be glorious, righteous rage.

The kind of rage fueling the right hook of Buzz Aldrin after being told by a nutjob that he's lying about landing on the moon. The kind of righteous anger in the heart of Eddie Bravo on finding out they managed to permanently remove all THC from hemp plants.

The kind burning in the eyes of a temple guard chasing down a Philistine who took a **** in the Ark of the Covenant.

That kind of rage.

Ok, maybe not that last one, that's a bit much in comparison to:

THAT GUY AT THE GYM WHO DOES CURLS IN THE SQUAT RACK

Let's talk about THAT GUY for a minute. He's the stuff of Douchebag Legend, occupying a rack designed for doing one or more high-weight olympic lifts, with his creampuff little plates on the end of a bar... because he's too goddamn lazy to bend over and pick up the damn bar.

That guy.

Oh, you're one of the fortunate few who hasn't run into this ubiquitous asshole? Well I managed to capture pics of this creature in the wild, yesterday:

If you look closely you'll notice the reflection of your intrepid author in the reflection, standing in the middle of the weight floor taking the picture of "THAT GUY". For the record, he was curling 75lbs. The 24 Hour Fatness I currently go to has both Ez-Curl, and straight-curl bars, all the way up to 100lbs.

You'll also notice the 275 in the power cage next to him, which is what your diligent journalist was there to squat for reps, in the squat rack, as Odin and Krishna intended. That's why instead of two noodly little bars like they have in the power cage, the squat rack has thick, reinforced bars that don't occupy your thoughts with useless concerns about the possible consequences of catastrophic structural failure if that last rep just doesn't go well. 275 may not be a remotely epic weight for squatting, but it's enough to compel you to seek out a set of crash bars that are thicker than your finger.

And regardless, the main reason why curling in the squat rack levels you up to Champion Hero Douche is because there is no curling exercise that can be done by a healthy human being that requires such weight as you cannot lift it off of the ground yourself to begin the exercise, necessitating the use of a rack. Nope, none. Zero. Zip-ity fucking doo-da, go grab a Gin and Colonic and die of alcohol poisoning you developmentally stunted fratboy ****.

Now we here at Bullshido aren't the types to just complain about a problem; we provide solutions. So here's my solution to the problem of THAT GUY WHO DOES CURLS IN THE SQUAT RACK:

It looks just like a squat rack, you don't have to do all that horrible, deadlift-like movement of bending over and picking up the bar, and the best feature is that it won't cost your gym much of anything at all since it's made out of the same stuff as a Little Tyke's playhouse because it only needs to support the weight of a chubby toddler and his Big Kids Meal.

That means your gym only has to shell out about $50 or so, for you to have your own little squat rack-looking device for you and the other cupcakes who are afraid of a little extra exertion at the motherfucking gym.

Last edited by Phrost; 5/19/2009 3:18pm at .

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 3:10pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hear hear!
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 3:38pm

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is he swinging his body to make those curls? his legs look less blurred than his head and upper torso. Hopefully he will hurt himself soon and stop going to the gym altogether.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:06pm

Style: unemployed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I read your post but I still don't understand what is wrong with this. just because he occupies your squat rack? I think most people don't think about these things.

well written post though;)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:26pm

Style: Hillbilly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd also like to extend this to the guy that uses the squat rack to do shrugs and the douchebag at my gym who always lays on the floor in the middle of the rack, holds the bar, and then does leg lifts for what seems like half an hour.

Oh, and the "butt-to-bench" squat guy. If you can't put your ass to the floor then reduce the weight. No one is impressed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
    Hear hear!
    +1 to that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 4:45pm

Style: Grappling & Lifting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    God I hate curls and people that do them regularly followed up with bench, dips, chest flies, incline bench, shoulder press, lat pulldown, sitting rows and tricep kickbacks. On machines when applicable.

>:[ **** those guys.

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 7:06pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bastereds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they suck oh so much

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 7:14pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just love it when I go to squat, only to discover that half the racks are being used by guys to curls, pull ups, resistance band exercises and bench press. There's ample locations to curl (you just need floor!) pull ups can be done at the pull up bar that is set up all of 20 feet away, and benching can be done at any of the open benches. As for resistance band exercises, I don't know.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    5/19/2009 8:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    because of knee problems, i don't use free weights for lower body resistance training. however, i absolutely LOVE listening to the real lifters at my gym go apeshit over the douches occupying the squat rack for curls. coincidentally, these are the same people with invisible lat syndrome.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.
Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast