Posted On:
    11/09/2011 11:02am

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by crappler View Post
    neck cranks. Dick move.
    Call it enthusiastic hugs and try it again.
    Not a dick move anymore, is it?
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2011 5:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dunno man, overly enthusiastic hugs can also be considered dick moves.

Posted On:
    11/09/2011 8:13pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PXM View Post
    I dunno man, overly enthusiastic hugs can also be considered dick moves.
    Only if you make eye contact.
    BJJ thread, rule still applies.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2011 8:49pm

Style: Over substance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Being the dick who brings creepy crawlies like ring worm and staph into the gym. Total dick move.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2011 2:52am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Taking somebodys back then doing the "Father Nelson" on them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2011 2:58am

Style: BJJ/MT/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Recently, we were doing a grappling drill where you have to keep your eyes closed the whole time and do everything by feel. For obvious reasons, you are not supposed to roll very hard during this drill. I was locking on a triangle, then suddenly the feeling of the ground under my back disappears, and as I realise what is happening, SLAM !!!! ****, that hurt ! Guy did a "Rampage Jackson" on me. He said "I'm sorry man I didn't realise I was slamming you". I look at him for a moment before saying "you're an asshole" and changing partners.

Have had a couple people visiting from FKW during open mat do that grind the forearm across the throat thing. They have really tried to push into my adam's apple ( WTF ? ). As the other guys have already said, this leads to my reaction becoming an aggressively applied submission or a really really hard sweep. Who knows, maybe next time I will forget we are just rolling and decide it's become mma.

This one guy. Also from FKW. I rolled with him and basically, his entire game consisted of going for wild guillotines/neck cranks and doing pretty much ALL of the known dickmoves. eg: If I was in his guard he would immediately get his knee on my cheek and grab the back of my head and grind my cheekbone into his knee. I don't know what my problem was, but I kept my aggression level low, and played a clean game. Later, my friend ( who had only 3 weeks BJJ training at the time ) came to me and complained that that same guy had done all that **** to him, and he was visually upset with this guy. So, I did what any good friend would, I informed one of our brown belts ( best leglocker in the country IMO ) of the situation and got them paired up. The result was too awesome. Every time he would go for one of those tricks, he would be tapping within the next 1-2 seconds. It was awesome to see his ego shrivel up and die. Never came back, even though the brown belt went easy on him.
    I know the type now, they drift into open mats, snipe tired beginners, and get their ego boosted.

One of the guys I used to train with ( i guess he quit or moved gym ). I was about 2 months into BJJ and he was the same experience level. Still, I feel he should have known better. We started from the knees, I come in with a shitty double leg attempt ( looking at the ground ) and he snags my neck in a guillotine position. I get ready to try escape as best I can when suddenly, he stands up as fast as he can while simultaneously trying to actually rip my head off my neck. It is still to this day, the most painful neck crank I have ever experienced. But I'm new, and my ego is large, so in my head I'm thinking "fucking asshole ! This time I'll get you !". So I start again with him and guess what happens ? Exactly the same thing. He neck cranks me so hard that I actually heard 3 loud pops in my neck. My ego takes a break and I stop for the day, feeling miserable about the whole situation.

I have been O soto gari-ing, from the knees, to Uki gatami/knee on belly pretty much everyone except a few purple belts and the black belt instructor.

Am I teh dick or just thuper 133T?

I suspect its just they have never encountered Judo offence, from the knees, before.
    I suspect you are right.
    This is one of my favorites ( prolly cause I don't totally suck at it ). I use it no-gi all the time too. I find a lot of the "pure" BJJ guys will pull guard as soon as they sense I have any serious plan for the standup, but other people get into the whole strength vs strength knee wrestling game and then they fall right into the trap. The more experienced guys seem to never even let me start to set it up ( note to self: need to get sneakier ).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2011 3:20am

Style: Judo noob, BJJ uber noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    I have been O soto gari-ing, from the knees, to Uki gatami/knee on belly pretty much everyone except a few purple belts and the black belt instructor.

Am I teh dick or just thuper 133T?

I suspect its just they have never encountered Judo offence, from the knees, before.
    We were taught this "takedown" this Tuesday at BJJ, so I don't think it can be that universally frowned upon.

(If you say you have a weak guard game, how are you escaping to knees at will towards the end of sparring in order to pull of the O soto?)

(Also, for some reason "uki gatame" makes me lol. You wouldn't happen to know the Japanese for all the 10th Planet names would you?)

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    11/10/2011 6:02am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbon View Post
    (Also, for some reason "uki gatame" makes me lol. You wouldn't happen to know the Japanese for all the 10th Planet names would you?)
    I think the only characteristic 10th Planet named things that have Judo names would be the lockdown (niju garami or possibly ashi kannuki) and the gogoplata (kagato jime). Neither are official Kodokan names.

Posted On:
    11/10/2011 11:06pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
    Call it enthusiastic hugs and try it again.
    Not a dick move anymore, is it?
    You are a genius.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/10/2011 11:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DON'T do this!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast