Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    433
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    What are considered 'dick' moves in bjj?

    In class we were doing free rolling, I went to put my knee on the other guys calf because I know this causes pain and it was stopping him pulling guard.

    I asked my coach if it was ok, he said I shouldn't because it can cause permanent damage but I think he thought I was resting on his ankle. Not sure, I will have to ask him next time to specifically tell me what i shouldn't do.

    But it got me thinking, what are the big no no's, with bjj, what is considered ok and what is considered being a 'dick'?

    Where do you draw the line? Because submission is essentially causing pain.

    (I understand there are obvious shitty moves like hitting, scratching or gouging)

  2. #2
    Sri Hanuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,485
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rubbing your dick in the opponent's face.
    Teabagging.
    Taking the opponent's back and sporting a scud missle.
    That right there pretty much covers it.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

    Dipshit

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,131
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If your goal while free rolling in class is to win at all costs, that's being a dick.

  4. #4
    DCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,311
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auszi View Post
    Where do you draw the line? Because submission is essentially causing pain.
    No, it isn't.

    Things about Jits: How do Armbar 2.0

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    433
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
    Rubbing your dick in the opponent's face.
    Teabagging.
    Taking the opponent's back and sporting a scud missle.
    That right there pretty much covers it.
    Right, thanks Sri, will write those ones down. '

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom .C View Post
    If your goal while free rolling in class is to win at all costs, that's being a dick.
    I agree with this one already



    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    No, it isn't.
    Ok, tonight when we learnt RNC, we were taught that if they are holding their chin down to use knuckle's behind the jaw or just crush their jaw. Even arm bars are in a sense pain submissions, you tap or you enter a lot of pain.

    Thanks for the vid, I did note he said he did not want to cause the other guy pain.
    Last edited by Auszi; 11/02/2011 10:11am at .

  6. #6
    DCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,311
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auszi View Post
    Ok, tonight when we learnt RNC, we were taught that if they are holding their chin down to use knuckle's behind the jaw or just crush their jaw. Even arm bars are in a sense pain submissions, you tap or you enter a lot of pain.
    I got your point, but for me "submission" is about imposing my will. Pain is only one of the tools that can be used and, imo, is the last refuge of incompetents.
    Things about Jits: How do Armbar 2.0

  7. #7
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,839
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Farting in North South position.

    (button in upper right corner) Settings> (left menu under My Account) General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    433
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am just beginning and trying to find out whats appropriate and whats not. If someone uses pain compliance on me I guess I would be ok with it as long as its not causing permanent injury.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    433
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Farting in North South position.
    They would be a dick, if they did that on purpose.

  10. #10
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,839
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way, I'm pretty sure this has been thoroughly discussed in the grappling forum. Search there.

    (button in upper right corner) Settings> (left menu under My Account) General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO