Sponsored Links Spacer Image

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    10/31/2011 8:31pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh and of course don't forget...the cartels have plenty of hackers working for them, too. So do crime gangs all over the world....Nigeria, China, Russia, Japan...the US.

So Anonymous' hackers will actually be crossing keyboards with hackers that are probably armed and kept quite well taken care of by their criminal bosses. Cocaine, prostitutes, cash, weapons, and of course the best computer gear.

Oh yeah...dumb hackers gonna die.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/31/2011 8:35pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is this link between hackers and V for vendetta. Did I forget some serious plot points or is this some underground hacker cult classic thing?

Posted On:
    10/31/2011 8:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dflanmod View Post
    What is this link between hackers and V for vendetta. Did I forget some serious plot points or is this some underground hacker cult classic thing?
    Not hackers and VFV, but Anonymous and VFV. The Guy Fawkes mask is their defacto mascot.

In fact, many protest and anarchistic movements since that movie came out have used the Fawkes imagery to show their "anonymity"....the problem with anonymity is, of course, it is easily lost especially when using most Internet Service Providers to do your "hacktivism".

The Anonymous/Lulzsec arrests are basically either the idiots who don't know what they are doing (which is the vast majority) or they are patsies/groupies being directed by someone only slightly more relevant than they are, which isn't saying much.

Like I said, real hackers go to work for industry, government, military, or even themselves. They have ethics.

A scant few like Mendax (Julian Assange) are truly brilliant people who are able to grab the attention of entire nation-states in a (possibly misguided) attempt to right wrongs.

And then there is Anonymous, who just want attention and are getting more of it than they may have bargained for. The fact that their mascot, mottos, sayings, and imagery all come from a FUCKING MOVIE should be a sign that you're not dealing with geniuses.

Nothing will blow Anonymous apart faster than one of their members being tracked down, captured, disemboweled, and made into a Santa Muerte death shrine for the public to see.

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/31/2011 8:57pm at .

Posted On:
    10/31/2011 9:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Operation "OpCartel" cancelled by Anonymous...and Lulzsec is trolling them for calling it off.

You can't make this **** up....someday I'll finish writing a book on it.

http://www.informationweek.com/news/...rime/231901970

Members of the hacktivist group Anonymous on Monday appeared to call off an attack, dubbed "OpCartel," aimed at taking down Mexican cartels.

"Anonymous cancels crackdown on Mexican drug cartel," tweeted Sm0k34n0n. "We cannot risk our partners."
    Translation: "we didn't factor in these guys have hackers AND guns. NVM!"

But a Twitter post from LulzSec leader Sabu in direct reply to Sm0k34n0n appeared to dismiss the cancellation, or at least imply that there would be future anti-cartel efforts. "Thanks for pushing the op, but now that you've cleaned your hands of it--move on with your life," said Sabu.
    Translation: "we're not pussies or anything, uh, be afraid of us anyway. We're spooky men in masks with no day jobs."
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/31/2011 9:08pm at .

Posted On:
    10/31/2011 9:09pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I knew this would be exciting. I wonder what Lulzsec is planning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    10/31/2011 9:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What did I say about the movie fantasy aspect of the group. Do any of them realize VFV is a fictional graphic novel set in an alternate future and they're not as well organized, armed, or...mentally equipped as the fictional "V"?

The fictional V is a mutant badass with superhuman strength and speed.

Anonymous had threatened to publish the names and addresses of journalists, taxi drivers, and police officers who allegedly helped with the Zetas. "You made a huge mistake by taking one of us. Release him, and if anything happens to him, you will always remember this upcoming November 5th." To make the point, the video cuts to footage of exploding buildings. That's lifted from the closing moments (spoiler alert) of V For Vendetta, when the protagonist--sporting the mask since made famous by Anonymous--succeeded in blowing up the Houses of Parliament in the movie's rendering of a totalitarian Britain.

Posted On:
    10/31/2011 9:21pm

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So what? They use a readily recognisable character from a movie in order to enforce the illusion they are Anonymous and giving the finger to the man. I don't know why this is such a big issue for you, are you pissed off that they appropriated one of your favourite comic book characters? Or is it because you dislike the "script kiddies" getting all the bad arse press while you're tinkering away on some relic? I honestly fail to see how using the Guy Fawkes mask which, through pop culture influence of the movie VfV, gained the reputation of sticking it to the man is somehow worthy of ridicule when there is so much more involved with this story.

Posted On:
    10/31/2011 9:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    So what? They use a readily recognisable character from a movie in order to enforce the illusion they are Anonymous and giving the finger to the man. I don't know why this is such a big issue for you, are you pissed off that they appropriated one of your favourite comic book characters?
    I'm not into comics.

Or is it because you dislike the "script kiddies" getting all the bad arse press while you're tinkering away on some relic?
    The press they are getting is their own demise, there is nothing to be envious about there.

I honestly fail to see how using the Guy Fawkes mask which, through pop culture influence of the movie VfV, gained the reputation of sticking it to the man is somehow worthy of ridicule when there is so much more involved with this story.
    Because it's an overused cliche at this point.

The irony is, of course, the real Guy Fawkes was a retard too.

Posted On:
    10/31/2011 9:55pm

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is only a cliche because they adopted it. It is overused? By them? Ah, okay. It is their symbol.

Fucking Golden Arches, ****, can't those fucking McDonald's marketing managers fink up sumfin new?

Posted On:
    10/31/2011 10:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know the real Guy Fawkes was a patsy, right? A gullible, expendable fool put in place by more powerful men in an attempt to steal the English throne in a terrorist plot that could have killed hundreds of innocent people.

True story. The 5th of November celebrates freedom from terrorism.

V's use of Fawkes is ironic.

Anonymous' use of V is hypocritical, since they are indiscriminate and cruel to civilians. To use one of their own mottos, "none of us are as cruel as all of us".

In the end it is just an avatar, one that many people choose to assume, no different than if a million people became W. Rabbits.

The mistake they've made is they've seen too many movies.

IRL the smartest thing Fawkes ever did was killing himself before he could be tortured to death. Now I think you see where I've been going with this.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/31/2011 10:18pm at .
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast