Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/31/2011 6:49pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Mexican Cartel threatened by Anonymous?! Or Vice Versa.

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/tec...101-1msq7.html

This Friday could well go down in history, ladies and gentlemen. This Friday, Anonymous has threatened to release sensitive data pertaining to a Mexican drug cartels network of politicians, police and others unless a member of Anonymous is released by the Cartel.

Now, I don't know much about Mexico, other than at the moment it is pretty dangerous, well, more dangerous than in the recent past. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I am under the impression that the struggles for power of drugs are creating a very volatile situation. I read somewhere that it is something like a couple of hundred dollars to off someone, chump change for murder. Whether that's true or not, I know the murder rate is fucking high at the moment and it is due to the jostling for position at the head of the table or the drug trade.

I'm also under the impression that Mexican cartels are not known for mercy, nor are they the type of people that take kindly to threats. In the above article there is a photo of a warning to other internet bloggers to STFU about them, with deadly overtures. In my opinion, I'd say the captured Anonymous member is dead already, not meaning to be harsh. If he is not, then I'm just thinking what the end game would be.

The thing that caught my attention is this is two very stubborn groups, wielding quite a lot of power. It is also a clash of the Internet and IRL that is unprecedented, except of course, by the Gong Sau's of Bullshido's illustrious past.

This could be historic depending on what happens with the information.

This could also be a non event.

Either way, I'll be interested in the outcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/31/2011 7:27pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to predict that there is going to be a dead hacker.

A pissed off cartel.

A pissed off DEA when anonymous drops an intell bomb that makes th po po look stupid.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    10/31/2011 7:47pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    I'm also under the impression that Mexican cartels are not known for mercy, nor are they the type of people that take kindly to threats. In the above article there is a photo of a warning to other internet bloggers to STFU about them, with deadly overtures.
    The last cartel warning to bloggers involved shredding a few bloggers and tying their corpses to fence posts. The gangs don't appreciate the anti-gang attitudes on Mexican social networks so they made a few examples of people.

Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    The thing that caught my attention is this is two very stubborn groups, wielding quite a lot of power. It is also a clash of the Internet and IRL that is unprecedented, except of course, by the Gong Sau's of Bullshido's illustrious past.
    Anonymous is an unorganized group of online clowns who flock around a very, very small number of actual hackers and follow hacktivist cause du jour. Unfortunately, they've been in a downward spiral from nuisance to currently being considered domestic terrorists and quite frankly, they've screwed themselves by going totally overboard with the anarchistic dreamland they think they live in.

I think the old ratio at DEFCON was that for every real hacker in a group, there are about 8 (2^3) scene whores who can barely use a web browser. Let's face it, hacking certainly did not begin at 4chan. 4chan is where a younger generation congregated and after watching "V for Vendetta" one too many times, decided foolishly that a) they live in such a dystopian fantasy and b) they can actually be anonymous on the internet..which is foolish unless you are truly skilled at hiding yourself.

For years, Anonymous was largely considered harmless by the old guard hacker elite until they started pulling the **** they have over the last few years. Now they have more three letter agencies looking for them then they ever expected, and sadly for them, this is not 1995 when their antics might have been considered prankish. Between Lulzsec and Anonymous, a lot of clueless little script kiddies are heading to jail instead of making what they think is a mark on the internet.

The drug cartels on the other hand, are heavily armed and well funded killers with politicians and police on their payroll. They'll have no problem dipping those Guy Fawkes masks in battery acid and then stapling them to the faces of most Anonymous members...
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/31/2011 7:54pm at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/31/2011 7:54pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    The last cartel warning to bloggers involved shredding a few bloggers and tying their corpses to fence posts. The gangs don't appreciate the anti-gang attitudes on Mexican social networks so they made a few examples of people.

Anonymous is an unorganized group of online clowns who flock around a very, very small number of actual hackers and follow hacktivist cause du jour. Unfortunately, they've been in a downward spiral from nuisance to currently being considered domestic terrorists and quite frankly, they've screwed themselves by going totally overboard with the anarchistic dreamland they think they live in.

I think the old ratio at DEFCON was that for every real hacker in a group, there are about 8 (2^3) scene whores who can barely use a web browser. Let's face it, hacking certainly did not begin at 4chan. 4chan is where a younger generation congregated and after watching "V for Vendetta" one too many times, decided foolishly that a) they live in such a dystopian fantasy and b) they can actually be anonymous on the internet..which is foolish unless you are truly skilled at hiding yourself.

For years, Anonymous was largely considered harmless by the old guard hacker elite until they started pulling the **** they have over the last few years. Now they have more three letter agencies looking for them then they ever expected, and sadly for them, this is not 1995 when their antics might have been considered prankish.

The drug cartels on the other hand, are heavily armed and well funded killers with politicians and police on their payroll. They'll have no problem dipping those Guy Fawkes masks in battery acid and then stapling them to the faces of most Anonymous members...
    So you're agreeing with the dead hacker thingy?????

Posted On:
    10/31/2011 8:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dflanmod View Post
    So you're agreeing with the dead hacker thingy?????
    It would certainly not be the first time.

What, you didn't realize hackers have been working for governments, armies, and organized crime since the 90s? Oh yes indeedy.

After reading the article, I agree with their assertion: Anonymous is going to get people killed that probably don't deserve it.

They're largely a stupid bunch, and their joke is long since over.

Like I said, they're delusional and they live the last 10 minutes of "V for Vendetta" over and over in their heads.

Unfortunately, that was a movie in the real world, the entire crowd at Parliament gets mowed down by tanks and soldiers. They don't get their country back by dressing up in costumes and playing pranks.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/31/2011 8:05pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/31/2011 8:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah but what will the cartel do when 50 pizzas get delivered all at the same time ? They will be totes embarrassed.

I seriously wonder sometimes if the handful of greybeard old school hackers in Anon (and Lulzsec) are just so sick of the "kids these days" that they orchestrate these kinds of certain suicide crusades as a way of purging the interwebs.

Posted On:
    10/31/2011 8:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Apple View Post
    I seriously wonder sometimes if the handful of greybeard old school hackers in Anon (and Lulzsec) are just so sick of the "kids these days" that they orchestrate these kinds of certain suicide crusades as a way of purging the interwebs.
    Those greybeards are just jealous all the other greybeards got decent computer jobs and don't care about knocking MasterCard or BoA or the CIA off the internet (not that they ever accomplished those threats anyway). **** man, we have online bills to pay. Stay off my interwebz, n00bz, unless you know how to use your turn signal properly, if you get my meaning.

Some of us actually want the internet to stay up and running and free of this kind of nonsense.

Some hackers are just groupie-collectors...for a while they do their thing and various personalities begin to orbit them. Kevin Mitnick was a good example. Yet where is he today? Nope, not stirring hactivist cults. He's making millions selling books and seminars.

Anonymous started that way like plenty of others...a circle that grew with time...there were Chinese "Honkers" who formed last decade in the same way, only their thing was showing nationalistic support for the PRC instead of finding various causes.

The Hong Ker Union was a good example of what is scarier than, say, Anonymous. The Hong Ker were like Anonymous if Anonymous had the support of the government and military....spooky and dangerous.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/31/2011 8:24pm at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/31/2011 8:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Never atribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.

Posted On:
    10/31/2011 8:27pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    10/31/2011 8:28pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So everyone agrees old mate hacker guy is most likely already dead? I'm still well keen to see whatever info they have released, if only to see the chaos that abounds. If no chaos, then the weight of Anonymous is significantly reduced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast