Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2011 12:17am

Style: Yudo, Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have personal experience in following places and can vouch for following.

Tiger Schulmann: You will be fit and will be in good shape if you don't slack. They don't go easy on cardio and serious on instruction but it is McDojo and you will be paying. Quality on what you learn is I'd say mediocre and weak on live training part. On bright note, they got rid of board breaking, belt testing (cept for black), and all the generic McDojo money maker.

Tech Judo: Really good place, ton of people (at least in 2008 when I was there last), some serious players ranging all age and belt range, and awesome instructor. As for training, I'd say 75/25 standing/ground emphasis and definitely Judo focused. Don't bring other stuff and try to pull it off. It's for Judo, competing in Judo, not let me pick some up for my MMA class, or let me pull off some BJJ or Sambo move. Overall, Tech Judo is cheap and great bang for your buck. But classes aren't frequent and you'll need a car to get there. Not too far from Hoboken though it's in N.Bergen.

Couple other choices I can't vouch for but worth checking in. There is Kyokushin dojo in Edgewater (IKO1) and Edge MMA in Hoboken. Both expensive, I think KK was 150. Don't remember how much Edge was but it was most expensive out of all except Tiger Schulmann because they try to sell you the bundle credit and try to make you pay upfront in bundle.

Lastly, there are ton of choices in NYC which is just path station away. Good luck.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2011 4:00am

Style: Kempo/Kickboxing/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really do appreciate all of the advice. Thanks so much, all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2011 5:55pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey, frank sinatra is from hoboken. take up singing lessons and woo your opponents.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/09/2011 8:38pm

Style: Kempo/Kickboxing/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is also the birthplace of Baseball, supposedly. If I can't woo them with "High Hopes", I can sure as hell swing a bat singing "Fly Me To The Moon." I have also decided that since I am gonna be living in a college town, I can easily get a drunken frat boy to grab my wrist or come at me like Frankenstein.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12