See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    6/04/2011 6:50pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No surprise...

Lazaro has made the rounds with ALL of the certificates-by-mail providers!

Mike Omerbegovich's (well-known certificate-by-mail seller) "Rank" list:

Does Lazaro have ANY legitimate training? ANY legitimate rank?

At first I thought all the Krav stuff *might* be somewhat legit, but now I'm really not sure. Kenpo Karate? JKD? ANYTHING???

I don't see ANYTHING that is NOT a certificate-by-mail rank.

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    6/04/2011 7:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also from Omerbegovich's site (found this earlier on - was just about to post when Skippy did, along a similar line):

http://usamma.tripod.com/id32.html
    Note the claim to a BJJ blackbelt again.

If there is one thing I love its my job as an Executive Protection Agent. As owner of a body guarding service in Miami,Fl. I take my job Very seriously and professionally. I have practiced martial arts for over 22 years and since the beginning I have dedicated my focus on realistic combat. Many famous organizations have asked me to represent them and if you look at my website you will see I have turned them all down, Except for one. The I.M.M.A. Don't let the long distance training fool you! Here you will find the VERY BEST Systems dedicated to REAL COMBAT, taught by a man with a desire to teach only the truth in combat and with a passion for fighting that I though only I had! Master Mike is the Best at what he does and it is truly an honor to represent his Association.
    I am trained in all of Master Mike's arts.The Krav Maga contains material that is exhaustive and by far the New standard in Krav Maga training. As a Para-Military fighter for the Elite Alfa 66 Team I was trained in Krav Maga...but Master Mike's took it to another level!
    I am a 5 Dan Black belt in American Kenpo...but again Master Mike's Kenpo course opens up a can of worms on what you think Kenpo is!
    Mike's MMA course is the most complete I have ever seen! No longer do you have to go many places and waste hours of training and thousands of dollars like I have to find the best!
    I teach JKD and Filipino martial arts part time in Miami and again The I.M.M.A. Filipino course is all one really needs to learn it all!
    Master Mike not only is one of the best schooled fighter's there is, He is also a great person with an incredible gift to teach and reach out! Thanks for your friendship Mike! Im always looking forward to any and all new courses!

Your friend and student,
    Lazaro "Assassin" Bueno
    Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt
    <email redacted - LM>

My name is Lazaro "Assassin' Bueno and I am an Executive Protection Agent. I have trained in the martial arts for over 22 years first taking up Tae Kwon Do in New Orlean's most famous martial arts school. I needed to learn how to fight and fight fast. Unfortunately after more than a year of training in Korean martial arts and a Black Belt, I still had no clue what to do in the street! I had given up on Tae Kwon Do and Korean martial arts and had went on to look for more realistic style combat that would help me survive the streets.
    Eventually I gave in and purchase The I.M.M.A. Korean courses on a gut feeling that I had missed out on something. I wondered why Master Mike whom I have learned a great deal from and who is a good friend would now be involved in a style I thought was useless! Because I know Mike to be a serious person when it comes to reality combat, I gave it a shot...and realized I had been fooled as a kid! Master Nigel is one of the most reality based combat fighters I have ever seen! Any one involved in security and protection would be a fool to not learn from this man! Forget what you think and what you have seen! Master Nigel shows you what Korean martial arts was REALLY meant to be! I now have trained in ALL of Master Nigels korean Courses and am pleased to represent his Organization! Thanks Master Mike and Master Nigel for all of your help and support!

Lazaro "Assassin" Bueno
    Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt
    <email redacted - LM>
    Screencap here (big, so not placed inline):
    http://img863.imageshack.us/img863/2...3072322708.png

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    6/04/2011 9:25pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His lack of a real bricks and mortar school makes me care less and less everyday. All I can find are his websites and "private" instruction.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 12:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark View Post
    His lack of a real bricks and mortar school makes me care less and less everyday. All I can find are his websites and "private" instruction.
    I found a physical address in a few different places, but google maps shows that it is an apartment building. Since it is probably Lazaro's home, I won't post the address.

The pics of him training never clearly show a brick-and-mortar school so I don't think he's ever had one.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 12:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wrote Rilion Gracie's Miami school to ask about Lazaro's training status.

Here is their reply:

Quote Originally Posted by Rilion Gracie's Miami School
    Lazaro Bueno is not a student at the Rilion Gracie Academy. He train with us last year for 3 months and he was a white belt. Just to confirm your question, Lazaro Bueno is not a Black-Belt under Rilion Gracie and he had train with us for a few months only. He start training with us as a White belt and he left as white belt.
    I don't think it could be any clearer.

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 12:47pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you point them to the websites where he presents himself as a black belt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 2:16pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just got the same email from Rilion's office manager.

Hi Tom,

Lazaro Bueno is not a student at the Rilion Gracie Academy. He train with us last year for 3 months and he was a white belt. Just to confirm your question, Lazaro Bueno is not a Black-Belt under Rilion Gracie and he had train with us for a few months only. He start training with us as a White belt and he left as white belt.

Thanks,

CHRISTOPHER DASILVA
    MANAGER
    email removed to reduce spam
    www.riliongracie.com
    Office: 305-285-2393
    Fax: 305-285-2392

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 4:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Here, Mr. Bueno appears to be wearing a Jiu-Jitsu gi bearing both the flags of the USA and Brazil. In addition, he is wearing what appears to be a black belt and a patch featuring the logo of Rickson Gracie's association.

I am unfamiliar with any of the other logos and patches.

See my tongue. SEE IT!

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 8:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    Here, Mr. Bueno appears to be wearing a Jiu-Jitsu gi bearing both the flags of the USA and Brazil. In addition, he is wearing what appears to be a black belt and a patch featuring the logo of Rickson Gracie's association.

I am unfamiliar with any of the other logos and patches.
    The only reason he is wearing that patch is because he filled out a form and paid a membership fee to Rickson's association. It isn't an endorsement of rank and you don't have to be any particular rank to join.

Posted On:
    6/06/2011 9:41pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy ****, and I thought Jason Brinn was bad when it came to misrepresenting your knowledge of BJJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast